For Sale - 2001 Ferrari 456 MGT Very Rare and Desirable 6 Speed, 10,331 Orginal Miles. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 2001 Ferrari 456 MGT Very Rare and Desirable 6 Speed, 10,331 Orginal Miles.

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Cosmopolitan Motors LLC, Aug 4, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The only Rosso Corsa manuals I know of are 456's. I've never heard of an RC 456M manual. I've seen other reds, but not RC.

And all the M manuals I've seen are not completely optioned. Never seen one with Daytonas AND shields, for example.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    2001 456M, Rosso Corsa, Shields, Tan Daytona, Red Calipers. It's the only one that spec in North America...

... but it's an automatic.

I would rather have a 456M manual than a 550 or a 575M manual. It's a much better looking car, and the engines are similar.

Ron328 likes this.
  2. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

Less desirable (automatic) but still beautiful though. I wouldn't mind a well-sorted red/tan example.

G. Pepper likes this.
  3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I always wanted to buy a 456 with a busted auto and try to swap in a modern unit. I imagine with a DCT it would be just wild!

NuorderSG likes this.
  4. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    They are fun and folks really dig them when they see them in real life, that is for sure.

Those wheels on that Rosso are great BTW

Attached Files:

davemqv and G. Pepper like this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I owned it for six years, and it really blew people's minds. Placed third in Non-Lambo Modern Italian at a huge Lamborghini/Italian car show versus over fifty other modern Italian cars, forty of which were Ferraris. None of the judges had ever seen a Rosso Corsa 456M. :)

I would have kept it forever if it was a manual. Now that I have a 360 manual, I want a 456M manual. I would buy this one but I'm setting up a new home in Colorado right now, and I've spent more than this car is up for on it so far!

Timing is everything. I'm sure this winter I'll be ready again.

Ron328 and Auraraptor like this.
  6. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    i love these for family outings and currently looking for something. but im on a mondial budget.

Michael_Davis likes this.
  7. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Bentley Gold Coast?

8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

Just a nice random picture from internet. :)

9. NuorderSG

NuorderSG Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

...only bc the quality was sketchy: flip up headlamps failed often, carbon fiber hood hitting wipers upon opening and getting scratched up...being carbon fiber it was neither easy nor inexpensive to re-paint, adjustable shocks, and 48 ticking valves which were a b*tc to adjust and shim... Volvo shims ocassionally were used to stop the ticking, windows which were almost impossible to adjust and the wind whistling was just part of the experience. The automatic transmission were not easily repairable and GMC units were stuck in there as replacements.

A few years back, I looked far and wide for a good one....and pretty much came accross questionables characters on this site trying to sell me their junk cars . A particular one in Jacksonville Florida comes to mind.

Having said this, the 456 is a very beautiful car, and a well sorted one with a manual transmission is very desirable and well worth it. I missed the boat...sighhhhh. GLWS

10. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    When I got back into "Ferrari world" it was actually the 456 that first caught my eye. I first saw a 2003 456M in black over cuoio for sale in SF. It had higher miles but was such a great colour combination. A few months after that I came across a stunning 456M at Carriage House Motors in Blu Pozzi over a tan Daytona interior. Also a really stunning car. I still wish I'd bought one of those cars. Both beauties.

This one is equally pretty but has the advantage of being a manual.

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    To be fair many things were improved with the M...windows in particular.

12. DeathLlama

DeathLlama Rookie

Dec 22, 2019
    CA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    [quietly raises hand] Um...I have.

13. Bob Dobalibus

Bob Dobalibus Rookie

Mar 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bob Dobalibus
    Great video to watch if you are interested in these:

So many things to note: Ok, it's a marketing video but regardless the engine production process appears quite special - can't imagine Toyota or Honda looking like that in 1999. Body will never rust being mostly aluminium, rear transaxle looks pretty compact assuming the shot is of a manual, first time I've seen the working rear diffuser - I think they ditched that with the Modificata.

Overall if you subscribe to the 'artisinal'/craftsman romance of car construction which creates something 'special' and apart from the rest than this video does a good job of that. Helps to make even the building of one seem an event. With the right care that engine could well be running smoothly in 30 years time. What a nice gift for your kids if they turn out to be car lovers?

puckybadger, Jaguar36 and G. Pepper like this.
  14. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I take it this didn't sell at the auction. Great looking car.