Sold - 2009 F430 for sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 2009 F430 for sale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Dan benitez, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

:rolleyes:

2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    06 and 09 can't be equally considered.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    The market disagrees with that.

BOKE and DocPaulo like this.
  4. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I would not touch 05 or 06.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #55 ttforcefed, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    You are not the market- if u were there wld be a material spread between the model years.

adc, TroyNVie and BOKE like this.
  6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I'm in the market and have been watching the thread via alerts. This is a lovely example and probably one of the best F430's listed for sale on F-chat the last three months. It isn't the car for me, but I am interested in where it goes.

The important changes happened in 2006 and 2008 model years, with 2006 being largely mechanical and more minor in 2008 outside of the MKII exhaust manifolds which could have been as much placebo as confirmation of finding fine filings over time causing accelerated cam, valve, and bore wear. You will see this kind of wear long before you see a chunk big enough to get sucked in to bend valves and rods. Moot point on the manifolds if you hollow them with new brackets (what causes stress cracking along with heat cycles) or buy aftermarket.

I will gladly take a 2006 over a 2008-2009 simply based on color and condition instead of phobia and wanting the last model year.

BOKE, VAF84, mathewr and 1 other person like this.
  7. DocPaulo

DocPaulo Rookie

Oct 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    ROMMEL MESOLA
    A fabspeed manifold for 4k takes care of that major concern...

That said ive seen some 09s just under 100k and some 07s sell a above 90k.

The market is quite fluid

8. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    I would buy this car, but my last two cars were similar in color! The interior is stunning.

I have been closely watching F430's for a while (coupes in particular) and they all still seem to be for sale. Watching them and seeing almost none sell is making me rethink how much I will spend for one.

alum04org likes this.
  9. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Recently, a 2009 Grigio Nurburgring and Beige F1 berlinetta was traded in to a McLaren dealership and it had 30K miles priced at $85.9K. It was gone in a week, maybe less. They probably took it on for $78-80K in trade and flipped it fast. If I recall correctly, it was a single or two owner car that had been maintained as much as the carfax linked by the dealer showed. I was tempted. Maybe we take this to the 360/430 section? :)

mathewr and DocPaulo like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i see a silver car that traded at the riverside auction on 10/3/19 with 35,928 miles for $77k. the car was rated a 3.6 out of 5. selling a car can be much like selling a house. if you overprice it when its first listed it might sit for a long time and the incremental reductions cause more damage. this car shld have been listed at 115K. if it were 1 or 2 owner with 5k miles maybe the original ask cld have been justified.

it is a beautiful car. someone shld take it at this level.

BOKE, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have an 05 and its been great

VAF84, mathewr and FSM348 like this.
  12. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I agree, had an 05 and was terrific!

mathewr, FSM348 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  13. aatk

aatk Rookie

Nov 24, 2017
    There was an early one for sale in Spring Valley recently.
    The black one for those that were following them.
    Low miles but had a years warranty, all the stickys were off to be sent out to be fixed when I saw it the second time, and it had had some clutch work.
    Ask was 96 and it sold fairly quickly.

I’m thinking the mental boundary of seeing a 1 on the front is making people think twice here given how soft the market for exotics is getting. The preceding pricing posts aren’t changing my mind.

Ymmv - it’s a pretty car, that’s all just my opinion.
    GLWS.

14. Dan benitez

Dan benitez Karting

Feb 20, 2019
    Rancho cucamonga
    Full Name:
    Dan benitez
    Bump. Last price drop. Dealer is offering $100k as a trade in. I’m offering to a chat member first.
    Don’t miss out. Once the dealer gets there hands on this they will mark it up.

DocPaulo likes this.
  15. Rustyscrew

Rustyscrew Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Brower
    This has got to sell at this price. Just too beautiful of a car not to.

DocPaulo likes this.
  16. Dan benitez

Dan benitez Karting

Feb 20, 2019
    Rancho cucamonga
    Full Name:
    Dan benitez
    Bump
    Anyone at $95k
    So much car for the money. Can’t believe it’s been sitting this long.

17. DocPaulo

DocPaulo Rookie

Oct 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    ROMMEL MESOLA
    Man its a very nice car... last month i probably would've jumped at it.. gotta sort some stuff out

18. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Great price! The interior is stunning. Not a color I am looking for outside but the Interior is so pretty I gave it some thought. Hope you sell it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. Dan benitez

Dan benitez Karting

Feb 20, 2019
    Rancho cucamonga
    Full Name:
    Dan benitez
  20. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I can’t believe this hasn’t moved. Couldn’t you get that much on a trade-in?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. Dan benitez

Dan benitez Karting

Feb 20, 2019
    Rancho cucamonga
    Full Name:
    Dan benitez
    Yes I can get 100k for a “trade in” towards another car but they won’t just purchase outright

Im pretty much at wholesale for this year, spec, and mileage. The sticker was $232k!!!

Jrodela06 and arizonaitalian like this.
  22. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Damn. It’s a great spec and I hope the right buyer comes along. Awesome deal for a late model F430.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Dan, I love your car buddy. Sad that it has to be offered at wholesale pricing.

24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'll pile on with my two cents as well....I'm stunned this car has not yet sold, I guess the market is softer than I thought. I hope the OP has it listed elsewhere, cause this site probably doesn't get that many potential buyers. I have shared the link to a few friends (trying to do my part) as I love the color and options, and truly believe this car is a great value. Last year, low miles, great color and options. But I admit color is personal and many want red. Good luck with the sale...I'm going to remind a buddy to take another look right now! ;)

Tarek307 likes this.
  25. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I told the OP i maybe interested at around a 100 2 months ago (i still wasn't even sure i'd want this car) and he said "it wasn't the car for me" , thankfully he did that though because i bought a 458 2 weeks later, i've also shared the car with a few friends, and people looking for an F-car, but seems the F430 is getting lost between the 360 and the 458 somewhere. What effected this car is the starting price, too high, car gets stale on the market and then people just shy from it even as price gets lowered because its been for sale for so long..the "stale effect" Thats why when selling a car i always seriously consider the first serious reasonable solid no BS buyer even if their offer was a little bit shy of what i wanted.

flat_plane_eddie and f355spider like this.