2011 St. Louis European Autoshow | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2011 St. Louis European Autoshow

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GarechtExotics, Apr 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    Did I mention that Frontenac is putting a St Louis Bread Co in front of Saks.

Along with Plaza Frontenac is officially for sale

The show will be on the south side of Plaza Frontenac in front of Neiman Marcus this year.

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Yes, several months ago you had mentioned the St. Louis Bread Company.

Who is the current owner of Plaza Frontenac? Is it one of the developers in serious financial trouble?

Got the e-mail your morning about the show location. I have told the organizers that they have another spot to sell.

Jeff

3. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Yea, ill do it. Do you want one of all the Ferraris?

4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Yes, the Ferrari group is all that is of interest. The photos will be used for our chapter's newsletter and then will be submitted to Prancing Horse and the FCA National newsletter. At the national level they seem to prefer shots that show large groups of the cars together.

Jeff

5. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    It's for sale at 250.00 per ft ... not a bad price for a high end mall.

Held by a family type REIT - who knows maybe they want a new jet :)

6. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Sounds like you should do the deal yourself so they can buy a nice big jet for my next project!

Sorry I'll miss you this weekend. So you edging ever closer to a Scud or 16M?

Jeff

7. champagne612

champagne612 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2009
    I will post pics - I hope it's a good turnout :)

If the 458 spider debuts in a hardtop I will get very serious about the 16M.

8. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sera is a 89 Mondial T cab Sera Blue.

9. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Jeff be careful and come back in one piece and without any health issues. I was in Lagos and the Niger Delta.. I heard Abuja is a little better.

Enjoy London. The Ferrari store is not far from Picadilly circus stop if you have time. They do not recognise our american FCA cards for discounts though. There is a Ferrari store in Joburg. SA Airport if you stop thru. They are very nice and good guys there.

be safe

Dave

10. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Abuja to Enugu yesterday. Staying in The Golden Tulip which was built late last year and is pretty decent. Allegedly Thursday to Yammasoukro, Ivory Coast on Thursday then on to Freetown, Sierra Leone on Friday.

Abuja is far better than Lagos. It is a new city and has not had sufficient time to become decrepit like Lagos. In Abuja we stay in a private compound that is maybe a mile from the Hilton resort. Good area lots of security.

When we get to London again will have to check out the Ferrari store.

Jeff

11. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    For thise attending please remember to give me reports and photos. Include in formation on the weather - start overcast then clear up, threat of storms but stayed away, swealtering hot but the people came out in spite of it, etc.

What year anniversay for the event is it this year?

Jeff

12. Randy

Randy Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Randy
    did anyone stick around for the awards? who won in the Ferrari category?

13. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    How was the turn out? Which cars did you take? How was the weather?

Jeff

14. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Very nice turnout, I would say the Mclaren SLR, and Randy's 599GTO were the highlights!! Weather started out a little bit overcast but then cleared up as the day went on. It rained on us all the way from Decatur (Illinois) until about Collinsville. Ill have the pictures up in a bit. I took plenty of the Ferrari group for you, Jeff. :)

15. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    I stayed around and you didn't win, "i voted for the 599GTO" . The 2+2 older Ferrari that was the first car in line won....

16. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Thats kind of disappointing. I was hoping for sure the GTO wouldve won..oh well..
    Hey, it was good to meet you too. I tried to look for you for the rest of the show to ask about the Ferrari pictures i was taking, but couldnt find you haha

17. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    #93 fat cab, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was in the low budget Porsche,Audi and BMW lot.. nice meeting you also.Looking forward to your guy's video's
    I took three pictures before my camera broke..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    Ill post the links when I upload them...Randy you should have got in on that Revving contest the Ferrari's had going..Your GTO would've blown them all out of the water.

19. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    great shots, jacob! great turnout too! good seeing everyone up there, i'll get some pictures up in the next day or two...who knows, may be tonight, :)

20. GarechtExotics

GarechtExotics Karting

Mar 5, 2011
    Decatur
    Full Name:
    Jacob Garecht
    I'd like to see your shots! I wish we could've met up though. Maybe you saw me? Im in the 3rd picture.

21. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    330 GT. nice car but IMO Jim's 288 GTO is the coolest Fcar in STL.

good show, nice to see all the old gang. next year plan it for one of the seven nice weather days STL has :p

22. jssans

jssans Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Josh
    #98 jssans, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. Scuderia Santo Luigi

Scuderia Santo Luigi Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2010
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #99 Scuderia Santo Luigi, Jun 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
    I was in attendance but didn't see anyone. I haven't met any of you yet, but I didn't see any of you lurking around your cars, so I'll try to catch up with you at a future C&C. There can only be one Guy Incognito, but I have managed to go undetected since I haven't seen myself in any posted photos so far. :D

Overall the show was great. Relocating the show to the south lot by Neiman Marcus was a great move as there was much more room to check out the cars. Of course, Ferrari Row was especially impressive, but that goes without saying. Tim, I probably missed it elsewhere in these forums, but I noticed for the first time that the "FAT CAB" license plate is no longer on a "fat cab" but is now on a very nice 993 Turbo instead. (Congrats!) There were so many great German and Italian rides present, and even quite a few British cars as well, but we need a few more Swedes, and most of the Vdubs were hanging out with mine in the spectator lot.

I'm just glad the show was today instead of yesterday since it was slightly cooler, not that it makes a difference here in St. Louis. :D

24. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Looks like a fine turn out with more than just the "usual suspects" in attendance.

Send photos directly to my e-mail jkennedy.design AT gmail.com

Jeff