2011 Ferraris and Friends Event | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2011 Ferraris and Friends Event

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by jimshadow, May 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just got my Italian mistress back together and running, gotta do some sorting out....if all goes well Karen and I will be down there on Friday & Saturday! Can't Wait! Order up some good weather Jim!

2. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Excellent! Looks like we are going to have great weather at this point. I drove the "morning drive" route today to time it and make sure the roads are fine....it's going to be a really good time on the drives.:).
    There is also going to be a series of 3 Tech Sessions that are must sees!

3. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I encourage anyone who has any interest in how their Italian car actually works to attend the tech sessions. Last year Brian Stewart taught many things about the cars, how they work, and even parts cross-referencing, etc. I'm telling you....if your a DYI'er like me you MUST ATTEND the tech sessions, you can't put a price on this stuff! I mean your actually there...with cars, parts, whatever...and can ask anything....what more could you want!

4. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I will be coming on Friday. Since it doesn't start until about 4pm, I was thinking of coming to Indiana early to check out other places, like Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. Does anyone know of any cool dealerships/museums in the area to check out?

Also, I don't have a show car, but are spectators allowed to arrive early to see the cars arriving?

Thanks!

Chris

5. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Chris,

Yes, you can come early. Give me a call when you arrive and if I'm available we can catch up. I'd recommend swinging by SweetCars, although some of their cars will be heading over to Sycamore Hills. Lingenfelter will have a 2011 Firebird at the show as well.
    Glad you are going to make it!

Jim
    574-320-7360

6. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Thank you very much for the info, Jim! I will surely get in touch with you when I arrive and I look forward to meeting you.

Chris

7. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Does anyone know if there will be an F40 in attendance? That is my all time favorite Ferrari, and I would LOOOOVE to just be near one.

8. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
  9. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    We have not had one register yet Mitch....sorry. :( Come anyway, there will be some cool Ferraris in attendance!

JIM

10. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Jim, Odds are against me pulling it off, but is it possible to just show up from Sunday C&C?

11. Indy430

Indy430 Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    RJ
    Mitch... There is one that lives in Indy.....

12. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The weather reports don't sound very encouraging for Saturday or Sunday..Oí oÍ O..better ask for some devine intervention....

13. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Friday is going to be great and it looks like there is a chance of rain Saturday afternoon. The party is under a tent, so we'll be good. Sides will be down and we'll stay dry.

Of note, we had a 458 and a 16M Scuderia register today. ;) That is in addition to a slew of other Ferraris, Maseratis, Porsches, etc.....:)

Hey Mitch....I need another E55 AMG to put beside my car....you coming?

JIM

14. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hey Jim...we had plans to come down but things just didn't work out. I would like to come down for the Saturday tech sessions...weather permitting. What time do the festivities begin at Artisans Rods and Classics?

15. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    The firstndrive is at 8:30, the autocross is at the Coliseum at 11 and the Tech Sessions will stRt at 1pm at Artisans. Party starts at 5-midnight

16. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Are all the "drive" participants meeting at Artisans before heading out? Are you doing more than one drive? If so when does the 2nd drive start?

17. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Do you happen to know him?

18. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Stuck in Indy. My 2 year old daughter threw a wrench into our plans to addend. So the E63 will be parked here, unfortunately. :(

19. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I made it down for the Saturday activities....quite a good turn out, especially considering mother nature was having pms that day! It was chilly with occasional sprinkles, as the day went on the sprinkles became rain and some wind, with hail reported a couple miles away. I was hoping for a break in the rain so I could make the drive back to Michigan, without turning the car into a total mess...but it was not to be. Just north of Ft. Wayne and for the next 50 miles I hit severe rain, so much so that traffic was pulling off the side of the road due to lack of visibility. Since I've owned this TR it's never seen rain...I am happy to report the car handled this awful weather quite well, no issues at all. I used to be so anal about detailing it that if there was even a hint of moisture the car would stay in the garage. But as I get older (less flexible, less ambition, and more arthritic) my standards are relaxing a bit. Jimbo....I'll be down for next year's event! You put on an outstanding event.....GREAT JOB!

20. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I saw pictures somewhere else... looks like a great turnout & nice weather! Congrats Jim! Next year I'll be sure to attend

21. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Jeff,

I'm so glad that you made it! This year's event was better than I expected. Once I get pics, I'll post them up. At some point on Saturday late afternoon, they came to get the Duesenberg. I walked across the street and looked back at the event....it was pouring and there were 75-80 cars there just enjoying the rain and people everywhere. That's a statement!!!! :)

@ Webby....I hope to see you here next year. The dates will be Oct. 5,6,7 2012.

JIM

22. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    He has shown up at C&C a couple of times. I don't know who the connection to him is.

23. Indy430

Indy430 Karting

Dec 5, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    RJ
    I do....

24. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There were three in Indy area, I know 2 still are, not sure about the one at Motorkraft.

The registration 'F40' is the one at C&C, yes? Also owns a Mangusta, Dino, GT and others.....

25. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Hey Jim,

Congratulations on a great show! I was glad I got to meet you in person finally. I am very happy that I was able to make it this year. Amazing cars, and I was very impressed by how friendly and approachable everyone was. I met some great people! The staff was excellent too. Thank you for a fun time!

I have created a video highlighting some of the great cars on Friday.

I have a few other cars coming soon that have their own standalone videos, including the Diablo, Murcielago, Maserati Granturismo, and the Duesenberg.

Chris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djFkV9ERueI[/ame]