2011 FCRA Championship Schedule | FerrariChat

2011 FCRA Championship Schedule

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by johnhoughtaling, Oct 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The 2011 Ferrari Club Racing Championship preliminary calendar is listed below and will be posted on the website at www.ferrariclubracing.com. *As you will see below the FCRA will have a drivers and Team championship.

In the next few weeks we will settle on our main sponsors. * All sponsors will pay or supply in kind goods which will go directly to the membership. *The founding principal of the FCRA is that it is not owned for the profit of any one member. *Rather all sponsorship money is owned by the drivers and used to subsidize running expenses.

Drivers will receive a sponsorship package, which will include FCRA number plates, and sponsor logos. * The sponsors logos will be directed to certain positions on the*car. *Running with these decals is mandatory if a car or driver is to be awarded points. ** Stand 21 is designing a custom tailored FCRA suit, complete with FCRA sponsors. *Stand 21 will also customize the FCRA suit with drivers corporate logos in design colors to match driver's car. *The suits will come with a custom FCRA bag with your racing number. * Jerome Bocuse *is working on a discount from Stand 21 and corporate help for the suits. *The FCRA suits will not be mandatory.

Contact me with any suggestions or questions and make calls to recruit drivers and sponsors, *

Forza,*

John W. Houghtaling II

SCHEDULE:

2011 FCRA Championship

1) April 14-15 Sebring celebration

2) June 7- 8th Savanna National Event

3) *TBA

4) Sept 5-6 *Watkins Glenn

5) November 4-5 Daytona or (NOLA Motorsports)

The FCRA will host a drivers and Team Championship for each race. * *
    Drivers points will be awarded for the first seven positions

Position. * * *Points
    1st. * * * * * *10
    2nd. * * * * * * 8
    3rd. * * * * * * 7
    4th. * * * * * * 4
    5th. * * * * * * 3
    6th. * * * * * * 2
    7th. * * * * * * 1

Each driver will be awarded points separately for 430, 360, 355/348 *
    classes. *The driver with the most points in each class at the end of *
    the championship is the 2011 FCRA National Champion in the 430,360, *
    355/348 championship. *To earn points a driver must finish the race *
    without incident or penalty. *Each Champion will recieve a custom made *
    BRM watch commemorating the 2011 Championship.

Team points will be awarded to the Team that finishes any car in the *
    points. There are no limit to the amount of cars a team can enter *
    before a race and no distinction as to class * Drivers not under *
    contract with teams for a year are free to switch Teams prior to *
    registration deadline for each race.

Points are awarded for each car running under the teams banner. *To *
    earn points a Team car must finish the race without incident or penalty.
    **Points are awarded to each team as follows:

Position. * * *Points
    1st. * * * * * *10
    2nd. * * * * * * 8
    3rd. * * * * * * 7
    4th. * * * * * * 4
    5th. * * * * * * 3
    6th. * * * * * * 2
    7th. * * * * * * 1

The team with the most points awarded by the end of the year will be *
    the 2011 FCRA Championship Team.

2. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That is terrific. I'll make all the dates that I can, starting with Sebring.

Mark

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    John, I see that the rules allow a few mods, exhaust and aero, for example. have you considered allowing substitute shocks? Purely selfish question, as I have Penskes on my 430C. Thanks.

4. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I think that's fine. Right now the rules are fairly loose and are preliminary. As written they state that at the options of the stewards a car can be bumped up in class if the mods are too great. For example Jeff Ippolittis monster 355 will likely be classed in the 360 class.

The rules will develop as we go. The idea is to balance keeping it fun and keeping costs down. The theory is to allow the mods to the cars that make them more reliable/safe and drivable. Most challenge cars have evolved in the same way. For example the 360 C just is really twitchy stock but completely amazing with the splitter and wing. Hence 99.9% of all 360 C have these mods.

Many cars have had shocks altered. This mod is often not more expensive than replacing worn out stock shocks so it's in keeping with the spirit of the preliminary rules.

5. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Correction

Watkins Glenn is Sept. 2nd-4th.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Thanks John, count me in.

One suggestion - consider a class for the GT cars. They'd be the stars of the show.

7. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    If we have enough cars sign up for GT we will make a class. Right now they can run without points

8. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I had Texas World Speedway teed up and ready to go. Let me know if you if you want to make this a part of your schedule.

Paul

9. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey Paul,
    TWS would be a fabulous track to drive and race!!

The rest of the facilities are pretty rundown; and to have the race in July or August would be brutally hot, but I would certainly be there.

Mark

10. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I like this suggestion!

CW

11. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I think Homestead (Miami Raceway) and Road Atlanta would be a great addition. Two big population centers. Lots of people who own Ferrari's and cheap to rent out.

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    On tracks -

- personally, I prefer road courses to rovals - never been on a roval I loved (Pocono, NH, Homestead, others)

- west coast? Hard to get Laguna or Sears Point (oh, I'm so sorry, Infineon)? Maybe midwest, Road America or Mid Ohio? Series looks pretty east coast.

- Whatever you pick, pick a first tier track - Roebling is inexpensive to rent and run by wonderful people, but I have no interest in racing there. Atlanta would be a better pick IMO. Sebring and the Glen are spot on IMO.

Lots of Helpful Idea Guys around when you do a lot of work to get something started. ;)

13. Paul430c

Paul430c Karting

May 26, 2004
    Virginia
    I'm interested in this as well. My FChat handle is outdated (Paul355c) and I've been too lazy to change it. I run a 430 Challenge in club racing and I may do the FCRA as well. Will H, this could be fun. Yes?

14. Sellnit

Sellnit Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2010
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    James
    +1 For Mid Ohio, would be nice to have something in the Midwest.

15. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #15 johnhoughtaling, Oct 14, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
    I am very glad for the enthusiasm. We have over 45 cars signed up for the series, and we have just started. Sponsors are calling us daily so the drivers that sign up will get support funds. For now, registration is free. This will not stay like this, so sign up.

BRM is on board. They are making custom chronographs for the class champions. Franco Valobra is sponsoring the trophies. If anyone has seen the Crystal Murano glass horses, he will be presenting one to each winner of each race in the series. (at $2,000 per copy). He is also working on really cool presentations for second and third place.

The object of the series is to run a high end series and keep costs down through sponsors.

Good news is the Team Championship is really getting traction with the support teams. I've had three support teams already contact me about sponsoring the series. They are going to compete for drivers and that is am good thing!

On the tracks, if you have an exact date and event for the FCRA to join that fits the calendar, let me know.

16. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Signed up today, well done, John.

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was going to cut back my racing even a little more than I had, but this might bring me out of retirement. ;)

I think my questions have been answered, you see several of the 360, 355, and even 348's with "GT" style aero and some have adjustable shocks. I think its fair that if too many mods then just bump up to next class. Even the "GT" cars, like a 360 might be appropriate with 430 Challenge cars. 430 GT cars with 458 Challenge cars? As example, Mark McKenzie's 355 Challenge runs similar times to a 360 Challenge (yes, considering equal drivers which many aren't equal to Mark :)).

18. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Rob:

Yes, you've got the idea. The rules are set forth on the website. Most 360s and 430s have the GT aero kit. It's actually a massive improvement and makes the car much more stable and thus safer. Especially in places like Daytona where the 430s were turning into turn one at 175-180mph. 99% of the cars have these mods so it made sense to allow them in the rules. Also conversations like steel brakes for the 430 make sense to bring down costs. As for the real GT cars we will invite them and play it by ear in 2011.

Two points of great news. We are about to close a deal with one sponsor who has offered to supply every starting car with a new set of brake pads for the season. A great help. We are in final negotiations with another sponsor for naming rights which will bring in $50,000.00 in cash into the series. Remember 100% of this goes to benefit the drivers to directly reduce running costs.

My vision is to substantially reduce running costs by direct sponsorship.

19. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    The FCRA is proud to announce that the 2011 Championship will officially be known as the 2011 FCRA Universal Autoports Championship.

The FCRA has taken on Universal Autosports as the main sponsor for 2011. Universal Autosports has pledged $50,000.00 cash to the series, an amount which will go directly to the drivers.

Universal Autosports is a New York based exotic car sales, service and restoration dealer. They provide race team support, transportation, service and hospitality for the FCRA series for 348,355,360, and 430 Challenge cars. They have prices for full arrive and drive programs for the series.

If you do not have a support team for the series contact them at www.universalautosports.com

Please help me thank them.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    John, just confirming most dates are weekdays? Thanks.

21. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Dates are weekends

22. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Sorry, April race is Friday, of celebration event, watkins Glenn is 3-4, TBA will be on weekend. So most on weekends, or track day of a large Ferrari event like celebration or national event.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, half of them have race on weekend if Watkins Glenn is corrected. :)

24. johnhoughtaling

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    #24 johnhoughtaling, Oct 24, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
    The FCRA is proud to announce that the 2011 FCRA Universal Autosports Championship has gained a new and valuable sponsor: Taurino Racing. The company's principal, Andrea Taurino has long fielded cars for the Ferrari Challenge club races in Europe. He has now joined the FCRA effort in the US.

Taurino Racing, in conjunction with Capristo Exhaust, has agreed to supply each racer with a free set of brake pads for each 348/355/360, and 430. The only commitment necessary is that the receiver race a minimum of three FCRA Championship race events. At $800.-$1,000 in value each (and with over 45 drivers signed for the series) this represents a significant commitment to the series. As brakes are a major expense to running these cars, this sponsor contributes directly to cutting costs for challenge racers in the series. Each driver may pick up their free pads at the first race in April, along with a running commitment of three events.

Taurino Racing has also entered into a contract with Universal Autosport's race team and will provide technical and racing support to the Universal Autosports FCRA championship team effort. Both companies have made a substantial contribution to the FCRA drivers and which will reduce running costs.

If you do not have a support team contact Universal Autosports or Taurino Racing, www.taurinoracing.com

25. Capristo Exhaust USA

Capristo Exhaust USA Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 29, 2009
    Riviera Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Capristo Exhaust
    Greetings to all Ferrari Challenge Participants for the Universal Autosports FCRA Championship!

We, here at Taurino Racing/Capristo Exhausts, are proud to be sponsors and also supporters to the 2011 Universal Autosports FCRA Series. To begin, we'd like to share a little information about our company and where we're coming from. My name is Andrea Taurino. I have been involved in motorsports, on a national level, in South Africa since the early 1990s. Due to our success at a national level with our motorsport team ventures, and our Italian heritage, we were contracted to project a Ferrari Race Team, which was the first in South Africa. We knew that this would be a challenging venture as the Ferraris were not very reliable, or competitive for that matter. But, because of our strong Italian ties with the Ferrari developers and engineers, we were confident that with time we would develop the car to winning levels. This project was difficult in the beginning, but because of our dedication and passion for the brand, we were able to be successful in winning a National Championship in the 2nd year of development. The successes that we have had in the past can only be contributed to the research, development, and training that our technicians went through with our home base Ferrari Challenge Race Team in Italy (Malucelli Ferrari Race Team).

Our Ferrari Challenge team in Italy has been very successful in possibly having the most victories in the Ferrari Challenge World/National/European Series. For more info on the team, you can visit our website www.Malucelli.it

With all the efforts of our team members and technicians, we have been very successful in all aspects of the race preparation and setup of our Ferrari Challenge Race Cars. All products that we endorse and distribute have been race tested to exceed a driver's expectations on performance. From GT Aerodynamic Down-force Kits, which gives the vehicle a more firm road holding, Capristo Exhaust Systems, that improve low-down torque, to the Steel Brake Conversion Kit, to reduce costs; these all have been innovative products that have greatly added performance to the Ferrari Challenge Race Cars.

Last, but not least, this success has also been attributed to Taurino Racing's Master Race Technician, Johan, that has also relocated to the USA to assist further in this sport. Johan's contribution to the world of motorsports is vast, as he was contracted to Taurino Racing back in the early days, when I saw that he excelled in this field at a national level. He has been behind the scenes of major national motorsport companies that have clenched several championships. We believe that success comes from teamwork, and not individuals, therefor, when you have the best in the industry at different aspects, and you have them working together in their correct areas, you are sure to succeed.

Taurino Racing is still young in America, and has now joined forces with Universal Autosports to build a solid reputation in the world of Ferrari Racing. From advice, information, parts (new or used), we can better aid individuals wanting to excel in this sport. We also have the full capability of the Ferrari data acquisition to better serve our drivers.

We at Taurino Racing, in conjunction with Universal Autosports, are confident that all of our Challenge Cars perform well, and will be race ready for our customers. Each Challenge Car that we sell will come with a one year limited warranty, provided that it is race prepared by us.

In closing, we are very excited about the 2011 Universal Autosports FCRA Racing Championship Series. We look forward to the events, and to showing our support for the series.