2010 Ongoing Connecticut gathering | Page 37 | FerrariChat

2010 Ongoing Connecticut gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #901 Saint Bastage, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Barbie?...looks more like Lisa Marie or maybe Courtney Love....Jeez girl, have some self respect and buy a comb.

2. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    So my 430 is supposed to come home Monday 6th. I sent it to Miller thinking I might get something covered under warrantee (it expires the 10th). It turns out it was a bust so to speak. They replaced a part for the driver door latch (not under warrantee) and they could not reproduce the gear shifting issue I was experiencing. They did do a gearbox service for a nominal charge and the tech feels it the "best shifting 430 manual he's worked on"

At least I didn't miss "prime" driving season - but its a shame to have missed the last few weeks (11/16 to 12/6)

3. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    AHHHH ... back where she belongs! Whoever coined the phrase "absence make the heart grow fonder" most certainly must have been referring to their Ferrari :D

Fortunately no snow or sand /salt on the roads here right now so I got to take what was probably my last drive of the season?

4. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Peter - you really should have Rocco do something with the paint on that car:)

5. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    What ever happened to dinner at Joey Garlic's?

6. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    The interest was to great making the planning to intense. Last I knew nearly 60 people wanted to attend. Thats when I decided to step away. I'm to busy with the holidays and everything. Maybe Jan or Feb.,

7. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Could this simplify it?.....Pick a Sunday, who ever shows up forwards to a some what planned early lunch, instead of a major dinner including the better half.

Just a thought, any feed back?

8. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #908 gurslo, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
    If anyones interested, I'll be going to The Hungry Tiger in manchester to watch Jeff Pitchell and Texas Flood, Fri. 12-10, at 10pm. $10cover.

We'll(few friends)will probably get there a little early. It will be busy, most likely on your feet all night. Its just a guys night out that doesn't happen very often. Pitchell is supposed to be a great guitarist.

If anyones interested your all welcome to join.

9. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Lookin pretty ugly today here in Gbury. Figures...a Sunday I am actually around.

10. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    I tried to take my boat down to GBury yesterday. But it was raining so hard it filled up with water and sank!

11. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Scorpion bar friday night?

12. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hmmmm..... what to do? What is this Scorpion Bar you speak of? Sounds like a place of danger and intrigue. A hedonistic palace that zaps the moral fiber of mortal men. :D

I'm in! Call me later so we can figure out the how and when for traveling there.

--Mike

13. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #913 Saint Bastage, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
    You boys better find a designated driver!! I'll glad to be the designated excuse to the wife...just let me establish the alibi first.

14. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    weather is looking ok for Sunday morning....who's in for *maybe* the last Ferrari drive of 2010?? :D

15. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I'm ready. Maybe I can talk my son into taking the 308 so we can close the year out with both cars. That still leaves a last chance on the 26th. Then again 2011 starts in two weeks and we can start all over. No snow and clean roads... I'll be there!

16. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Extended forcast looks promissing at this point. 54% chance of snow Sun, Mon., 29% Tue. Wed., then clear through Sun. the 26th. If thats accurate we may have a great closing out to the year.
    Don't wheel the car into corner yet, then again, lets wait and see what the few days bring.

17. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    If the roads are clear, I'm game for a final 2010 run

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #918 Saint Bastage, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
    I've got Pats tickets and need to be preping for the cold wet evening. See you guys next year and on a new thread.

Have fun.

DJ Mikes band is playing tonight at Foxwoods Scorpion Bar. I'll be in attendance along with the Wife. A few other Gatherers are also comming. See youz there.

19. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    There is a ton of rock salt on the roads in Wethersfield from Monday's light snow. I washed the TR this week, waxed her, and put the electric blanket on her. She is done for 2010.

20. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    ah Joe it's dry salt, no problem!

21. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'll go in Projekt StreaMPG, but no coilovers, wheels, or body pieces yet. They are still on brown trucks. :(

22. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm in! Final run of 2010! Hope the roads are clear, think they will be!

--Mike

23. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
  24. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The Ferrari absolutely refuses to start this morning...I can only guess she's protesting me driving her around so much the past 2 days. I even tried starting the STi first, thinking she'd get jealous and eventually start. No such luck...so I'm taking the fast car today :D

25. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Weekend turned out quite differently than I thought....

Missed Foxwoods friday night AND this morning's coffee run.

On Friday when I got home, the kids already had in their head that we were going to see Bright Nights in Forest Park, Springfield. This morning, I had to deal with a completely embedded foreign body (earring clasp) in my daughter's ear lobe. Fortunately I was able to get it out and avoid an all day ER visit that was suggested when my wife called the Peds guy on call.