2009 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 8 | FerrariChat

2009 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    Thank you for posting this...

Most will recognize that was my bike...almost knocked my helmet off when the door opened...

I think he may have been one of the drivers in this youtube video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygtBxhFc24A&e

2. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Oh my God that music is horrible.

Maybe this weekend I will make it out with my Infiniti.

3. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #178 myslow1, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
    Jessica,

I debated about posting it because I didn't want it to seem to everyone that we were a bunch of snobs or something. But that was just so not cool and I could tell you weren't the only one that was uncomfortable with it. As I always say: Oops is too late, when it comes to damaging someones pride and joy, especially when it is inexcusable like that. What got my attention was the speed at which he came flying in and nearly hitting your bike. Then he decides to back in right next to your bike before swinging his door wide open. Made me nervous for you. :eek:

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I also debated my response to your post and continue to do so. I am in agreement with the sentiment. I certainly hope knowone takes the issue as a personal attack but you are correct in your concern...there is no reason to be that cavallier around the pride and joy of others. I also noticed a few cars mixing themselves in the exotic line and a few kids running around in somewhat dangerous places. Keeping in mind that 1 million dollars (or more) worth of cars is common in this gathering, we may need to consider cones or other traffic devises along with other security measures. As you so clearly state "oops" isn't going to get it.

The long term concern...are we starting to draw the wrong passerby crowd? Perhaps we should start inviting those passing police in for a free coffee.

Lane

5. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm right there with you Lane. I was a little nervous about the cars pulling in and out around the cars. One guy came very close to the front end of my 348 and he was driving with a kid on his lap. It is a public place so I can see the problem getting much bigger as more bikes and exotics show up. I like the Police idea, keeps people on good behavior.

--Mike

6. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    I am still pretty upset about this...And yes, I was very very nervous!!! I love my bike...may be just a hunk of metal and parts on 2 wheels to some, but that is my baby...

I am a very laid back and easy going person as you know...but when you fly into a lot like that, with kids and adults walking around and all our bikes and cars, it isn't a gentle request to be cautious, to go slow, and to be mindful of the people, bikes and cars, it is a requirement...

And the kid on the lap driving?? That is NOT the place for something like that...again, not only around our cars and bikes, but that lot is a public lot...I do not want us to be kicked out because of a few negligent people who are risking unnecessary damage to our precious possessions as well as potentially hurting people...

This is most certainly not a personal attack on any particular individual...but yes, as our meets become bigger with more cars and bikes, it is imperative that everyone who attends, whether they have an exotic, a bike, or not, be mindful and respectful of their surroundings...again, it is not a request, but a requirement so everyone has fun and stays safe...

Perhaps some police presence could be helpful

J

7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #182 Joe_CT, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I agree with all the posts from yesterday. This past Sunday was most disturbing and I am not sure which move made me more uncomfortable, the White Audi flying in and almost hitting Jess's bike or the kid on the lap driving the SUV and getting real close to Mike's 348... completely inexcusable.

On a lighter note, I am excited to report that I put a deposit on the '86 Single Mirror TR. I hope to be able to take delivery on Saturday so I can bring it out on Sunday (fingers crossed) and the weather cooperates. It is a nice addition to the 308. I snapped a couple of Pics while it was sitting in my driveway.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Joe, congrats!!!! Glad you found one...we'll save you two parking spaces for that widebody :))

As for the Sunday Ferrari meets...that's too bad what happened last week. The Starbucks location is great, nice open lot, central location that's easy to get to, plus ice coffee and facilities :D But it's been drifting this way for a while as word spread...it's amazing that some people think driving fast in a PARKING LOT is impressive. It's not. If you feel the need to drive fast in a parking lot please refer to:

www.cartct.com

Let's get some ideas for new locations...I suggest PM only to Lane, myself and other owners.

9. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely Beautiful Joe! Congrats. I can't wait to see it. My offer still stands if you need someone close by to help you do any service work on the Testarossa. See you Saturday and Sunday I hope.

--Mike

10. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I thought you said she needed some work...looks fine to me.

Congrats and happy motoring

11. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah. I guess Lane and I will have to take it out on a test drive just too make sure everything is O.K. ;)

--Mike

12. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Joe,
    Looks like a great deal... At this rate we'll have more TR's than 355's at the Sunday gatherings.
    Good Luck with it and we'll see you there.

13. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Congrats Jim,

Love those early Tr's!!

14. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    Congrats Joe!!!

15. Comprador

Comprador Karting

Feb 4, 2009
    Boston MA
    Full Name:
    Craig
    is anyone going to the F40 Motorsports open house on Sat am? Was thinking about driving up.

16. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll be there with the 348 around 10-10:30 a.m. Cleaning it now.

--Mike

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm planning on going too, depending on weather...

18. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm hoping too but they are supposed to be delivering the new TR in the AM, but not sure what time yet. I am tentative.

19. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Phil. BTW... I sent you a PM... was looking for the name of your technician in MA. The TR will need a major right away. I wanted to reach out to your guy for a quote as you had lots of good things to say about him.

20. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Joe, My buddy Tom, Ed (AVFPOLO), and I all use PHILVECC's tech. He is really awesome. Very reasonable rates, which is truly hard to find. If you need his info before Phil gets back to you, let me know. Joe S.

21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Joe. No rush, but it would be great if you could PM me the information. Thanks, Joe

22. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    PM is on the way.

23. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You bring the beer, I'll bring the wrenches, that engine will be out in no time ;)

24. DucatiMichael

DucatiMichael Rookie

Nov 10, 2008
    hey all, just checking in to see if folks are planning on being around on Sunday assuming that the weather cooperates.

And it figured that Jess finally got her ride out and I wasnt there to see it! I was busy getting my ass kicked by the Mr. Miagi of motorcycles...was sore for 3 days.

Anyway, hope to see you all on Sunday!

25. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Looking at some new locations on tap for this sunday...rain or shine...Most expect the worst and are bringing the daily's