For Sale - 2006 Ford GT Tungsten with 373 miles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2006 Ford GT Tungsten with 373 miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sp1viper

sp1viper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2016
    Dallas
    Congrats!

Just shows that there is no timing the market ... over time, beautiful machines such as these will continue to go up and now becoming unattainable (at least for me).

I kick myself everyday for not getting into the FGT or Murcielago back in 2013/14 ....

Shark01 likes this.
  2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Wow quick sale; new owner will have an incredible GT!

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    While I can’t say I share the Murcielago sentiment (it was boring to drive and the e-gear was horrible), the FGT is a gem. And if you don’t require a car in the wrapper there are opportunities.

I drove my first one in 2012 and the ask was $209k for a 2k mile car. In 2020 I bought a 28k mile driver grade car for a lot less than $209k. Perfect? No, but I get to experience more of the car than the ones kept in the wrapper.

root, Gh21631 and Thecadster like this.
  4. sp1viper

sp1viper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 2, 2016
    Dallas
    WIth Murcielago, I meant gated as opposed to the e-gear. I don't think I'd ever be comfortable owning an e-gear lambo ...

As for the FGT, great find! ... thanks, I guess I still have hope although the car market is insane right now ...

Shark01 likes this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You should consider a Diablo, they are all manual transmission and they have so much more charisma, charm, and presence than the Audi cars. And you can still buy a common variant for less than $200k. But the attention they get is just stupid, way more than the FGT.

The driver grade FGTs are out there (one sold for sub $220k 2-3 months ago) but you have to go and work the market. These are cars you won’t see on BAT or advertised anywhere, they are person to person transactions. That market doesn’t come to you.

sp1viper, Thecadster and OrmondStar like this.
  6. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

..it's been sold! However, had it been me, I would have taken it to Laguna Seca ( WeatherTech) and eventually crashed it....maybe more than once. Hell, I would have banged it up like a rally car. ...real shame someone kept their Virgin wife for the "next guy." Money is to be enjoyed, LOL.

armedferret likes this.