2009 events | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2009 events

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by J. Salmon, Jan 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    The 13th looks good to me too. I would love to be an attendee vs. a planner :)

2. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I suggest you guys check out Rte 32 near Crosby TN. It's 30-45 min from Waynesville NC. The Road is curvy as hell , with not a soul in sight at all and stradles the Great Smokey Mtn National Park. Once the road hits the state line of NC it turns into a gravel dirt road but there is a big turnaround spot. It's newly paved and did I mention it's curvy as hell? I know The Dragon, and The Snake (421) is really curvy but this road is right up there with them. I might have another person that might be interested in coming down with you guys to the meet (if it's ok?). He owns a Black on Black Lambo Gallardo and lives in the East TN area. Ken, Robert you might have heard or seen the car before.

3. FerrariBob

FerrariBob Karting

Jun 25, 2002
    Hi John!

I just stumbled on your post and wanted to tell you how jealous I am! :D. Makes me want to move back to NC! It sounds like you are really enjoying yourself up there. Will you be coming down for Cavallino in 2weeks? Let me know, it would be great to see you...

Bob :D

PS. For anyone who is considering John's invite, you will NOT be disappointed! John and his wife are PHENOMINAL hosts and truly wonderful people!!!

4. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    If we're talking about the same person, and I'd bet a fair amount that we are, I'm very familiar with the car and the guy - he's my law partner LOL. I see that car in our parking lot a couple times a week. He lives up in Kingsport.

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Bob

Great to hear from, you - have not had one of our great conversations in a long time - thanks for the vote of confidence - we will be at the Cavallino but don't think we wii be arriving until Friday morning - will be staying at the Breakers - where will you be? See you then - we are free Friday nite if you want to get together - we will be back in the Keys next Sunday -
    PS
    Andam Andretti and I have a non winged sprint car team this year - obviously he is driving - 850 hp and only weighs 1200 lbs

6. FerrariBob

FerrariBob Karting

Jun 25, 2002
    My sister lives in Kingsport and I have a good friend who's an attorney there too.

7. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    If you need to change dates to increase attendance I have a flexible schedule.

With all the cars in NE TN we should go driving in the mountains on a regular basis.

ken

8. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Is Bermuda Run Rally a go for '09?

9. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Yep, that's him !! I just met him not too long ago at a Photoshoot when I heading to the house from Pal's Fast Food.

10. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    On the few occasions when we happen to have our rides at work on the same day, you oughta see some of the looks on the Bank customer's faces when they pull in. A red Ferrari 328 on one side of the parking lot. A black Lambo on the other. That's quite a sight for upper East TN when you think about it.

11. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I looks like 7 people so far are interested in coming to the mountains in June, probably the 13th. To get a prospective on location:

I am located 8 miles south of the Canton exit on I 40
    Locates 30 min weat of Ashville
    Located 30 min west of Ashville Airport on I26
    Located 2 1/2 hrs west of Charoltte
    Located 1 1/2 hrs from Greenville on I12, I40
    Located 3 hrs from Columbia
    Located 8 miles east of Waynesville
    I am just off Lake Logan Rd or US 215 - if you get off the Blue Ridge, you come north on 215 for about 8 miles.

For housing, of course you have all the spots in Ashville but Waynesville is only 8 miles away and is very friendly, safe, and a great little mountain town. There is a small motel(Oak Park Inn) right on main st where you can easily walk all over town - restuarants, shopping etc.

Lets plan on the weeklend of June 13 - please let any other Ferrari owners know about the event. I will let my Florida Ferrari owner friends know so I will pick up a few more people who have houses in the mountains -I will also be at Cavallino next week

Why don't we call the event "June in the Mountains" so we can have a handle on it. If you are coming or have questions trying to decide, why don't you email me directly so I can set up a lists rather then going thru these postings over and over - my address is [email protected]

Take care - see you in the mountains

John E

12. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I got approval from the director of domestic affairs! This should be great - thanks!

I KNOW it is a lot of work. Please let people know what we can do to help out.

Best regards,

-J.

13. tamf328

tamf328 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    this sounds like a really great time.
    count 2 more if this event gets scheduled.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Does anyone know what the featured marque(s) is/are at the Euro Auto Festival in Greer in October? Their website has not been updated for 2009.

15. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    John, thanks. Lynne and I will try and make it in the t Coupe. Love to hear more about the Sprint car team!

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Peter

Great to hear that you will make the summer get together - I know you will have to travel a ways - my sprint car team is Andretti-Edwards. Adam Andretti (John's brother) is my partner and driver. We are just having fun this summer hitting mainly tracks in the midwest but some in the south. Adam and his father Aldo(Marios brother) are just great guys and we have a blast together on and off the track

17. HankCarp

HankCarp Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Aug 11, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Hank Carpenter
    Hey guys,
    I just wanted to jump in and let you all know that the FCA Board of Directors will be meeting tomorrow to put all the planned events on a calendar and also working on some other items as well. We didn't get the list of dates turned in by the deadline of the FCA newsletter and we apologize for that. We are going to be getting all the dates submitted to the FCA newsletter and also working on a NC Chapter Newsletter... Stay tuned!
    Hank Carpenter
    [email protected]

18. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hey Hank, who's on the NC Chapter BoD these days?

19. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    And will we be having a spring mid-week track day?

20. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Mini and Morgan for '09.

21. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
  22. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Brian, why do they look deranged? ;)

23. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Oh that's an easy one...

they're from my wife's side of the family!

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  25. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey guys, just an update on the 2009 Events topic...there will be a full (I mean FULL) schedule of events coming out within a matter of days. Hang tight.