2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, 2K miles, 6-speed manual, LWB seats | FerrariChat

2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder, 2K miles, 6-speed manual, LWB seats

Discussion in 'Cars' started by M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    #1 M. Brandon Motorcars, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    * Arctic Silver Metallic/Boxster Red
    * 2,084 miles
    * A "stick and seats" car, the most desirable specification
    * 6-speed manual
    * Lightweight carbon fiber bucket seats
    * Very rare

The Porsche Boxster Spyder is one of my favorite road cars ever produced. Yes, I own a dealership specializing in Ferraris, and am an enthusiastic owner of Ferraris as well, but I love Porsches as well, and have always had a soft spot for the Spyder ever since I owned one a few years ago. The Boxster Spyder is emphatically NOT a regular Boxster, and is one of the most engaging and rewarding cars that has ever existed.

The Boxster Spyder was released near the end of the 987 model lifecycle, as the lightest Boxster ever made up to that point, and was only produced in 2011 and very early in 2012. Only a few hundred Spyders were thought to be produced for the US market, and the cars sold out quickly when they were released. The most noticeable change to the regular Boxster was the deletion of the power soft top, replaced with a two-piece canvas/carbon fiber "sunshade". The 3.4 liter flat-6 engine was uprated to 320 hp. The suspension was lowered 10mm and specially tuned for the Spyder, and lightweight Spyder-only wheels were specified. Numerous other mechanical and cosmetic changes to the normal Boxster complete the package, making the Spyder a very special and distinct model.

This particular 2011 Boxster Spyder is finished in the very rare color combination of Arctic Silver Metallic over Boxster Red full leather interior. However, more importantly, this car has the combination of the two extremely desirable and rare options that really define the Boxster Spyder as it was envisioned by Porsche: the 6-speed manual transmission and the carbon fiber full bucket seats. (Most Spyders were specified by dealers with the PDK transmission and the regular Boxster sport seats.) In addition, this Spyder was ordered with the Sport Chrono package, allowing the throttle to have a more aggressive map as well as the dash-mounted stopwatch, and the Sport Exhaust package, giving the driver the ability to press a button to open the exhaust valves for a deeper and louder sound.

Quite possibly the best part of this Spyder is that it only has been driven 2,084 miles from new, and the car presents in absolutely as-new condition. The original window sticker, all service records, books, manuals, tools, etc. are present. I have driven the car, and it is exactly what a great Boxster Spyder should be: the engine sounds amazing, the steering is tight and accurate, the suspension is incredible with a very sharp turn-in, and the brakes are typical modern Porsche brakes, powerful and confident. Again, this is essentially a new car fresh from the showroom floor. And, all servicing has been brought up to date, allowing this car to be driven and enjoyed immediately.

Many "Top 10" lists of the best Porsches ever made include the Boxster Spyder, and it is not surprising. Values of these cars have maintained their level since new, and examples with the 6-speed manual and bucket seats will especially maintain their desirability into the future. Having these attributes, as well as extremely low mileage, make this particular car an opportunity not to be missed for the serious Porsche collector. I look forward to discussing this very special Boxster Spyder with you. Please contact Michael Foertsch at [email protected] or 832-617-0494.

Price: $79,900

Many more pictures can be found on my website: 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder ? M. Brandon Motorcars
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    That is one beautiful car....

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Amen

4. jvmax

jvmax Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    these are undervalued compared to the new 981 Spyder, and better looking too!! I should know, I own 2 of them. Silver over Red is pretty rare and beautiful, classic 1950's Porsche color combo

5. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Thanks everyone! It is an incredible car.

And jvmax, I've seen your cars. That PTS yellow one is amazing!

6. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I have to follow up my Amen with another comment. I'm not even in the market for a Spyder...and I must have checked out your webpage and scanned those photos 5 times since you posted that. I even checked it out youtube videos on youtube. That car is just stunning... absolutely stunning.

7. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Beautiful car....I think you know where I stand on an Arctic Silver car with buckets, and 6 speed ;)

8. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    Gorgeous spec. Well worth the money. I just bought a 2011 Spyder and should get it in a few weeks. Couldn't get one with the sport buckets though...

A few other neat items about the car...unique aluminum rear clamshell for trunk and roof storage.

You can put most of the sunshade in without the rear and rear/side portions so it's just like a stretched toupe.

Aluminum door skins unique to this car.

It's actually quite a significant reworking of the car considering it didn't cost much more. This is your 911/964 Speedster 20 years from now.

9. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I purchased one of these about 6 months ago. I was able to find one with the options I wanted except mine came with turbo wheels. At first I thought they were aftermarket, but got the build/order sheet and they were listed, an expensive option. I looked a while for the LWBS and finally found them. The only option it doesn't have and wasn't sure if I really wanted were the ceramic brakes.

It is a blast to drive. It is very light, about 2800lbs. It handles well and the engine/exhaust sounds are very good (not Ferrari great though) with the factory sport exhaust.

I think the small changes from a non spyder transform the car, I think its beautiful, not your typical boxster. I get frequent compliments and some ask what's the make (in-spite of it being stated on the side).

GLWS, it's a beauty.

10. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    great color combo and great car

11. rdynamix

rdynamix Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2013
    Beautiful car, made me start thinking about this as an option for my next addition... Lovely, just lovely.

12. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I can certainly make that happen! Just contact me. :)

13. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Forgot to mark this one sold a couple of weeks ago!