2011 FCRA Championship Schedule | FerrariChat

2011 FCRA Championship Schedule

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Feb 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Below you will find the final 2011 FCRA calendar. * *As you can see we lost the Daytona venue. *It's disappointing but we will definately have it for next year, and you will see we will be running the first two rounds at Sebring.

Aside from this hurtle, we have a fantastic calendar. * The events are scheduled so rounds in the south and north are grouped together to minimize transportation costs between events.

Also, we scheduled the races to coincide with some of the best Ferrari events in the country. *The opening and closing rounds will take place at the Celebration Exotic Car Festival and the French Quarter Classic. *These legendary events have celebrity chefs introducing participants to culinary art and social*extravaganzas. *Following in the footsteps of these events will be the inaugural South Beach Classic, which will bring this concept to Miami.

For our serious racers, we will be the Support Race for the Grand Am event at NJMS. * And we have the legendary track Watkins Glenn at a longtime FCA event.

The calendar was designed to minimize costs and maximize the fun. *We hope you enjoy;

FCRA 2011 Season

1) April 7-10 *Sebring*
    2) June 11-12 Sebring**
    3) July 23-24 *NJMS***
    4) Sept 2-4 Watkins Glenn****
    5) Oct 13-14 Homestead*****
    6) November 4-5 NOLA******

** * * **Celebration Exotic Car Festival
    ** * * **FCRA/Chin Motorsports*
    ** * ***Grand Am Support Race
    ** ****FCA Event (FCA Members)
    ******South Beach Classic * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ******French Quarter Classic VII

There are six events or rounds, but drivers only count the top five rounds toward the Championship. *Each round consists of two races. Drivers aggregate points from each race toward a total for each round. * *Drivers may only add points from five out of the six rounds toward the championship. *This allows drivers to participate in only five out of six rounds for maximum points and miss a race without penalty. *Or drivers may choose to run all six rounds and

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Okay, John fess up. Whut's shakin my man? You gonna do the FQC this year? And it is gonna be the Ferrari FQC or will it possible that lesser cars driven by minions such as myself may be able to play?

Dale

3. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    John, can you give us details on Sebring Apr7-10? Dates for Practice, Qualy, Race(s)?

That weekend is probably better for us.

Thanks,

Mark

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Schedule looks pretty good to me. Only big conflict is both Montreal F1 and FCA Annual Meet on the 2nd Sebring event. I haven't been to Montreal in 2 years or FCA Annual since Monterey 2004 though.

5. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Schedule does look good, but sure wish the Annual Meet was in the place of Sebring II, considering the meet is featuring Challenge cars and that it would be a snap to integrate the races into the Wed-Fri track format.

I can help a LOT of drivers at Hutchinson Island, too. ;)

6. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #6 johnhoughtaling, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    Peter

I tried really hard to incorporate Savanna into the schedule. The FCRA was originally invited, and we had it on the schedule, however a lawyer for the FCA and Denny Austin made it very clear that they were hostile to our series and several members were afraid they would give is problems. My understanding is Denny Austin is running this event and made it clear he was hostile to our efforts. He said he doubted we were invited and made it clear that our series was unwelcome.

The hostility we received gave us pause and was a major factor in dropping it from the calendar. We want to race in a friendly atmosphere where people enjoy our participation. We don't want negative people who may want to spoil things for us. The second reason was the track is supposed to be very poor, short, and there were several sections with walls were a car can get hurt.

I really wanted to show support for this event, and we really liked the organizers, but the Boad if the FCA was so hostile that felt the safest thing to do was to back away

My hope is in the furture, when these two bad apples on the board of FCA are gone, we can have a collaborative effort with the FCA. But for now everytime we held out our hand in friendship it has been slapped.

7. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #7 ProCoach, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    That's a shame, John. I think it would have worked out just fine. Turn 1 and 2 are really, really fun and fast. Hutchinson Island is no worse than a lot of places we go to. Sebring T7, T17 and the Glen T6, T8 and T9 have barriers pretty close to the edge of the road. You just drive accordingly! ;)

But my hat's off to you for putting this whole thing together! It's a great undertaking and I've heard from a fair number of people who are interested in participating. I had a very enjoyable and illuminating discussion with Mr. Demonte from Universal Autosports this past weekend and am looking forward to hopefully assisting a number of FCRA drivers to go fast and safely this year.

Best, Peter

8. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    We are excited about the rounds particularly Bc they take place in conjunction with a very high end event. At each venue there is going to be a wonderful social asspect with functions, cocktail parties, dinners and entertainment. If you can picture the French Quarter Classic focused on the race, that's what these events will be like. You will have the service and ammenedies equal to a Pro Tour. Our object is to provide great venues for friendly racers.

In the next few days alll of the drivers will receive the first in a series of sponsor goods, and instructions.

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    John

Congratulations on having put all of this together!

I'm amazed at the silly rivalries than plague people who are simply trying to bring people together to enjoy themselves and please fans.

I'm sure this will be a huge success and thank you for your efforts.

The whole world needs more coming together and less splitting into derisive groups.

I also think a bit of the old days racing wise would be a good thing too.

Your Brother in Arms

Jim

10. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #10 johnhoughtaling, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    To reflect and update the calendar, the FCRA has binding contracts in place for the following year: Guys this is it. Start your engines:

1) April 7-10 *Sebring*
    2) July 4-5 VIR**
    3) July 23-24 *NJMS***
    4) Sept 2-4 Watkins Glenn****
    5) Oct 13-14 Homestead*****
    6) November 4-5 NOLA******

*Celebration Exotic Car Festival
    **FCRA/Chin
    ***Grand Am Support FCRA Race
    ****FCA event
    *****South Beach Classic
    ****** French Quarter Classic

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    excited about the VIR add. for those that don't know VIR is a very old historic track with a bunch of Ferrari history too.

http://www.virhistory.com/

12. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My neck of the woods !!

VIR is an awesome place.

13. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name: