1st meeting of the Greenville (NC) Ferrari Owners Club | FerrariChat

1st meeting of the Greenville (NC) Ferrari Owners Club

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by j7ols, Feb 3, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j7ols

j7ols Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jools Bourne
    #1 j7ols, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Two very pretty Ferraris. Where'd you eat at? When it gets warm, I'll try and bring the Duc down for one of your get togethers.

3. eclipse185

eclipse185 Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Statesville, NC
    Full Name:
    Rob Whitener
    Rats, my wife asked if I wanted to go to Greenville (NC) this weekend. I guess I made the wrong choice going to Virginia instead. Great pictures and the weather looked perfect. Glad to see the cars out of the garage during the winter.

4. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    #4 cameronh, Feb 4, 2007
    Someone went to starbucks? I see Healthnow, my docotor works there! I always get a Carmel Frappuccino (sp?)

AMAZING! Beautiful cars!

You guys seriously need to come to washington. There are a couple good spots for pictures, we have the waterfront, and downtown washington. Some great potential for great pictures! I've been wanting to take pictures lately for some reason! Tell me if you guys want a photographer. My camera isn't that great, only 6megapixles :(

EDIT: Oh and does anyone on this board in G-vegas own a 996 911. I think its a Carrera.

Here are some pics of a friends 07 Mustang GT
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    The stang is so wrongfully done......he needs to be educated on how to set up a car but then again if he knew how to do it right then he won't be driving a stang either..

j/k ofcourse...

6. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron

He is a she ;)

7. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Looks like somebody is still discovering wheel offsets, etc.

8. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey Jools,

Very nice to meet you this weekend and thanks for taking the pics...

Surprised you didn't describe the drive(s) we took, haha!

We'll have to do a run to Washington, NC since we have free photography waiting for us :)

I heard yesterday that a guy in town as a 512BB and I know I've seen a 308 around. We've gotta find these people if they want to be found :)

9. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Its a nice Mustang, well done in real life.

Dont like it, dont look at it :]

10. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    We were at Starbucks...

Bring the Duc down sometime. Jools and I are both Ducati owners too.

I've got an 900SS and he's got an S4R if I remember correctly.

11. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron

I can't wait for ya'll to come over here :]
    Come on, tell us about the ride :)

12. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    I'll let Jools describe it...

It'd probably be even more interesting if he told it as if he thought I'd never read it, haha!

13. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    LOL, I bet you guys had fun.

When do you think you guys will have time to come over here?

14. j7ols

j7ols Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jools Bourne
    Hmm, how to describe it....

One of us scared the bejesus out of the other one.
    One of us now probably now holds the high speed record for G Vegas. Not to mention the record breaking run was done with the roof down (did that give it away...?)
    The other one of us drove the other around in a nice sedate manner playing tunes on his tubi exhaust.

I'm pretty sure I was visibly shaking when we made it back to Starbucks. I kissed the tarmac like the Pope at an airport when I got out of the 360. I'm still impressed by how much quicker the 360 is over the 355. Also by how refined it is, even with Hell Rider at the wheel.

Can I go and lie down now, I feel queasy again......

15. j7ols

j7ols Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jools Bourne
    I think if Marc's got a spare 4 mins he can make it over to Washington!

16. j7ols

j7ols Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jools Bourne
    Are we going to have a Greenville Ducati Owners Club meet too?

It will have to get a good deal warmer before I venture out on the Monster. Sounds like a great idea though.

17. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    LOL, wow I bet that was a sight. Where did you go that fast? Because I know there are TONS of cops going around the mall/starbucks area. I hate going to g-ville just because the traffic.

Did you guys get some looks? Me and my friend were in my moms Jeep (she let me take it to g-ville) and we pulled up into the starbucks drive through I got my drink. We came back later because my friend wanted one and we had a nice little conversation with some hot chicks workin there. They were askin us what we were going to do for New Years and stuff :D

So did you get to drive the 360? Im just dieing to ride in one, let alone drive one!

I do like the 360 but it would be a hard decision between the two. The 355 was my favorite car when I was a child, and the 360 is the last of the V8 series I REALLY loved.

18. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I imagine that it could take him only 4 min to get here from the way you talk which makes me even more excited!!!!!

What you wouldn't want to come over here gosh. J/k

Anyway I cant wait till Marc comes over here :)

19. j7ols

j7ols Karting

Sep 11, 2005
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jools Bourne
    Marc may like to put his 'pedal to the metal' but we took it way out of town and away from other road users. We're both pretty responsible when it comes to driving in built up areas.

20. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely

It looks nice, just noticed the wheel poke. They're neat cars, didn't mean to sound pompus there. :D

21. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    OOOh ok, sorry.

Yeah the wheels do stick out a bit. But the exhaust note makes up for it!

22. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Sounds like you guys had fun! There are many a good back roads in North Carolina. NC is known for it's (sp? I get confused with its and it's) awesome roads.

I have a quite a led foot myself. Even tho I have been cautious lately. I found my self pretty much drifting on the way to school (in a SUV mind you). I was leaving the school heading twords my friends house and I saw something written on my window and I pull in a parking lot and found "wash me you ****er" written on my window in PERMENANT marker. I was quite mad so I didnt let off the accelerator untill I pulled back into the school....sorry I often tell stories when I get onto certain subjects.

So did you like the exhaust note? I hope Marc has a lead foot when he comes down here.

Oh and Marc, if need be I would be willing to pay your gas or pay for a lunch or something out of appreciation for you coming to washington!

23. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
  24. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #24 ECTurboGSX, Feb 5, 2007
    Jools,

We'll have to get together when it gets warm. You guys will need to head up here at some point and do one of the Sunday breakfast rides. Imagine a parking lot with over 500 bikes. Every single bike you can imagine including mint Triumph cafe racers, every Harley imaginable, the entire Ducati line up (SportClassic, SS, Monster, Multistrada, superbikes), Aprilias, MV Agustas, and every other bike imaginable. You wanted to see the roads up here, those guys know them a lot better than I do.

Eric

25. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.

Haha...sorry Jools. I didn't even think that I might be a little too spirited until we came back to Starbucks. You didn't seem shaken until I asked the question, haha...

Sorry about that :)

By the way folks, Jools was no angel either...he probably did 120 or 130 when we were riding in his 355.

Fortunately, there are some roads around here that are really well suited to safe high speed runs. Of course, with modern Fcars, it doesn't take much room to get up to those speeds :)

Anyway, our record for the day was around 165...and it was on an new, empty, desolate, limited-access 4-lane highway with excellent visibility.