2,695 2020 Corvettes built so far - per Kai Spande the Corvette Assembly Plant manager | FerrariChat

2,695 2020 Corvettes built so far - per Kai Spande the Corvette Assembly Plant manager

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by darkkaangel, Apr 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Its a long video interview but he covers the total cars made so far (2,695) and answers what he can on topics like when production might start back, etc.

thecarreaper likes this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    ok, so when will production start back up? Let me guess. It depends, we'll see, as soon as possible, .........

3. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    To be fair, I am sure he has been in on discussions as to the exact time frame but cannot say it publicly, he seems like a nice guy who is trying to answer what he can as best as he can without risking his job.

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Has he been in discussions with THE VIRUS? cuz THAT'S who's in charge. :p

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #5 TheMayor, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    If you look at Kentucky, the CV issue has been pretty minimal. In fact most of the midwest has been aside from the large cities of Detroit and Chicago. If parts of the country open up at the end of the month you would have to think 2 weeks after at a minimum. But then you have to wonder about parts suppliers.

No one really knows but you have to think GM has already put in various plans as soon as the Go signal happens.

My guess for Bowling Green? Mid May.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is the number built. Because of the strike they didn't start until late January. They didn't bring on the second shift just before the shutdown. Then one day about a month ago they stopped completely. Given they want to make about 40K of them a year, that's a pretty good number for a ramp up period.

6. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    **This** "But then you have to wonder about parts suppliers." - He mentions something about a plant in Mexico that supplies parts to Bowling Green and that their closure will have an effect/cause issues if they do not open when Bowling Green does.
    I agree and think they are targeting mid May if they can get everything to line up.