Taken Off Market - 2005 360 Spider Rosso/Tan | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2005 360 Spider Rosso/Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by spikes360, Oct 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well it's about time! Offered for sale is my 360 Spider. I purchased this vehicle July, 2013. It has given me an enjoyable 7 years of ownership but now it must go.

First before I give you all the specifications I must tell you that the Carfax is not clean. It shows an accident.
    The accident is not what is important but what is important is how Carfax added this incident to the report 2 years after the accident and one year after I purchased the vehicle. Once I found out about this (around 2016) I researched how this went wrong. But, unfortunately, I could not come up with an answer. I checked with the owner - he states it never was in an accident. I checked with the witnesses, they never answered their phone.
    I checked with the police and they sent me a report. If you would like to see the report I can send it to you.
    The accident involved a woman who backed up into the Ferrari while parked. There isn't any damage! I removed the license plate holder in order to show the front end - there are two holes were they screwed in the holder. That's it!

Carfax shows 5 owners - in reality there were 3 including me - I believe. Started in New York, he moved to Florida. Purchased in Florida moved to Massachusetts. He changed his name and retitled. I purchased and brought it to Illinois.

Specifications: Mostly all stock. Rosso Corsa Tan interior. 36,700 miles and still driving. Daytona electric seats. Modular wheels (I purchased). Challenge grilles front. And back (I purchased). Red calipers, Scuderia Ferrari Shields. Roll bar - Tan. Tubi muffler. All FOBS (recently purchased and new PIN code from Gobble - Fchatter). Newer Michelin tires. A/C works great - especially with the top down! = No - it's fine. Paint is in great condition except for nicks on the front bumper. CD changer in trunk but I don't know if it works - never had a use for it - loved the sound of the engine.

Service: I acquired most of the records from the beginning of the life of this vehicle. I have always had this vehicle serviced through Continental Ferrari Hinsdale Illinois.
    It has had timing belt service - March 2018. At that time clutch was at 13% wear. Clutch was replaced in 2014 as was the 30,000 Major completed. I only drive approx. 1,000 miles per year mostly highway. New battery May, 2020. I have not had an annual maintenance this year because I was having a medical situation earlier this year and then Covid-19 hit.
    Stickys - pretty much done. Leather shrinkage on passenger airbag. Dash does not show any bubbles.
    For the most part the car looks and runs great.

Asking price: $85,500.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Merlin Auto Group likes this.
  2. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    that's a fine looking car! Seems like that dash shrinkage on the airbag cover would be a fairly easy fix?

3. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, I was planning to do it this summer but the medical thing got in the way.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    2005s are pretty rare.

ScottS likes this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    very nice example!

spikes360 likes this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    360s are ageing sooooo well.

imahorse, Oengus, cwilson13 and 4 others like this.
  7. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes they are - I always loved the curves! Wish I could keep it.

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    360 design is timeless it's one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever made.

Husker likes this.
  9. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I couldn't agree more.

10. Vipmn1

Vipmn1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hal Pattalino
  11. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere

seems like there should be a way to clean that up. I would hire a lawyer in a case like this - it would be worth it.

I don't know what an "accident" on CarFax means monetarily, but it could be as much as $15,000 I would think, on a car like this.

12. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unfortunately I read this late last night and it brought back some very nasty memories which kept me up for quite awhile. I've been trying to be honest with my ad and posted the fact that it was in an accident. As i said before I did not know about the accident. At the time, I had a recent Carfax, a PPI from a noted Indy Ferrari dealer that sponsors this website and the vehicle owner stated that it was never in an accident (I have his email stating that). This all happened in 2013. I drove to Cooperstown to watch my grandson play in a tournament. I scheduled a trip to Boston to see this car. No one suggested to me that this car was in an accident. If I would have saw the accident report I probably wouldn't buy it. But I bought it and I was happy. In 2016 I wanted to check out the Carfax because I was wondering if the Ferrari dealer put on any of my service records which he did not. I saw the accident report and was really pissed! I called the person who sold me the car (what a scum bag) he still denied that it was in an accident. I contacted the police in Norwood, MA and they sent me the accident report - it was hit in the front with no damage to the Toyota but some to the Ferrari. She backed up into the car and was arrested for a DUI. I tried to contact the witnesses to see if they had a picture of the car. They never answered their phone. I couldn't get a hold of the insurance company. And Carfax just gave me the run around. Until recently and before I put this ad up I tried again and have no recourse.

Now, someone else told me that I should sell it for a big discount or keep it for my sons. This I will not do. The car drives perfect. It handles very well. It looks great. But the car is 15 years old, it has 37000 miles - it isn't a garage queen. It shows a few chips in the front. It would have cost me about $500 to have the license plate holes filled and repaint the bumper but I did not because I wanted people to see what the so called damage looked like.

Now to the PPI, I really believe that I was setup by the Indy and the owner. The owner of the Indy was in Wisconsin for Road America and this young guy did the PPI. I trusted him, I never drove the car! There were a few problems, the paddle was loose, the front left fender was hit by the tire, and the reverse lever was loose. I had them repair these things. They rolled the front fender and they did a bad job. They charged me $1000 and I was taken. I was fresh to Ferrari and they knew it. I had the Ferrari dealer here do the roll again for both fenders.

Now Carfax, you can have it. I will never look at another Carfax again. They have no control over when they get there information. Remember "caveat emptor"! How many of you got screwed by Carfax? Do your due diligence - find a qualified and trustworthy Indy for your PPI then look over the car yourself.

I'm sorry I ranted on and on but I'm tired of this. How many times have you seen a million dollar Ferrari crash or burn and then they fix it and sell it for millions? If you like this car and want to see what kind of damage was done then come by and look or get a PPI from a Ferrari dealer.

The asking price is $85,500. I only have it advertised here. If it doesn't sell then come spring I'll have it on all the other sites.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jjmalez likes this.
  13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well thanks for that but I don’t plan on selling through the auction and I’m not going to give it away.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ur missing the point- ur ask is 20k higher than market. Giving it away wld be 45k.

16. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mod, Please take off market. Thanks, Mike