Sold - 2005 Jaguar Super V8 is superb condition | FerrariChat

Sold 2005 Jaguar Super V8 is superb condition

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Gle8, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

For your consideration is my 2005 Jaguar XJ Super V8. Currently at 84,xxx miles, which will increase as I drive it.

In 2005, this was the top model offered by Jaguar. MSRP was over $90,000 when new. In a nutshell, this car is the XJ Vanden Plas with the supercharged V8 from an XJ-R. It also shares some of the suspension (and Brembo Brakes) from the XJ-R. It was also the longest car ever offered by Jaguar, at roughly 17.5 feet long. Most of this length was from adding 5” of rear seat legroom compared to the standard XJ.

This is a true gentleman’s cruiser. 390HP and 399 pound-feet of torque accelerate this luxury cabin from 0-60 in 5 seconds. And they came loaded with every option Jaguar had to offer, including picnic tables, rear entertainment, adaptive cruise control, rear sunshades, and power everything (to name just a few). It is also the last model year of this body style, excluding the 2006 models which added the horrific looking side vents. In my opinion, this is the best example of the XJ-L body ever produced.

Everything works as it aught to, even the rear entertainment. No squeaks or rattles, every button does its job, and nothing is missing. Service records for the last 3 years, including replacement of the front air suspension (this is CRUCIAL on buying a Super V8). New tires, rebuilt front calipers with new rotors and pads in the last 1K miles. Car is completely stock with exception of an aftermarket blue-tooth receiver behind the stereo, and an auto dimming rear view mirror with temperature and built in rear view camera. Original Wilton Wool mats are present.

The interior is in excellent condition. The only flaws are some scratches on the driver’s door leather (under where one grabs the handle), and a small scratch on the passenger side center console. The driver’s side headliner is beginning to sag, though you won’t notice on first glance. I have priced out a full replacement OEM headliner installed for $650, and will have this done prior to purchase and at my expense if the buyer requests (and the asking price is met). The leather is all supple and without rips or tears (or even visible wear).

The exterior is also in fantastic shape for its age. The only notable flaws are some hazing of the passenger side headlights, some very minor rash on 2 of the rims, and some random scratches here and there. No dents, dings, or rust anywhere. I attempted to take photos of the visible exterior scratches, but couldn’t get them to show.

All in all this is likely one of the best examples of this car that you will find. It presents extremely well, and is a pleasure to drive. I’ve tried to point out all the flaws that are apparent to me, no matter how small, and to capture them in the photos as well as I am able.

I am selling because I will be moving to Australia in the next few months, and cannot take it with me. That said, this is not a fire sale, and I am happy to keep it stateside for when I visit if it does not sell.

This is a great deal on a whole lot of car. It is a true sleeper, as no one outside of Jag enthusiasts will know that the “Super V8” badge on the back means you can overtake most anything on the road in your rolling living room. My fiancé refuses to ride in the front, as the back seat (with its recline and entertainment) is a wonderful place to be. Especially while sipping a bourbon.

Asking $16,500 with new headliner, or $16,000 without. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and I am happy to take additional photos of anything you’d like to see. Thanks for looking!

Additional photos available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CG3WJCU9GTQmwpbdFvR16DW0bz14ODe6 Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH and F SPIDER like this.
  2. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    we had a Super V8 new and kept it 5 or 6 years . It was a very nice car and fast good luck with the sale...

Gle8 likes this.
  3. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful Jaguar GLWS

4. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Getting the headliner done on Monday.

5. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Really beautiful cars

6. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

New headliner installed today, and it looks great. Asking $16K WITH the new headliner.

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Very tempting car. Shame I'm not in a position to buy it.

All the best,
    Andrew.

Gle8 likes this.
  8. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice car, same as Andrew I'm not quite ready to buy. That's a lot of car for the money!

Gle8 likes this.
  9. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Drove it to dinner with some friends yesterday. Amazing how it wants you to push it in the Twisties with 4 people comfortably ensconced.

10. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice car. Don't rush. Be patient and the right buyer will show up with all the $$ and take it off your hands.

Good luck

11. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Bump. Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

12. Brian Elliston

Brian Elliston F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Brian Elliston
    Where is it located? Cool car!

13. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Located in Denver Colorado.

14. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I have a very good shipper!

Brian Elliston likes this.
  15. Brian Elliston

Brian Elliston F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Brian Elliston
    Thanks, I would have been quite interested but just pulled the trigger on an '07 SL550. GLWS I will pass along if someone is interested!!

16. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

No worries, I appreciate it!

17. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    great looking car, have you entertained putting it on bringatrailer?

18. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I have actually. I emailed them the specs and photos, and a day later got the following canned response:

We do not feel that your 2005 Jaguar XJ is a good fit for our site and audience at this time. We are very selective, and the most common reasons cars are not accepted to BaT Auctions are the following:

• Unreasonable reserve expectations
    • Common models with many similar cars available
    • Many same or similar models recently accepted

We appreciate that you considered BaT Auctions and wish you best of luck with the sale. Please let us know if you have any other vehicles you would like us to consider.

Thanks,

The Bring a Trailer Team

I emailed them back asking if they were sure, as they seem to have XJR's on there quite a bit, but I didn't receive a response. No matter what they say, I know this car is special!

19. David Dodson

David Dodson Rookie

Jan 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    David John Dodson

Hi from Canada
    Just joined this forum because I'm looking to buy for a Super V8.
    You came up on a google search-I know nothing about Ferrari except they are above my pay grade-retired veteran.
    I've had a 92 XJS Coupe and a 96 VDP whom I loved to death into scrapyard.
    I now want a Super V8 since I'm a sleepy senior who still loves to hear a super charger whine.
    Curious if you replaced the front shocks with original equipment and why rears weren't done at the same time.
    Did you change the timing chain?

Unfortunately-(or fortunately ;>)) we live in Fort Erie Canada-across the Niagara River from Buffalo New York
    Don't know about car buying ,paying ,shipping from afar ,do you?
    I have a long perfect record on ebay as -forterieontariocanada-
    There is another one like yours in Addison Illinois at a dealer asking 14 grand with beautiful custom Sepang looking wheels I love also

http://www.uaxdrive.com/vehicle-details/used-2007-jaguar-xj-super-v8---navi---parking-sensors---sunroof---rear-climate-and-reclining-addison-il-id-20902379

Could you send me some pictures-unlimited size and number-and maybe a little wisdom how we would make the deal with payment and shipping ,please

[email protected]

Thanks David Dodson
    day phone 1-289-969-3911

20. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Email sent.

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I hope it works out for you guys- beautiful car!

22. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Still available.

23. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Price lowered to $15K for a quick sale. You won't find a nicer Super V8

24. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Now listed on ebay for 16,500. F-Chat price still 15K.

25. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Price drop to $14,500. This is an insane price for one of the nicest Jags in the country.

NeuroBeaker likes this.