1st meeting of the Greenville (NC) Ferrari Owners Club | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1st meeting of the Greenville (NC) Ferrari Owners Club

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by j7ols, Feb 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I saw Marc Saturday at a cigar shop by the Olive Garden.

It was nice to talk to you again marc.

I'll be e-mailing you later today.

2. FerrariPirate

FerrariPirate Rookie

May 31, 2007
    I see that all the time.

3. RedShft

RedShft Rookie

Mar 27, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That Aston Martin rides by my house often. I live off Portertown Rd, I think he lives out by Lake Kristi. I have seen the red 360 quite a few times as well as the black Rolls. Has anyone seen the Bentley GT in Winterville?? Dude lives in one of those houses in front of the Food Lion shopping center off Old Tar Rd. the car costs more than the house.

Well, I believe that was my first post after lurking for quite some time...WOO HOO!!!

4. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.

The 360 Spider you've been seeing is me. Haven't seen that specific Bentley GT but I know there are a few around. Petey Pablo has (or at least had) one, a guy in Rock Springs had another, and there are more...surprised to hear of the one in the neighborhood you're talking about. What model Aston have you seen? If it is out by Lake Kristi then I wouldn't be surprised if it is Parker O.

What do you have?

5. RedShft

RedShft Rookie

Mar 27, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I've seen you around quite a few times in the past 2-3 months. The Aston Martin I THINK is a DB9, they all look the same to me. It is a newer model and could very well be Mr. Overton, it is an older gentleman that I see driving it. My buddy and his dad(Bob) owns Bob's Pizza in W'ville and he told me about the Bentley GT, I found it hard to believe so I rode out there like he said, sure enough there was a Cont. GT sitting in one of the driveways on the 2nd road to the left. I haven't seen it recently though.

I don't drive anything special. I'm a student at ECU, but also will be starting an ebiz soon with two other partners. I hope to one day soon add a F430 and maybe a Murci to the G'ville scene. :) Hopefully my college degree is just another decorative wall piece for my office in my house off Lake Norman in just a few years.

I'm a gear head and speed freak so I keep an '05 Kawi ZX6R for my adrenaline fixes.

6. dantenfw

dantenfw Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    And apparently thinks that a good car gives them the right to park like a jackass wherever they go.

7. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Who? Where?

Today's only parking job was a normal Sweet Karolina Diner parking job... :). No double parking.

8. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Would you want some one parking dangerously close to your $100,000+ car? I think not.

9. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    did you go to VIR? if so did it suck??

10. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Yup, went to VIR. Weather was not our friend...cold and wet. We ran in the AM in sometimes treacherous conditions...the slow corners had zero grip and some of the faster and more technical turns (T-10) were scary. That said, no major carnage thru 1:30.

I planned to run in the afternoon but it turned much worse after lunch and I came home, as did many others.

Still had a great time though at dinner last night with the group, then slip-sliding around today.

11. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Thanks for coming Marc. A bunch of people still had a good time, but no, the weather was not kind.