Sold - 2008 Rossa Scuderia | FerrariChat

Sold 2008 Rossa Scuderia

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by raider1968, Dec 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Licht, Vegas CS, DEPZ and 20 others like this.
  2. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I can't believe your selling this! What a nice Scud!

3. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    No !!!!!

That car is beautiful !

MDS

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Bilal Khan

Bilal Khan Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bilal Khan
    Looks to be well taken care of!

i am in the market to buy a scud in the new year. Looking for my first FCar!

Looks like there are some aftermarket parts on the car. Do you have a list? Safe to assume you have the service records etc. thanks,

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    That you for your interest - the car has been perfectly maintained by Ferrari Fort Lauderdale and Ferrari of Atlanta
    As for after market items on the car they are as follows:
    K 40 Laser and radar blocker - and after 11 yrs I can tell you that it works perfectly
    Roll bar installed by race shop in Fort Lauderdale
    5 point harness on both seats - regular seat belts are there also
    Fire safety system with button in the same spot the cig lighter was - fire safety covers both the engine compartment and interior of car
    Factory battery charger with plug in
    Car cover in excellent shape

Other Points
    I purchased the car new in 2008 from Ferrari of Orlando
    I believe MSPR was $302,000. Unfortunately I lost the window sticker years ago and was never able to get a replacement
    At that time they were the only dealer in the USA with a Rosa Scuderia color along with the gold wheels and the lights on the steering wheels
    I was an avid tracker but unfortunately not in this car. I started tracking in a 360 and went to schools in that. Then the Challenge Stradale came out and I had it on the track all the time.
    After that, it was a F430 and used it extensively. When the Scuds came out I could not wait to get one. I drove from Asheville NC in my bus and bought it for cash and had it shipped to Fort Lauderdale Ferrari. I forgot to call them and it was pretty funny because they could not figure who's car it was.

Unfortunately this is when my world started to come apart. I had been wounded in Nam and it all came back to haunt me. My back had deteriorated to the point that I had to take 60mg
    of morphine every 24 hrs. Had a great neuro operate on me but he said it ain't over. I felt good, however, and got to track the car twice at PBIR and once at Sebring. Then the back flared
    up as bad as before. Put my cars in my garage in the Mnts of NC and took pain pills for a year. Docs didn't want to operate but I could not take it. (could not walk form my house the my garage) and demanded an operation. It worked more or less - still had to take pain pills for 6 months before I could walk without them. Then a new bomb hit me. In August 2011 my Dr
    in Asheville told me I had stage 4 cancer from Agent Orange and needed to be treated immediately or I would be dead in 4 months. I recovered but it took a lot out of me - quit fly fishing and tracking - my two most favored activities. Then again tragedy struck again. In 2015, I dropped dead in the emergency room from complications from the chemo years before. Fortunately a really good Dr brought my back in 5 1/2 minutes and after 1 month in a coma I comeback. Meantime my favorite car sat in the garage.

I went thru this whole senerio to explain to you that even though I had the car set up as a track car I never got to use it as such.

If someone is seriously interested the car, I will ship it to Ferrari of Atlanta for its annual and have a ppi done. They are the oldest dealer in the US and know my car well. You can call the service manger and talk to him. Then we can go from there. You can visit the car of have it shipped to you. You will not regret it - it is a very fine example.
    Hate to let it go but I'm now 75 and again have back issues.
    Message me on chat if you or anyone has interest in the car and we can go from there.

My garage
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

HersheyE, LARRYH, Licht and 29 others like this.
  6. 762

762 Rookie

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I have been lurking on the forums now for awhile waiting for the timing to be right to get my first Ferrari. I will send you a message shortly. Thanks!

Shark01, sampelligrino and Thecadster like this.
  7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
  8. Bilal Khan

Bilal Khan Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bilal Khan
    Sorry to hear about your challenges. Will be in touch

9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thank you Thomas
    In my age and experiences I can deal with anything - wonderful wife I met in nursing school at UM - I was a few years older but was captivated by her nursing uniform- little did I know how important it would be 38 years later

uhn2000, shredder66, Sfumato and 4 others like this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Raider is one of our long time members, I knew some of his history but not all as described above.

He's a *&^%^*^%^ American Hero of the first order, I wish I could help him with this machine.

Hang tough man we can do this...
    Alan
    Houston Texas 22127

Jo430, carguyjohn350, JRE and 14 others like this.
  11. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thanks Tex
    Seems we r made of the same cloth

one4torque likes this.
  12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well I was too young for Vietnam, and too old for the rest......but know friends that came back forever changed or came back not at all....

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Those are some beautiful kids, we "win" in other less tangible ways..

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  15. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I for got to mention that I have all the books and manuals plus both original keys
    Also very importantly when the carbon fiber on the sidies of the engine compartment showed signs of whitening, I had all the carbon fiber from the engine compartment sent to California to the best place for repair - Even though only the side panels were affected, I sent everything so it would all look new

JRE, Red 27, Piper and 1 other person like this.
  16. Cylinder Head

Cylinder Head Rookie

Nov 15, 2019
    Houston, Tx
    John hello - your car and story made me write my first post as well. Patiently waiting for the right Rosa Corsa Scud.

Could you please text me to 832 . 2-eight-2 . nine-four-eight-five. Looking forward to connect.

Carpe Diem,
    CJ

carguyjohn350 and sampelligrino like this.
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Car seems to want for nothing but it's next owner, stunning spec OP. Cannot imagine what you've been through, but that is an awesome story of perseverance if I ever saw one. Glad you've kept fighting, wish you all the best

18. Bilal Khan

Bilal Khan Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bilal Khan
    Thanks John.

Really appreciate the insights. I sent you a PM. Look forward to connecting!

19. Rustyscrew

Rustyscrew Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Brower
    What a beautiful example

20. lewishou

lewishou Rookie

Jun 7, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Hard to beat a well cared for one owner car.

Thecadster likes this.
  21. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sad to see it go! GLWS good sir

22. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry to hear you are having health issues again especially after recovering from all you've been through. Thank you for your service and best luck on the sale. It's a beautiful car!!

one4torque likes this.
  23. 2006m5

2006m5 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    huntingdon valley PA
    Very nice car glws