2009 Ongoing CT Gathering II | Page 46 | FerrariChat

2009 Ongoing CT Gathering II

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, May 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    But merry Christmas to all

2. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Almost forgot about this gem from last year, worth reposting since 'tis the season:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a gift card from Ricambi

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eight flags a-waving, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, nine turbos spinning, eight flags a-waving, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, ten Tubis roaring, nine turbos spinning, eight flags a-waving, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me, eleven horses prancing, ten Tubis roaring, nine turbos spinning, eight flags a-waving, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me, twelve TR pistons, eleven horses prancing, ten Tubis roaring, nine turbos spinning, eight flags a-waving, seven Scuds a-revving, six gears a-shifting, five Enzo keys, four Ferrari hats, three tool kits, two carbon seats and a gift card from Ricambi

A DrJess creation, pretty funny! :D

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #1128 Saint Bastage, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    Wow...Stress Stress Stress and no Ferrari to relieve the tension. Jay, I'm soooo jealous.

As I lift my egg nog, I will be thinking of you each in the hopes that you experience the Merriest of Christmas's and the Holiday season.

As for me, spring can't get here soon enough.

4. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    Merry Christmas to all. Have a safe and happy holiday.

5. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'd like to echo that sentiment to all my F chat friends!! Also, spring cannot come soon enough!!

6. CustomFerrari

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Happy Christmas And A Merry New Year,

and yet i can not agree spring come quicker i may die of snow

7. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    It's 8:20 AM and the rain has stopped, and it's 47 degrees. Radar shows it has moved past us and the breeze should dry the roads out soon. I'm TEMPTED to make the trip in the TR, but will wait until 9 to 9:30 to commit.
    WHO'S UP TO THE CHALLENGE!!!!!!

8. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Still raining down here but I'll come in the DD to see you guys.

9. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry guys. I'm out in western NJ near PA border at my folks still. I would have liked to be there for the last Sunday of 09.

:(

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hmmm....roads are still soaked here. As Kramer famously once said, 'I'm Out!'

But I will make the drive in the fast car :D

11. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    I will be there by 9:30

12. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    After an extended seperation I've finally found my way back home. Nice to see you all again.

13. CustomFerrari

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    Aaw did I miss it wouldve been nice to be around the "guys" again cars would make a nice vid too

14. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Nice turnout for an "iffy" weather day. Looks like Porche gets the last one standing award for 2009. Unfortunately it started to rain and fog rolled in just as I was getting ready to leave so I had to take the DD. However I did get both of mine out for a good run this afternnon and satisfied the itch. Still, it was a good chance to get out of the house and talk Ferrari's as well as some BS added in for good measure.
    All in all I think we all agree that 2009 was a great year for the group. And I look forward to an even better 2010.
    We've got a good group who enjoy their cars and keep it all in perspective.
    Just have to watch out for the upper crust from Essex.... But seriously, Lane has done a great job of building the group and deserves a lot of credit for it's success.

Wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Ha ha....Me....me...upper crust...Hahahaha. Maybe if the taco is laying on its side.

its the burping and farting they hate. Not to mention scratching my...uh...

16. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry I missed you guys today. I, like Frank, was in north-western NJ at my folks house until this afternoon. I had the TR at the ready if we decided to come home last night.

The TR is supposed to go in tomorrow morning to get its new front tires mounted and balanced, but the forecast is for snow so it looks like I'll be pulling them off in the morning and tossing them in the back of the Jeep to run them over and get them installed. I will definitely have her out later in the week for a test ride to see if that solved the vibration issue. If not, I am going to have a lot more gray hairs the next time you see me.

Happy Holidays everyone. Looking forward to a great 2010... can't wait for clean dry roads and some nice warm spring air.

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey Phil, good to hear...got mine out today too :D But...ended the year with a check engine light :( Seems like a bypass valve code, something to work on over the winter ;)

18. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Kinda sad to see 09 winding down to a close being this was the best "car year" of my life.

19. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Ya.But hopefully winter of 2010 won't last until freekin mid June like it did last year so we can have a little longer season. I plan to make far more gatherings especially now that I have moved to Gbury.

20. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I hear ya man. Its been a great year. I can't wait to the AVF run in 2010. The only good thing about the winter is for those of us with "old" Ferrari's, it gives us a chance to make some much needed repairs. I am sitting here at Capozzi's as I write this getting the new front tires installed on the TR.

21. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter

How did you make out with the vibration, was it a tire problem?

22. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for asking. The tires appear to be the problem. I only replaced the fronts today, but that helped tremendously. I took it out for a good test run on 91 and the car is almost vibration free. I am planning to bring the rears over to them tomorrow (if I am feeling better... nast sore throat right now) and I think that will take car of any remaining vibration (vibration is no longer coming through the steering wheel, but can feel it through the body of the car).

I also just ordered a set of Tire Cradles for the TR to prevent the flatspotting from happening again.

23. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I want to wish a Happy New Year to all my NE Fchat friends!

Is St Bastage going to close out this thread tonight and start a 2010 Ongoing CT Gathering?

24. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Yup

25. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I think he's busy working on his car. He said he was planning on doing some alchohol injection.

Happy New Year everyone!