2008 FCA National Event in Toronto July 9th thru 13th - PHOTOS & VIDEOS | FerrariChat

2008 FCA National Event in Toronto July 9th thru 13th - PHOTOS & VIDEOS

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jay GT4, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    The official web site is now up for the Annual FCA meet in Toronto this year.
    All the info for all the events can be found here:

www.fca2008.org

July 9-13, 2008

Perhaps the mods can make this a sticky?

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Toronto. Isn't this, like, in Canada? Dude, didn't South Park declare war on your ass.... eh?

Dale

3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    so, i guess you cant make it ?

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Frankly, based on the last time I crossed the border, I'm not sure I can get in.

Dale

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You have many friends on this side ...im sure we can find you a way ;)

6. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Just use the telephone booth to teleport in like Dr Who, just watch out you don't bring "Devros" with you! LOL
    (This will go over the heads of most of the younger generation! :D)

7. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    What's your story?

8. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    He's an American....if he was a Taliban, or Columbia drug lord they would let him walk in with cash to spend :D

9. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Looking forward to it, Should be there!

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #10 ClassicFerrari, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    They are holding this great event at Mosport??

They better hurry up and fix the pot-holes, and remove the dead raccoons and dandelions from the track.

Will they be updating the snack bar? The way to impress important Ferrari owners from North America is to feed them hot dogs and Diet Coke, and have them sit on rotten picnic tables. :(

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    The event will be catered like all the track events we have at Mosport. Then again we usually just bring a BBQ up and cook our own food.

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    atta boy....i'll bring the homemade sauages....you bring the BBQ, tell Corrado to bring the Vino....Luca can bring the italian cards ;) and Vasco...........well, he wont show.
    Have to agree with Luca on the picnic tables, hope they get a few new ones this year ;)

14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yeh, I think i'll show. ;)

15. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I'm sorry, but that track is a joke. No offense to anyone, or any driving enthusiast, but its a disgrace.

We have such a huge population of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Formula 1 fans in Toronto and Ontario...and we can't even get a decent race track, or drag strip?

I've been to a few of race tracks across NA, and can honestly say Mosport is the worst. The go-kart track at Goodwood in Stouffville has better facilities and asphalt than Mosport.

16. carbon_00

carbon_00 Formula Junior

May 5, 2006
    Toronto/London, UK
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've done hundreds upon hundreds of laps at Mosport, I love it!

Sure the facilities are shoddy and the food is crap...who cares..its 45 mins from my office and a very challenging course. I'd rather thm keep the overheads down and the track open. Since it was resurfaced and widen a few years back its been a blast for us.

We have it booked 3x this coming season alone.

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    No doubt the track has a good layout, and is popular with drivers. But the facilities and surrounding campus is crap. There are no paddocks, no storage areas, and the parking lot and setup areas are barely paved! And they finally fixed the track after 15 years of disrepair.

Thanks to a Calabogie, a new racetrack which has been built near Ottawa, there is hope for a decent track in Ontario.

Every state in the US has a great race track, in Canada, our best race track is like the worst track in the states.

18. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #18 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 4, 2008
  19. jqpd99

jqpd99 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2007
    Ottawa
    Full Name:
    DFO
    You could also come to the Ottawa Festival June 13-15th... the 13th is a track day at calabogie racetrack... brand new track.

http://www.calabogiemotorsports.com/

DF

20. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Juan, Mosport is a fantastic track to drive. It is very technical, has great elevation changes and in some turns is not for the feight of heart (turn 2). You will enjoy it very much.

21. TLKIZER660

TLKIZER660 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004
    Québec
    Does a pothole qualify as an elevation change?

Just kidding - I've never been to Mosport but looking forward to it in July.
    Tom Kizer

22. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    LOL

Tom, you are absolutely right. You will encounter many potholes, cracks, weeds, dead raccoons and other items on the Mosport track.

.........Mosport WAS a great track, with many elevation changes, and fast turns. Sadly, the track hasn't been modernized in 25 years, and is a very poor and embarassing circuit compared to others in North America. The pits are terrible, and the driver's common areas are disgusting.

I think I can smell the stench of the washrooms from my office in Vaughan.

This track needs to be demolished and completely rebuilt from the ground up.

23. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    #23 Jay GT4, Jun 5, 2008
    There are no weeds or pot holes on the track and you can be sure the dead racoons will be scraped off beforehand :D Remember it's in the middle of nowhere, it's not like there is a sewer system it's septic. Yes there are some repair patches in turns 9 and 10 but that is to be expected. As was mentioned the food is catered so no hot dogs and fries. There will be some fantastic cars at this event. It would be a shame if you missed it just because the facilities are tired. I don't know about you but I go to the track to drive...not look at the parking lot. Mosport is one of the most technical circuits in the world. The annual event is in Toronto....Kinda limited in where we can have a track day. Cayuga? Forget it. Mosport is the only practical solution, short falls and all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Jay, you are absolutely right.

I may talk terribly about Mosport, but its all we've got.

Unfortunately, there has been little or no investment in any new race tracks in the GTA/southern Ontario area. Considering we have such a strong automotive population, and a healthy collection of amateur/pro racers, it pains me to see that Mosport is our only outlet for racing around here.

25. SHEMM

SHEMM Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    ILIO
    I'll be the one with the speducci and some cheese from Abruzzo my parents smuggled back last year!...........oh, and of course my uncle's homemade 110 octane wine that he says is better than that crap you buy in the store....well if we can't drink it, we may be able to run the cars off it.

We can turn it into another Wasaga beach - take up all the picnic tables and put them together. Who can make homemade gnocchi? - I'll bring the sugo!