2009 NC Ferrari Enthusiast Schedule (FCA, TIME, CAFE, etc)! | FerrariChat

2009 NC Ferrari Enthusiast Schedule (FCA, TIME, CAFE, etc)!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, Jan 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hi everyone! For those of you longing for more Ferrari events, I present to you the following event schedule that we North Carolina Ferrari Enthusiasts can look forward to for 2009. It includes FCA events as well as TIME (Triangle Italian Motoring Enthusiasts), CAFE (Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts), and a few other events of interest.

Although this is coming from FCA, we know that everyone would rather see one comprehensive schedule that includes all the events in our area that we're aware of, regardless of who the organizers are. Events below will indicate which group they're affiliated with...some events are bigger events out of our area that you may want to consider attending.

-FCA events will typically be RSVP events that we'll need to register for when they come up. Specific info will come forth as events near. Members will receive email reminders to register.
    -TIME events are held around 9am at Brier Creek Commons in NW Raleigh unless otherwise noted and won't require RSVP unless otherwise noted. See other posts for more info.
    -CAFE events are held at North Lake Mall (near Panera) in N. Charlotte unless otherwise noted and won't require RSVP unless otherwise noted. See other posts for more info.

JANUARY
    - January 21-25 - Cavallino Classic, Palm Beach, FL (It's probably too late if you haven't made plans but please consider it for next year!)

FEBRUARY
    - February 7 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee at Brier Creek Commons (Raleigh)
    - February 7 - CAFE Cars & Coffee at North Lake Mall (Charlotte).
    - February 16th 6pm - FCA Enzo's Birthday at 518 West in Raleigh.
    - February 28th 10am - FCA Club Rally to the Childress Vineyards.**Meet*at*FCI at 10am and cruise up from there.

MARCH
    - March 7 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee
    - March 9th - FCA Track Day at VIR, Full Course!
    - March 13-15 - Motor Trend Richmond Auto Show
    - March 15th - FCA Go Expo Auto Show in Greenville, NC. Meet @Baileys Fine Jewelry for appetizers & wine as well as special FCA parking, & free entry into the Expo.
    - March 22nd - FCA Cars and Castles - It's April and Ronnie Rumple's wedding at the Castle McCulloch in High Point.* All FCA members are welcome to attend.
    - March 28th - CAFE event: Motori Italiani, Charlotte. Look for other threads for info.
    - March 29th - FCA F1 Viewing at Lamborghini of the Carolinas, breakfast will be provided, rally to Pilot Mountain.*

APRIL
    - April 4 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee
    - April 17-19 - Ferrari Challenge at Road Atlanta
    - April 17-19 - Celebration Exotic Car Festival, Celebration, FL (near Orlando); See www. celebrationexoticcars.com for more info.
    - April 25th* - FCA BBQ and Blues at The Bentley in Kinston, NC, dinner and live music on the lawn. New event, more details to come. See www.bentleybedandbreakfast.com to see the venue.
    - April 26th - Rolex Grand Am at VIR

MAY
    - May 2 - Triangle Italians, Cars & Coffee followed by Shop Tour/Track Prep at Apex Vintage in NW Raleigh
    - May 15-17 - FCA VIR Track Weekend on the South Course
    - May 29-June 1 - FCA Grove Park Inn Weekend - Golf, Silent Auction, dinner at Biltmore House. We are also planning a terrific dinner event at the great mountain retreat of one of our generous FCA members 25 minutes from Asheville. More details to come, don't miss it! This is not the Ferrari Cup Challenge which has moved to November for '09.

JUNE
    - June 6 - Triangle Italians, Cars & Coffee followed by drive to VIR for Heacock Gold Cup Historic Races
    - June 13-14 - FCA Banner Elk Rally at the Lodges at Eagles Nest.
    - June 21st - Memphis Auto Show FCA members welcome to attend.

JULY
    - July 4 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee
    - July 4-5th - FCA Fireworks in Wilmington at the USS North Carolina. More details to come, New event.

** July 29-August 2 - FCA National Meet, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin; Road America. See FCA National site for info.

AUGUST
    - August 7-9th - FCA Summer Getaway Trip to Beaufort, NC. Also planning a BBQ lunch in Kinston, NC en route on 8/7. Search archives for pics from last year.
    - August 8 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee (unless we get all you guys to join us in Beaufort!)
    - August 30th - FCA F1 Viewing at FCI in Charlotte, drive to Carowinds.

SEPTEMBER
    - September 5 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee
    - September 3-6 - Art of Ferrari, Corning and Watkins Glen, NY. Great event!! See www.artofferrari.org for more info.
    - September 19-20 - FCA Classic on the James Car Show and horse race in Richmond, VA.
    - September 25-26 - CAFE Club at Morrison.

OCTOBER
    - October 3 - Triangle Italians, Driving Event--To be determined
    - October 18th - FCA F1 Viewing and Budweiser Tour at FCI in Greensboro
    - October 29th - FCA Track Day at VIR - Full Course
    - October 29-November 1 - Hilton Head Island Concourse

NOVEMBER
    - November 6-8 - 3rd annual Ferrari Cup Challenge @ Grove Park Inn, Asheville. Don't let your spouses miss the very first Christmas tour The Biltmore will be giving in '09! This is a terrific charitable event, formerly held in May. See www.ferraricup.net for more info.
    - November 7 - Triangle Italians Cars & Coffee
    - November 13-15 - FCA Blue Jeans and Blue Grass Oyster Festival in Camden, SC, dinner at the Marion Dupont Scott House, and the Colonial Cup horse races.

