2009 Ongoing CT Gathering II | FerrariChat

2009 Ongoing CT Gathering II

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, May 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #1 Saint Bastage, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Every Sunday art some point between 8:00am and 12:00pm a group of 2 wheel and 4 wheel sporting enthusiasts meet at the Starbucks in Glastonbury Connecticut to shoot the breeze, plan trips, tours, cruises, trade secrets, advise, and generally say hello. We have grown from a meager begining to an average of 15 cars, 15 bikes. On occasion our numbers have exceeded 30 cars and 20 bikes. The 2009 season promises to bring even more growth. The original Gathering spot was the Starbucks in Rocky Hill. We out grew that location and moved to Glastonbury for their larger, more secure lot. Other amenities are available as well makeing this new location better in many ways.

http://theshopsatsomersetsquare.com/

Please note that we are a group of friends that appreciate and respect each other and the machines we adore. In addition, we respect the venue we meet in. Expect a very low tolerance for silly actions in and around or gathering. That being said, please feel free to stop in. Invitations are not required as ALL are welcome.

Heading East from Hartford
    Take 84 East to 2 East. Get off on exit 6 (Griswold St.). Make a right at the light at the end of the ramp. Go through the next light (Main St., Gulf station on the left, McDonalds on the right). Somerset Square is 3/4 of the block down on the left.

Heading West from Norwich
    Take Rt. 2 West to exit 5D (Main St./Glastonbury, Rt3). The exit will take you to Rt3. Stay in the right lane. Main St. is the first exit off Rt. 3. At the end of the ramp make a right at light onto Main St. At the next light make a right onto Glastonbury Blvd. Somerset Square is 3/4 of a block on the left.

Heading South from Northern CT and MA
    Take 91 South to exit 25N (Glastonbury). The ramp leads you directly onto Rt3 (Putnam Bridge). Take the first exit over the bridge (Main St.). Somerset Square is directly in front of you at the light at the end of the ramp.

Heading North From New Haven
    Take 91 North to exit 25/26 (Glastonbury). The ramp leads you onto Rt3 (Putnam Bridge). Take the first exit over the bridge (Main St.). Somerset Square is directly in front of you at the light at the end of the ramp
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks for posting the details, Lane. This is a much nicer meeting spot, IMO, with plenty of room for our cars and bikes. And we've already been given a warm welcome by the local police there as well as the management of the Starbucks.:cool:

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #3 UConn Husky, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanx Jay. I am especially fond of the 2nd pix.

5. cornercompacts

cornercompacts Karting
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    perfect location....right next to my office!!!!

6. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    Anyone ever throw the idea around of having a Fairfield County version of a gathering? As I am sure all of you with similar commitments (little league, lawn work) realize, proximity is the key here...that being said, still seeking on making it up some (non hectic) weekend.

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #7 Saint Bastage, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
    The original concept included a weekly rotation of venue providing a diversity of driving entertainment. Each "member" was going to put together a cruise route in their local area. The thought dried up as we realized the difficulties in developing the routes, communicating with attendee's, and finding the time. The central location idea won the day.

I would still love to experience some other area's and so would many of the gang. If your game, put together a cruise we can all consider for some nice afternoon. Hint...not to deep in Fairfield...some may be coming from MA and RI. Maybe Trumbull, Monroe, Newtown

8. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    You wouldn't happen to be an attourney specializing in traffic tickets...would you? Even if your not, and even if it sucks going to the office on your day off, come join the fun

9. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    A little late with this note, but thanks to Peter and everyone who helped with my TR non-start on Sunday. The solenoid "tap" did the trick.
    I took Peters advice and last night pulled the starter and cleaned the solenoid. The piston was a little dirty and the bronze sleeve as well had some buildup. A little 500 grit paper and they both polished up nicely. The next time I get it good and hot, we'll see if that fixed it. Did also notice that one of the mounting bolts on the starter was stripped and not grabbing much, so looks like I'll have to pick up a reman soon. Did find that NAPA has 17 (Bosch SR488X) for about $480 less core charge in stock in Atlanta. It fits 328's, Mondials and TR's. Ricambi is $1500+ new. Wonder what Ferrari gets!
    Thanks again for the help and concern. See you next week.
    Phil

10. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Glad too see you worked it out Phil. Is that the original starter? I hope the weather is good for this coming Sunday and the wife lets me go on Mother's day ;).

--Mike

11. slice

slice Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2008
    Connecticut, US
    Totally agree, in fact many feel the folks down here in Southern Fairfield County have their true ties to NY and not CT...the FCA/NER holds a majority of their events hours from my home (with the exception of the October Festa di Ferrari in Stamford), I was originally tempted to join the Empire State Region.

Let me poke around with some ideas and if anyone else is "down here", I'd appreciate input.

Thank you

12. cornercompacts

cornercompacts Karting
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2005
    CT
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    haha i wish i could help you out with the ticket unfortunately i'm a stockbroker

there is nothing in the world that can entice me to come to the office on my day off more than fcar's!!

13. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I cannot believe that someone would ticket a SAINT.

14. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #14 Saint Bastage, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
    No tickets...just planning ahead.

Also..They don't ticket the Saint, Its the bastage that pisses em off. Funny, I thought they'd enjoy donut jokes.

15. oldchop

oldchop Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

16. Comprador

Comprador Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Boston MA
    Full Name:
    Craig

17. oldchop

oldchop Rookie

Jan 1, 2009
    Comprador, sounds great, anybody else interested and we can move towards a date to meet on a sunday morning? Comprador- send me a PM and we can coordinate. Thanks.

18. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Hi folks, fellow European automotive enthusiast here. I've been told you welcome everyone to your weekly Sunday meets. I'm curious if my wife and I would be welcomed in our M3 convertible. We're from Feeding Hills MA (just west of Springfield) and looking for a meet in the area with mature enthusiasts who enjoy great cars. While I'm unsure of the demographics of local Ferrari owners, we are in our late 30's and well past the donuts and burnout stage of our youths. Looking forward to your replies.

- Eric

19. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Come on down, Eric. We would love to see the M3.

20. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #20 Saint Bastage, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    + 1...Our new location has lots of space. Love the M3 and actually thinking about one to replace the DD when its time comes. You might want to hook up with some of our northern friends for the ride although I understand they have very heavy feet.

21. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey Phil Vecc. Is Fast lane referring to you?

22. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh, then this isn't the meet for you. We prefer burnouts, and like to end the meets with a figure 8 demolition derby. :D

23. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The car with the most different color paint from other cars on it's fender wins! ;)

--Mike

24. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Joe- Lane can't be referring to me. I keep all four on the pavement and don't smoke. Well, maybe I do push the envelope once in a while. Like all horses they need a good run now and then.

Eric- I live in Longmeadow and take the TR to most of the gatherings. Work in Agawam. If you're interested maybe we can caravan down some Sunday. I also found two more 308's interested in attending. This Sunday, being Mother's Day, I may not make it, but keep in touch. It's a good group that enjoys cars and respect for other's toys as much as their own.

25. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #25 Saint Bastage, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    Ohh nooo...you missunderstand...I mean't a heavy BRAKE foot. None of us actually exceed the posted speed limit....ever.

I wish you all could (tehehe) see how (tehe) straight my face is.

crap....my nose is growing