2006 DB9 - Get in touch with your inner James Bond. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2006 DB9 - Get in touch with your inner James Bond.

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Racersdrive, Jan 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    We are spoiled - but I appreciate it because I spent the first 28 years of my life living in New England.

2. bikerbob100

bikerbob100 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Do you have photos of the interior , dash, seats, and door panels? thanks bob

3. bikerbob100

bikerbob100 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    Naples/Spider LK, WI
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Mike, thank you. Do you have service records from the original owner? How much tread is left on the tires?
    thanks Bob

4. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Tires are a couple of years old (estimate 75%) and all service was done at the local Aston dealer, Los Gatos Luxury Cars who would have the maintenance records.

5. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Mike--This is such a beautiful car. I've always liked the body lines from any point of view. I'm surprised it doesn't have more interest as it's a way to get into exotics at a fairly low price point. Wheels and impact repair look perfect. I'm guessing there are folks holding back, doing more research--which is what I did prior to pulling the gun on my Maserati. I research the heck out of things before I commit. GLWS!

6. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    The real question I'd like to address is how much of a discount should one expect to receive on a car with a salvage title? KBB gives 45 -50% discount as a blanket figure for all cars versus a similar car with a clear title.

In this case we think the discount % should be much lower based upon 1.) the prestige, reputation, rarity and investment potential of an Aston Martin DB9 and 2.) confidence on the buyers part regarding the quality of the repairs based upon the factory certified technicians who did the work under final quality control review by Aston Martin Lagonda.

I know you can find similar Aston's with clear titles around the country selling for $45k.. Discount that by 25% for the Salvage title and throw in the equation that its only had two owners and its a California car. . . and even in today's mid-winter marketplace, it should sell for just south of $35k.($33,750). Wait two months and when the sun starts shining this car will go past $35k with a bullet.

As the new DB11's approach $350k+ what do you think is going to happen to the value of any well-maintained, well-repaired and good looking DB9?. Even DB7's are going up now. DB9's like this one are going to go up as well.

My prediction - drive it for three years - keep it fresh and then sell it for more than you paid for it.

The best news is that your price of admission here is really advantageous.

I'd probably take $33,750 now from somebody who really wants it and who will appreciate the car for what it is and what it represents.
    However, the more I think about it - screw it - maybe I'll just keep enjoying it.

Cheers'

Mike C.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    are you interested in doing some sort of deal or trade back for the wheels and tires that are on it for the set of bare wheels? Is there any delamination/wear on the panel area were the nav screen pops up?

8. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Good morning Meister. Not sure what kind of deal you are requesting on the wheels. Tires and wheels on the car are fine. Spare set of wheels are like new and would be a separate deal. I had several of the Dash area panels on top reupolstered this past summer. Havent noticed any area of delimitation/wear around the center column area.

9. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

I prefer not to buy the extra set and then have to sell the wheels that are currently on it. I just like look of the light weight set vs the ones that are currently on the car. Could your shop swap current tires to extra set of wheels and then you keep/sell the 15 spoke ones? Thanks

10. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Make me an offer on the car assuming we swap the wheels and lets see if we can work something out.

11. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

I'm working on my math now :) Thanks

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Nice ride GLWS

13. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    This is a no brainer. V12 Aston for Less than a loaded Civic. Drive it till the wheels fall off.....winning!

Racersdrive likes this.
  14. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Good morning.

16. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    The DB9 is now off the market. Going to a new home.

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Ok congrats, so fess up how much for a very nice but salvage title DB9 convert. I say +\- $35k.

18. Racersdrive

Racersdrive Karting

May 21, 2013
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Cesario
    Not permitted to say - sorry.

19. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Glad you were able to sell the car after the ups and downs related to comments. Good luck with whatever you're pursuing next!