»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> !! 2011 Korean Grand Prix -Race- *-*-*SPOILERS*-*-* !! <-(¯`·.·´¯)-« | Page 13 | FerrariChat

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> !! 2011 Korean Grand Prix -Race- *-*-*SPOILERS*-*-* !! <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

Discussion in 'F1' started by vinuneuro, Oct 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2003Enzo

2003Enzo Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    It's actually kind of sad to see the rift between Lewis and Mclaren so evidently on display. Having one side of the team on edge around the driver is not the way to start off a season and I hope they sort this out soon.

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #302 TifosiUSA, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously I was making fun of you being such a hypocrite with your Kimi sig rather than trying to "be original." Good Lord you're dense. But hey, feel free to keep bashing Massa, FA, and Kimi at will but chastise anyone that does the same with LH.

I bash Hamilton when he deserves it. Hamilton had done plenty in the previous 4 races that could warrant bashing. Just because you make a bunch of lame ultra-sarcastic remarks does not make criticizing Hamilton a "joke."

I never bash his talent, either. If you weren't so slow you would understand that I think Hamilton is one of the top 3 drivers in the field along with Alonso and Vettel. You would understand that I think he will outpoint Button by the end of the year. Finally, you would understand that I thought people saying he was washed up or that McLaren needed to get rid of him were stupid.

So...you weren't bashing Alonso with your little quip about gesticulating? LOL! I think someone is a little antsy at LH getting beaten convincingly in the standings by FA in the far inferior Ferrari.

I said some parts were exciting. 95% of it was a procession.

Right, so when I said earlier this year that I thought the Canadian Grand Prix was fantastic (McLaren driver wins, FA taken out by said McLaren driver) or Monaco (Vettel wins, MS car failure) or China (Hamilton wins, Ferrari dog slow) I was just cheering for the result. Right Mikey?

...Right?

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Did Webber have a good start?

That's all that matters :).
    Pete

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Felipe's biggest issue is simply consistency. He can be good in spots, but seems to fall off the cliff at other times. He's a quintessential #2 driver...good enough to stay in the mix and have impressive drives, but not consistent enough to be considered a title favorite.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Lewis looked like somebody told him something during the weekend that he couldn't let go of (i.e. Whitmarsh acknowledging that Lewis is a marked man in races and that McLaren knew about it). I think people are probably reading too much into his 'mental state' issues, but I think clearly he seemed to feel that the team let him down somehow. Obviously, it had little to do with the Korean GP.

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I agree...that's why I don't have a problem with Vettel's dominance....there's plenty of other stuff going on.

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'd like to see that happen. The guy surprised me with his speed compared to Sutil, regularly beating him since the beginning.

I was going to write something about Massa not needing to be replaced but I actually started thinking; the guy hasn't even had a podium this season. Then I read his best finish is 5th. Since his accident he hasn't been the same, unfortunately. The guy is perhaps the nicest guy in the paddock, but unfortunately it takes more than that...

Another guy Ferrari should look at is Estaban Gutierez, young mexican dude. In GP3 and 2 he was amazing. Has some maturing to do (get him a 2013 job at Sauber), but definitely one to watch...

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Apparently it's not all roses with his superhot girlfriend either...

9. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    So would I, but he's a MB guy. Then again, so was MS when he first got his start.

10. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    While I don't wish to stifle discussion, please refrain from making personal comments like those highlighted above. ;) Thanks! :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    :)

OK, Good arguments, I can go with him!..... Still not sure he'd be an improvement, but may be worth a shot.

He's had a crappy season, no doubt. Happens to all of 'em if they're doing it long enough. But the car isn't that good and Fred is a stud. I don't think Phil's "lost it" at all.

He's outqualified the mighty one a few times. Further, a review of overtakes this year reveals..... Massa has more than anyone else..... I'll try and dig up the article again.

*Maybe* on the first three - Nico tends to go backwards in races though. I "voted" for JB earlier and Robert (assuming fitness) may upset the Delicate One so I dunno.

The other three aren't near ready IMO - None of 'em would do better than Phil IMO. I'd also substitute Scotalian for Sooty - He is starting to impress me.

Cheers,
    Ian

12. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Oh dear.

Because I questioned your calling it a "ridiculously boring race", something most here seem to disagree with, I should go and watch the taxicabs? No thanks.

I didn't call it "thrilling" - But then I don't need a tight race for P1 for it to be interesting either - I can look further back and enjoy teammate battles and seeing who's in the lower points positions etc. Obviously you find it boring unless P1 is being contested, I don't.

Cheers,
    Ian

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Swiss Blick reports that the reasons for why Hambone was in such a pissy mood all weekend long has nothing to do with F1 but the fact that Nicole left him for another man.

Blame it on Simon and the X-factor. ;)

14. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    He's rich, famous, young and now single. I hope he can make it through this difficult time in his life...

15. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    It's actually my XY-factor that gets me the girls. :D

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ROFL

There is only one Nicole Scherzinger in the world. There are plenty of WDCs on the other hand...

17. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I maintain that Alonso "baited" Petrov into flying into the corner too fast, knowing there was a wall of cars waiting there at the end of the straight, and just snuck off the track and avoided it all. Petrov problem solved, and the added bonus of Schumi being booted as well.

18. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Isn't she something like 10 years older than him? His reaction should have been more like Vettel's after winning the race. :D

19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Errr.... try reading this (from http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95485 ):

Alonso also admitted to having been lucky in his incident with Vitaly Petrov early in the race, when they arrived side-by-side at Turn 3 too quick for the corner.

"We were coming out of the pits, with a group of cars coming, and it was quite difficult this pit exit.

We went to the DRS detection point quite close all together, Vitaly and me, and we had DRS available. He took the slipstream on me and overtook me. I took the slipstream of him and, with the double slipstream, we arrived 30 km/h quicker than everybody else!

We braked too late both of us. I had the luck to be on the run off area and he did not have the luck and found Michael [Schumacher]. One of the cars nearly hit me but I saw in the last moment and avoided the accident, so it was okay."

I don't see anything there suggesting that Alonso "baited" Petrov into an accident, they simply misjudged the slip stream and then it was pure luck for Alonso that he went down the outside and not the inside.

Frankly it's disappointing to hear someone suggest that any professional driver would put other drivers at such risk in that manner!.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I respectfully disagree:
    Watch the replay from the McLaren pits during the last lap of the 2008 GP in Brazil.

21. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

22. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I stand corrected... :)

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Come on now, when you are young and your first love is Nicole, you spend all day and the race thinking, how will I top that :) Sorry to hear but if true he will survive. Im thinking her clock is ticking and LH has been public about no children any day soon.

24. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    This has to be the best news for Lewis, I was hoping this day will come. Maybe now he can stay focused on what he needs to be focused on. I remember a shot of a quali or practice session where Nicole was by the car talking to Lewis until his dad stepped in and moved her away so he could concentrate. He sure has needed a strong manager this year! Maybe now he won't bring in the stupid and ignorant hollywood/pop scene crowd that were an embarrassment to the sport (Ice cube in the Mclaren pits in Canada). I think Lewis will do a lot better now that he can focus.

25. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    No crap, with as big as F1 is in Europe I have little doubt he could do better anyway.