2011 Indy 500 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

2011 Indy 500

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by SMS, May 4, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That's my line!

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Glad to see the steamroller fall on it's face. Good to see/hear the class of Roger Penske in his interviews.

Congrats to a deserving winner and an inexperienced rookie mistake.

3. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #303 yzee, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Quick correction to the finish order: 5th goes to Dixon, 6th to Servia. Servia passed Dixon after the yellow, so he was put back to where he should have been.

All of Turn 3 were on their feet during those final laps.

Feel very sorry for JRH in making that mistake. Bummer he was running out of fuel and was forced to conserve. he had a huge lead on Wheldon. JRH could have easily maintained that safe lead if he didn't have to conserve. Bad move going too high in T4 which loves to slide cars to the wall. Awesome of him to drive that heap forward to the finish line. Just a little more gap over Wheldon and he would have won with a crashed car. Would have been epic for the history books.

I'm happy for Wheldon. He has matured and become more level-headed. No longer that entitled jerk he was a few years back.

Rahal on the podium! I was pulling for him.

Tags was who I picked to win it. He showed so well all month long. I was also pulling for Servia.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Same here...But I'll tell you I think I felt actual pain for the guy. Even my wife said she's rarely heard such agony in my voice.

6. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #306 yzee, May 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I sure look forward to your photos when I know you've been to a race.

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I guess that J.R. Hildebrand can sympathize with that other JR - Dale Earnhardt, Jr. - because they both lost races that they had in the bag on the last corner! What is the likelihood of that happening twice in the same day?

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

it was an interesting/exciting day of racing!!!! i took advantage of our less than perfect weather in san diego yesterday...i watched all the races and thoroughly enjoyed my day!!!!

pcb

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Michael, great photos. Look forward to more. Glad you found the seat. I usually have to close my eyes going up and then down those stairs. But once you are up there, the view is spectacular.

Who was sitting to your left? Used to be Donald Cummins, the owner of Al Unser Sr's car, and his wife. She used to close her eyes for the first 3 laps, too many visions of Salt Walther.

11. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Seat to the left empty. Next 2 left was a real young couple who left halfway. Despite my inner ear problems I got up there ok but about halfway through I thought the place was moving. Went down to the patio and got 2 beers and was fine. I didn't take a lot of pics. I hadn't been to a 500 since 95 and was kind of mesmerized. I'll dig a few more out as the week goes on. I saved your ticket for you.

12. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks Bill. I'll get a few more out in the PM. Got to go.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Maybe I will finally be able to buy the seat next to mine. I am glad you enjoyed the race, was pretty good on TV even though I did not understand the Spanish announcers.

14. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Princess Sparkle Pony go "BOOM"!!! o_O

15. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    No, she finished 10th in 2011.....this is 2018...!