DECEMBER
    - December 5 - Triangle Italians, Cars & Coffee followed by Durham Rescue Mission Toy Drive
    - December 12th - FCA Christmas Party at the Proximity Hotel, Greensboro. This was a great venue in 2008!

Please note that this schedule is a work in process. Please PM me if you have events to add! I realize I may not have all of CAFE's events included yet...

One last thing...I would encourage all of you to join FCA if you haven't already done so. We have a lot of great events this year, many of them new, and we'd love your participation. The FCA-NC is truly a great group and you won't regret joining and getting involved.

If you have not received an email from FCA with an invitation for the 2/16 Enzo's Birthday dinner in Raleigh, we need you to join the club and register for the event!

In case you didn't notice, we're trying to get you to DRIVE your cars this year.

Sites of note:

FCA National: www.ferrariclubofamerica.org
    FCA-Southeast: www.fca-se.com
    FCA-NC: www.fca-nc.com
    TIME: http://triangle-italiancars.blogspot.com/
    Cavallino Classic: http://www.cavallino.com/classic.htm
    Celebration Exotic Car Festival: www.celebrationexoticcars.com
    Art of Ferrari: www.artofferrari.org
    Ferrari Cup Challenge: www.ferraricup.net

I'll try to get this post made a sticky for easy navigation all year...

Look forward to seeing you all at the next event!

2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Marc
    That was a lot of work!
    See you at Cavallino
    John E

3. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    A little bit of effort but it touched several hands so I won't take credit. Just hope people decide to come :)

Should see you Thursday in a warmer climate...

4. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    nice! didn't see Petit Le Mans listed though!

5. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Thanks Marc for getting this posted... Now, if we can just get people to attend!!! We want 2009 to be a great year for everyone and I hope we can get a lot of things going for this year! PS... The Cavallino was AWESOME!!!

Hank

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Marc...just one slight correction, the Triangle Italians group in September will be organizing a fall foliage drive to a local (local to Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) winery for some wine tasting and lunch. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears. I'll be doing my research as well.

Thank you for posting the calendar of events...that was a lot of work! Missed you and Whitney today.

7. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Yeah, sorry we couldn't be there. I was out in the bayou checking out gators all day with some Cajuns :) Unfortunately we'll be out of town for the March, April, and May get togethers too...

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Are you and Whitney signing up for Todd's October drive to Edenton? I told Todd to add Michelle and I to the list...we've been wanting to get to the coast ever since we moved here and this will should be a great time to do it. Michelle and the kids will be our chase vehicle (minivan).

9. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Yes, we plan to attend the Edenton event...and funny you should mentioned it but there will be at least 2 support vehicles in addition to yours by then. Haha

Btw, if y'all are wanting to go to the "coast", the FCA beach trip is early August. The Beaufort/Morehead City/Atlantic Beach area is truly coastal while Edenton is a quaint town on a waterway.

10. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Marc, can we have our informal gathering in Lynchburg VA June 27-28 added to the list? I will send an email to Ronnie and Hank with details. I know we are not technically in your region, but functionally I do many more events with the Greensboro/W-S area than in the DC area.

11. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.

Hey, I've asked the moderator to make my original post editable so I'll gladly do so if I can...

12. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    All...just spoke to Cecil Boyd. In lieu of touring Apex Vintage in May, we will be touring the shop on Saturday, April 4th. For those that have not been, this is a great tour. Apex Vintage has expanded the size of thier shop and there are always some amazing and pretty rare cars / race cars being worked on.

I'll be posting as soon as we complete our May "Cars-n-Coffee" gathering.

13. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    On the Ferrari Club of America website there is a listing for a fall track day on 10/29/9 and 11/29/9. What day is it?

Thanks,

Ken

14. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    As far as I know, 10/29 is our reserved track day. The 11/29 may be the Mid-Atlantic region's event, I'm not sure. If that's true, that would mean we could all attend just the same, but they would be the hosts. I'll post again if I learn something one way or the other.

15. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Thanks,

I thought that is was an error. It would be great to have another day there.

ken

16. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #16 ProCoach, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
    VIR track schedule lists 10/29 for FCA-NC. VIR MCC has the full course 11/29.

17. eastcarolinaferrariguy

Dec 12, 2008
    New Bern, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Peters
    The FCA-NC VIR Track Day is 10/29.

18. Rbtrader

Rbtrader Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Rich Becherer
    I saw the June Banner Elk event on the schedule, but I cannot find anything on the FCA or NC Chapter websites. Does anyone have any additional information?

19. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    Wasn't there an event being planned at the Grove Park in June, with a party being hosted by an FCA member that lives in the Asheville area? I don't see it on the calander. Is the Banner Elk rally the same event?

20. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    David, great timing...an update on all this is likely today or tomorrow.

They were 2 separate events...5/29-31 at GPI and Banner Elk 6/13-14.

Will post shortly with the update.

21. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    Is the GPI event the same time as the Highland Wine event. Just got an email on that one.

22. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    #22 marcmc8867, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  23. ferrari1978

ferrari1978 Guest

Aug 25, 2008
    #23 ferrari1978, May 23, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  24. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Why don't I see VIR on the MVP schedule?

25. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Is there an updated 2010 car event calendar posted anywhere? Particularly for all the car events, tours, etc. happening in western NC.