~2000 F360 cost | FerrariChat

~2000 F360 cost

Discussion in 'New England' started by Tim1137, Jul 12, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hello new England Ferrari owners, to keep my story short, I was looking into purchasing a Nissan GTR, and during my searches I noticed quite a few early 2000's F360s selling for similar prices to the GTR. I know the 360 requires a timing belt change every few years which is costly, but If I were to consider purchasing a 360, what other high dollar maintenance/repair costs could be expected for a 10 year old 360? I understand tires and brakes are expensive and wear quickly, but what other mechanical components and fluid chances can get costly?

2. e3enigma

e3enigma Karting

Jul 30, 2011
    Thousand Oaks
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think the ride and excitement is different than a GT-R. The Ferrari is very reliable, but buy the right one i.e. one that was driven and not sitting around for 10 years. Make sure clutch/belts are up to date when you buy it or just take it off the price when you make an offer. Depending on what you are looking to spend and your style/color combo I have a friend selling one for around $75K in excellent shape. I may sell mine (2004) to upgrade to a 430, but not sure yet. Happy to talk live as I bought mine last year and I LOVE IT! Cell is 781-654-7585.
    Mike

3. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Another major maintenance cost you need be aware of is the clutch if you buy an F1 gearbox. Depending on driver, the clutch life can be as little as 10k miles, though some report getting as much as 30k miles or more. The cost to replace is in the $4-6k range.

4. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The F1 transmission is the semi-automatic transmission correct? How is the clutch life on the normal manual transmission cars?

5. TestiRob

TestiRob Karting

Jul 31, 2011
    Western, MA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    F1 is paddle shift on the steering wheel. Not as much fun as the gated shifter. I rented a 360 in Las Vagas with paddle shift and I preferre shifting gears. It feels more genuine to me. Either way the most important rule of buying a used Ferrari is MAINTENANCE RECORDS. I would pay a couple thousand more for a car with records than an identical one without.
    The GTR is quite the awesome great car too. You can't go wrong with either one, as long as it's the right one. Good luck, Rob

6. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I shot an email to Ferrari of New England yesterday hoping to get a little insight on the car I think I would be looking for. They don't list any 360's on their used car inventory. Im not sure if it is a car that is very difficult to find used or not via a dealership but I figured I could try.

I think the car I would want would be a pretty typical Ferrari, nothing rare by any means I hope. I'd probobly only be interested in Rosso Corsa, some sort of tan interior combination, manual transmission, and budget permitting a convertible as well.

Regarding my budget, I know my initial idea would fall short of dealership pricing, but spending around 70 would be ideal. I see them for sale in that area, but I'm not sure on condition and history on those I've found. I'm not yet ready to waste anyone's time tire kicking in person to find out.

7. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Maint/repair costs can be high on any Ferrari depending on what you get. I worked for Ferrari for 11 years and still service many Fcars in the area incl a few 360s. If maint cost are a concern I would stay away from F1 cars and a Spider... Less systems to repair.

Try to find a nice average mileage 360 coupe 6spd manual with a good service history. Major service and clutch are key... They will be your highest cost maint items.
    Wherever you find a car, I always recommend a pre-purchase inspection. I've saved many people a lot of headaches and money over the years.

Always remember... You get what you pay for!

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions
    Steve

8. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks Steve, I forgot you guys over at Aston/Lotus do alot of Ferrari work too. I got a reply from FONE and I also Contacted Indipendant Ferrari Service out of Easton MA about stuff as well. Anyone do business with them?