2006 F430 F1 Transmission start off line question | FerrariChat

2006 F430 F1 Transmission start off line question

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ian Armstrong, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ian Armstrong

Ian Armstrong Rookie

Apr 16, 2018
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ian Armstrong
    I'm a proud new owner of a 2006 Ferrari F430 with the F1 transmission. My first driving experience in the car was at COTA on the track. It shifts great at high speeds but I had to feather the gas to get the car rolling from a start and if I laid on the throttle to hard it would stall. I'm going to take it to the Ferrari dealership and see if the kiss point needs to be adjusted or find out what is going on. Supposedly the previous owner did a clutch 900 miles ago. Should I go ahead and replace the F1 pump and the relay? Let me know what your guys thoughts are. It's my first Ferrari and I absolutely love the car and it was amazing around the track. I have a set of Novitech KW shocks that are being installed as we speak, not needed but I bought them used for a deal and had KW rebuild them. Image Unavailable, Please Login Thanks!

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  2. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    No answers here - I’m dealing with the exact opposite symptoms but same result. When I don’t get on the throttle relatively fast and hard from a stop or slow speed, my car stalls. Can’t pull into my garage without risking damage! And keeps stallling in traffic situations. Shop hasn’t a clue yet. Please update if you get someone to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Ian Armstrong

Ian Armstrong Rookie

Apr 16, 2018
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ian Armstrong
    That sucks! probably makes you not want to drive it and take it out. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks!

4. evilruss

evilruss Karting

Jan 27, 2015
    Rockford
    I'd be curious if they did a wear index value reset when the clutch was replaced. Safe to assume you don't have any record of the clutch change?

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Relay failure is not a common problem on the F430. It was upgraded from the 355/360 having a 30 amp relay to 50 amp. Not a big deal to replace as a precaution, they are only $20 to $25 and takes 5 minutes to remove the cover behind the drivers seat. Based on threads here, pump failure is not a common failure either, and is often misdiagnosed as a fix, when it is the accumulator or some other issue. It seems whenever there are shifting issues, since most owners and independent shops do not have the proper diagnostic equipment, they just replace the pump, and problem is not always resolved, or is masked with a temp fix by pump replacement....then problem returns.

Taking your car to a Ferrari dealer or to Scuderia Rampante is your best bet for a proper diagnosis. Take the tech out and demonstrate the problem

whatheheck likes this.