For Sale - 1996 Porsche 993 SuperCup | FerrariChat

For Sale 1996 Porsche 993 SuperCup

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by ersatzS2, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    I just posted this over on rennlist where I've been a member since inception, and thought I'd share with my FerrariChat community as well prior to listing with broker. This car will probably go to a German collector, but I'd love for it to stay in the states.

I would postulate that the 993 Supercup represents the very absolute pinnacle of the aircooled Porsche driving experience. The 993 retained the basic 911 tub, but added the new multilnk rear suspension. The 993RS added Porsches largest displacement aircooled engine, the 3.8L M64/70 and the Supercup version of the RS took that engine even further via exhaust tuning, valve timing, and gearing. It's experimental (for the day) 4-channel ABS combined with light weight (1100 kilos) and monster tires means it stops like the HAND OF GOD; nothing I've ever driven compares with the speed this car will carry into a corner. As you trail off the brakes, it will politely squiggle into line, hook up, instantly ready for transition to throttle. Later cup cars do better lap times, but never with this much pure driving joy. (And still crazy fast in absolute terms: it's last outing my son qualified 7th overall in a ~70 car enduro field that spanned GT and all GTC classes)

If you are a vintage racer, you know the bedrock reliability of this platform.

Why selling? My foray into aviation has meant less racing, and the racing my son and I will continue we will confine to the 911. This beast is too wonderful to languish as a static display, so hoping someone will take it vintage racing.

Fascinating and charmed life with two years in Carrera Cup racing, (lot's of in-period video on Youtube) then five years in German GTP pro competition. (Series champ one year, with coverage from German Motorsports press) Never hit hard, always professionally managed and maintained even during it's out-to-pasture PCA years. For full details visit website www.motorpla.net click on 'Racing' and 'For Sale'
    Highly referenceable by Peter Dawe, 47 Motorsports, and many GTC2 PCA racers. WagonPass/PCA logbooks, all receipts, dyno etc for inspection. A fantastic opportunity.
    Viewable and driveable anytime at NJ Motorsports Park
    $320,000.00 USD / BTC
    (less than half the price of the 993 RS upon which it's based, despite far more exotic development!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308, Bthesixthree, gobble and 3 others like this.
  2. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Wow, I remember getting passed quite a bit by one of these when I used to do Porsche track days. Nice car.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
  4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I see you are in norfolk va I am in va beach ...

5. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Yessir. East Beach by Little Creek. Although the car is kept at NJ Motorsports Park

LARRYH likes this.
  6. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Interesting we built 100 or so houses and townhouses in East Beach proper... very nice area..

7. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Ha small world. We bought a place on the Bay as a summer place but liked it so much we made it primary residence. 1 mile from KORF so easy to fly places. Bayfront is so private like having your own beach. PCA is huge down here, and so is AACA. Haven't seen much re Italian cars.