For Sale - 2006 Ford GT Tungsten with 373 miles | FerrariChat

For Sale 2006 Ford GT Tungsten with 373 miles

Discussion in 'Cars' started by AMG USA, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
  2. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    You guys sure know how to pick em

3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    very nice glws

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Are they making fresh tires for these things yet?

5. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    373 miles and the monroney is still attached? that's a tragedy.

hopefully the new owner remedies both of those items (assuming tires are available--which, if tirerack is to be believed, they aren't).

i wouldn't drive it on 15-year-old rubber regardless of mileage.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    #6 Art138, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Although you can still find originals with a ten year lapse time,the majority of GT drivers use current Bridgestones (Scuderias in the rear and N| Potenzas at front). These grab better than the originals. I still have my originals in storage for posterity. One of the most bullet proof super cars you can find….

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    All Ford GTs are true collector cars....

root likes this.
  8. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
  9. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    Was just a limited edition of the color.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    A friend of mine just sold his last month - very similar spec and under 1000 miles. I wont say the number so I dont spoil the ad but feel free to PM me.

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Just a special color that was only available in the 2006 model year. Here’s a breakdown of the various color combinations. Tungsten has always been a highly desirable color.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Very cool, thank you. I have been kicking myself for the past 12 years when I had an opportunity buy a red, four option, with less than 3000 miles on it for 130 grand from the origional owner.

Since my wife and I were about to start a family, I decided to play it safer and buy a two year old Aston Martin Vantage for almost half the cost instead. I still own that car and love it, but need a GT to go with the Scud at some point! I just love that era of automobile.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Shark01, Thecadster and Art138 like this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Since buying one when the pricing had dipped lower almost a year and a half ago, I've seen so many guys on forums and in person discussing their regret stories about this car....and like this in such great detail, really points out how special these are. My 82 year old Mother had her first ride yesterday and she loved it.

Hope you can own one someday....

DeTomasoGTS74, Art138 and Thecadster like this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Here’s my unique regret story. I “purchased” a Tungsten brand new when leftover Heritage and Tungstens were littered across the nation. I FedEx’d my check. Almost immediately, I had a twinge of regret. At the time, real estate in Phoenix was popping, so my wife and I decided we might be better served buying a nice residential lot. Surely we could make a crap of money building a massive home on that lot. I mean what could possibly go wrong? So I ended rescinding on the GT deal, instead putting that money down on the lot. Not long later, the GT was transacting at $300,000 plus about the time I finally realized the paper loss on that lot. The entire delta was around $1M. Tough lesson. Years later, the sting of that poor decision rankled me enough to prevent me from pulling the trigger on a GT. It wasn’t until last spring, that I finally did so. The car is phenomenal, and it’s my absolute favorite amongst all my other cars.

Boomhauer, of2worlds, Andynyc and 4 others like this.
  15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    And if you glance at his list of cars (drool worthy), you would realize how meaningful that statement is. On my list it is still #2 of 2, but that isn't a slight against the FGT.

Bobby_P, DeTomasoGTS74 and Thecadster like this.
  16. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    I DID buy a 2005 red all four option GT with 1890 miles in 2010 for $139,000. Then STUPIDLY sold it two years later for $159,000.
    I could list the reasons but it was the dumbest decision I've ever made in my life on a material good.
    At least I have a 458 Spider and a Porsche Boxster Spyder to take some of the sting out of it.

Bobby_P, DeTomasoGTS74 and Thecadster like this.
  17. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    First gen Boxster Spyder (manual and carbon seats) is a car I am actively searching for. Great taste!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What is your #1 of 2? I absolutely love my Scud but the FGT would probably notch ahead. I’m a bit biased though as my father spent his entire career at Ford and I grew up in Detroit...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    1999 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster, 530 hp mid mounted V-12 convertible with gated shifter and incredibly rare with 142 made worldwide for a 1 year only design refresh. Want that spec in a Ferrari? Well over $2M. Incredibly under appreciated car. Motoring nirvana on a nice day with the top off, a hard shift at 7,500 rpm makes it feel like the Earth is ripping apart. Very visceral drive, like the FGT is, but can be used for a nice cruise. The FGT is only happy when driven hard.

My 2nd choice when I bought my FGT was a Scuderia, but it ended up a distant 2nd.

GatedMurci and OrmondStar like this.
  20. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
  21. Spezia

Spezia Karting

Dec 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Weires
    You have good taste. My 2011 is first gen with CF seats, PSE and manual. White and black interior with about 8400 miles.
    It's a keeper for me as it's great fun, reliable and actually pretty cheap to own. Good luck on your hunt. You won't be disappointed.

DeTomasoGTS74 likes this.
  22. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
  23. DeTomasoGTS74

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    love it! Perfect world i would match your spec but with carrera red interior. The perfect car came up once and i missed it on holiday a couple years back.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-porsche-boxster-spyder-24/

Half the fun is in the hunt for the perfect spec for me. Took forever on the Scud too!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Spezia likes this.
  24. AMG USA

AMG USA Formula Junior
    Sponsor

Jan 4, 2017
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Atlantis Motor Group
    sold!

Thecadster likes this.
  25. CC1963