2006 Hummer H3 | FerrariChat

2006 Hummer H3

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 285ferrari, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    What do you guys think? I love the H2 but won't fit in my garage. Local dealer is taking orders now for the H3. It won't be available until late spring 05. Anyone with H2's like them or not?
    www.hummer.com

2. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    i think it looks ugly, i dislike the h3

3. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    That looks terrible. It looks like an H2 with skinny tires.

4. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #4 NTB, Nov 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm not sure about the H3, I have had an H1, and two H2's, maybe this one will grow on me. Until then the SUT will do:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Awesome, Bludevil12 (David Lonnquest) has shown me some of you collection, absolutely amazing, congratulations on all the beautiful cars.

About the H3, IMO its Fugly, looks like a rebodied Grand Cherokee if you ask me, although considering its all GM thats probably basically what it is.

6. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    Why would any sane individual want any of Hummer's trash?
    They do nothing good, except for the H1 and 99.99% of its owners will never have it off the road. They are ugly, suck gas and break everytime you drive them. I do not understand the hummer experience.....please someone explain it to me!!

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    H1s are really reliable. A friend of mine has the diesel with over 300k miles on it, trouble free. He normally gets 14 or so miles to the gallon.

I would have got one if not for the fact you cannot use it in the city and the handling leaves much to be desired...

BTW Nice to see another NSX owner! I used to have one a few years ago. Great car.

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Grand Cherokee=GM I thought it was a Jeep

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    H3=22mpg if that's sucking gas I better buy a hybrid Civic

10. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    "They do nothing good" - come on that's a pretty stupid statement. The h1 is the most capable off roader on the market, and the h2 is right behind it. Have you been off road in either?

"99.99% of its owners will never have it off road" - What study reported those figures? Please point it out to me.

"Ugly" - isn't that your opinion? Or does that same study say that to?

"Suck gas" - why would you care, you are not buying my gas, or anyone else's.

"Break everytime you drive them" - I have owned three hummers, and have never taken one back for any problems. Come on, everytime? Really?

You sound like the rest of the left wing greenie weenie tree huggers who have hated the hummers from the start.

11. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Well I watched the video for the H3, It looks like the H2 except smaller.
    The only problem I see is a lot of Rappers and posers bought H2's.
    So I wouldn't want one because of that, But I would own a H1 in camo.
    Not saying H2's are bad, just ruined buy Idiots, sad but true.

12. bdog

bdog Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2004
    I liked the truck version that was first shown off

13. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Your right, my fault....I don't really know what I was thinking.

14. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Im looking forward to the Hummer pickup. Concept looked great. I really like the SUT as well.

15. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    I know the H1 is a capable offroader, that is why I made the exception for it, but I still do not get the whole deal. As far as being a greeny, weeny....not really....but in a way, you are affecting the price I pay because of supply and demand. Most everyone I have seen in the H2 are definately posers. I have been purposely run off the road by an H2 because I assume he thought I was going TOO fast in my little Jap car (poser feeling like an enforcer). I can't recall ever seeing an H2 dirty from offroading, usually the wife is driving it ON THE ROAD. Which brings me to the question at hand...why. They are not capable on the road as they are underpowered and do nothing good......on the road. The h3 is even more unusable as there is really no true utility to it.....(yes, it is only my opinion)
    Give me a Titan for utility, and a more comfortable, capable sport ute to travel in.
    As far as dependablility goes.....the H2 is pretty bad. Oh yeah....I still think it is ugly but you probably would say the same of my Jap car.

16. kito

kito Karting

Sep 12, 2004
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I would never buy one, but it doesn't look half bad. 220 hp = 6 cylinder, so I guess it would be more fuel efficient than the insanely unefficient H2. I guess most people who buy them don't buy them if they want to get 20 miles per gallon though.

-Keith-

17. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    It's a 5 cylinder engine I think.

18. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Steve,
    The people you see are driving on the street, but if would attend an off road event, you may see plenty of h1/h2's. I'm not sure just driving down the road is posing. Where does your statement regarding dependability come from? I think you are way off the mark.
    The NSX is a neat car (if that is what you have), I pretty much like all cars trucks, motorcycles, but I do feel that the Japanese auto makers make great copies of other manufactures cars - Ferrari, MB, BMW ect.
    Tom

19. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Seriously steve, back up your claims that all the H2's are grossly unreliable. I mean come on now.
    And the H3 will have an inline 5.

20. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    Tom, I take a little insult to the NSX being a copy of a Ferrari. I think that in its day the car made Ferrari change the way they were thinking. Don't get me wrong.....I would love to own a Ferrari, but I feel Japan offered similar performance, exclusiveness, in a package that was RELIABLE and relatively INEXPENSIVE to drive. Now everyone has followed Honda's lead trying to produce user friendly exotics (another discussion all together). As far as my claim to the Hummer being unreliable.......well, I guess it is not a bullitproof source. I base it on 3 reasons:
    1. It is a GM product......although they have gotton much better than years past, the GM's I have owned have been absolute trash compared to comparable German and Japanese makes in the same price range. Probably not a very solid arguement on my part.
    2. Dare I say JD Powers ranks Hummers as the one of the pooriest quality vehicles made. Credible..........maybe, maybe not.....maybe they were paid off.
    3. I have spoken to several mechanics at my local dealership and they say that the H2's spend more time in the shop than on the road. Probably not the most reliable source either.
    So, I am probably not real solid in this arguement as I have not owned one. But I do feel strongly that none of the GM cars I have ever driven have the feel of quality, nor the subjective feel of a German or Japanese car. What cars have a personally experienced this?
    93 Corvette....this thing was babied and in the 1st 30k miles had the following. 6 speed transmission failed, alternator overcharged and spewed acid all over my black fender and hood ruining the paint. Clutch bearing failure, bose radio problems, all of the rubber around Targa and Hatch replaced at 16 mths (cracked and seperated). Targa leaking before and after the replacement. Terrible structural integrity caused numerous clanks and rattles. Leather wearing prematurely. Doorhandles and other interior pieces falling off for no apparant reason. Seats came loose and felt like rocking chairs. Steering rack failure.
    2002 chevy truck....less problems but still many.....Steering problems within the 1st 5k miles....common on these trucks, transmission leaking within first 20k. I have just not had good luck with the general.....
    I will take the Titan truck or the Tundra over the GM anyday.
    In the same breath the new c6 is a lot of car......

21. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Funny you mention that. C4s used ZF 6spds. Same company that makes quite a few euro...

22. NTB

NTB Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Steve,

It's not my intend to insult you, the NSX is a fine car and I would be proud to own one. Maybe our experiences just have been different, I own a fleet of chevy trucks for my business and haven't had any problems, except the occasional fender bender. Also owned two vettes, no problems.

Tom

23. SteveNSX

SteveNSX Rookie

Jun 18, 2004
    I know Tom! No insult taken.......I still do not understand the Hummer.
    Maybe I am missing out!!