2009 events | FerrariChat

2009 events

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by J. Salmon, Jan 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Last year we made an attempt to host an early summer F1 viewing and drive. The attendance was low, though we had a great time and I think it was a good dry run. I will admit it was a PITA to put together, but I learned a lot and could do it easier now. But last time we were really screwed by the lack of notification in the area. Despite my best efforts, it was never published in the FCA News Bulletin. I don't want a repeat of that.

I just got my Jan '09 Bulletin, and this section is the ONLY section in the country to have NOTHING on the calendar. What's up with that? What happened to the Ricambi rally? The F1 viewings? The show in Winston? Meanwhile, my actual region (since I am in VA) has cool stuff almost every other weekend from now until Fall.

Ignoring the calendar, would people be interested in a rally up here (Lynchburg)? We have a great little boutique hotel that it inexpensive but nice, we have great restaurants, and fantastic driving roads. Let me know so I can either start the planning... or plan something else to do.

-J.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

All good questions. Probably best to contact the club leadership (they're all at FCI, I believe).

3. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    FCA bulletin still lists Bob as contact. Can we not at least get that updated? Ronnie Rumple is the contact now correct? Does anyone have an email for him?

4. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    [email protected], also CC [email protected]. They're meeting on the subject soon.

5. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    #5 k wright, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    The weekend at your house and the Craddock Terry hotel were perfect. I would love to do that again this year. Let us know the dates as early as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I know that it was lots of work.

ken

6. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Still like to have a lunch in Durham at Tosca. I can put it together, just don't want to step on toes...

7. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    +1 I'm up for that if some one puts it together. I'm bringing my chef with me tomorrow and he would like to have the group over for lunch in Goldsboro. Marc, Woody, & I met there a few months ago.

8. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd like to make that this year too, I missed out on the last one. K, you want to roadtrip over there if it works out?

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Hey Guys, I have peroperty in western NC right off the Blue Ridge. It is 2 1/2 hours from Charlotte and 25 mins form the Grove Park Inn in Ashville - I know I am a little far west for a lot of you but I would be willing to host an event when it is warmer. I live on a ridge line with a great view right off the parkway- have plenty of parking(for at least 20 cars), paved access and all the facilities for cooking etc(used to be in the hotel and restaurant business). I had the Florida FCA at my house in the Florida Keys last February and had 40 cars - served 75 lbs of fresh stone crabs. Just below my house is an area you all could use for haulers if needed. I am also 8 miles off I 40 on Cold Mountain. A bunch of cars from the event in Ashville last May drove right by my house on their Saturday morning event

John E

10. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    That sounds great! Offer accepted :)

Seriously, I think a lot of people would enjoy something like this.

11. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm just right over the mountain from there. You can count me in, it sounds like a lot of fun.

12. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    My wife keeps asking if we are going to have a F-car event in the mountains, so I'm very interested.

13. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Looks like there is lots of interest for stuff, we just need to get organized. I know that I am well into planning my year's events and vacations and cannot wait until April or May to set a date.

Always happy to have a low key impromptu drive up here. And hot diggety, John E's place sounds fantastic!

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    OK guys, I am happy to do it - we just need to set a date - if we have 5 cars thats great - if we have 20 thats great too - I have a 30 sq foot grill so cookings no problem - have an awsome sound system - have a steam bath for two in my new garage(we call it Umbria because my wife wanted to go to Umbria for a few weeks and I told her traveling was too much trouble these days so I would build her Umbria in the mountains) - have stone patios, will have a wood burning oven so basicall we have a great party spot - even own 2000 feet on a blue ribbon trout stream 4 miles away and plenty of fly equipment. My wife and I, before we came fully retarded in 2005, were in the resort and restaurant business so putting it together is no problem - that is what we did for a living - doing it just for friends now is enjoyable for us.

As far as dates are concerned, we will be traveling frrom 4/15 thru May 30th - anytime after that is cool - except for the national Ferrari meet in Elkhart Lake in July I believe - sometime in June would work for us if you all want to kick around a date lets due it -
    Possible dates -June 6, 13th, 20th,27th
    I have a sprint car team so I need to make a quick check on that but I don't make all the races

John E

15. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hmm, June 13 sounds good. I'm going to have J racing the Lola the weekend before! :D

16. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E

Ok, lets hear from everyone else

17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Shipper picks it up Monday :)

18. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    The 13th would really work for us - we could tentatively plan for trhat lets hear from other interested parties

19. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Absolutely. Also open to drives around here after I get this cast off my foot (broken calcaneous). 421 is salty for awhile but should be open by march.

Also will attend the other venue offered above, sounds like a great drive.

ken

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Ken

Should we count you in on the 13th on Cold Mnt?

John E

21. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    #21 k wright, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
    Yet another phase of the J. Salmon economic stimulus plan! You are aware of course that you are going to have to offer us all "rides" in the race car.......

Yes, see you on the 13th. Thanks for the invitation.

Ken

22. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    June 13 works for me as well.

23. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    And, John, one other thing, if you need any help getting set up for this thing, give me a shout. I'm not far from you at all, would be happy to help.

24. Cayenne06

Cayenne06 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2008
    God's Country, NC
    Full Name:
    David J
    Hmmmm.......... anniversary is June 25th. An early anniversary trip to the mountains in the 430. Hmmmmm...........

25. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

:( I'll be on Bald Head Island that week.