1995 F355 for sale (again) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1995 F355 for sale (again)

Discussion in '348/355' started by cmparrenzo, Nov 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Noelrp,

How much would you want for the 348SS? (I'm sure I can't afford it, but, hey, you never know). That is one of my favorite F-Cars, and I love the special door panels. Someone had posted a picture of it, but I didn't realize the owner was a member on this board. It's a beautiful car!

2. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Wow, that suc*s bigtime........ Sorry to hear about your 'deal gone bad'. Of course, I don't think I am alone in wanting you to post who it is!!!!!

I guess you now know that it's important to get a deposit before doing any extras.

Unfortunately, legally, I think it will be difficult to sue. Under the statue of frauds (as someone mentioned earlier), it requires the proposed transaction to be in writing. Unless you have substantial evidence, in writing, that the deal was what you claim it was, it will be difficult to sue. Even if it was in writing, exception clauses often confuse intentions (such as 'subject to inspection'). Additionally, if you are not in the same venue, it can be difficult to prove your venue is the correct one to pursue action in. Lastly, the time and expense of suing is often times more than what you can recover. However, in practice you could definitely do so for the $900 in small claims court. It costs very little to file the action and have the buyer served. It is then a huge buyer's expense to defend. Ulitmately, the buyer may come to the table to settle rather than defending a $900 claim in an other venue/jurisdiction as well as having their reputation tarnished in F-chat.

To me, this seems like the ultimate reason why dealers can make so much money (spread) on an F-car. So many flakey buyers, tire-kickers and wanna-bes that can't pull the trigger makes sellers give up on trying to sell for retail prices. Ease of transaction is at stake.

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very pretty but the footbox is too tight for my taste. The P4 has a bit more room.

4. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
  5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Chris,
    Sorry to hear of the predicament. Like you said, people need to be much more committed to their word.

I was selling a car a couple months ago. A guy said he would drive a couple hundred miles to see it, said he would come the next morning. In the mean time, I guy shows up with a full offer, I could have sold right then, and there, but could not reach the guy from out of town. So, I respectfully declined the offer, telling him if the guy who is coming in the morning does not buy the car, he is next in line....the guy showed up in the morning and bought the car...done deal. I felt good about how it all worked out.

I wish your car was red and a GTS or spider, and I would purchase it in a "New York minute", as I know you are a honorable person. Plus, $75k for a fully updated 95 355B is a very fair price.

Regards,
    Dave

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Chris,

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Unfortuneately, it is about 1 year to soon for me to pull the trigger for #2 otherwise, like the others have said, we'd be talkin'!

I hope everything works out. If you still have it this time next year...call me.

7. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Can it be registered in California with the current set up?

8. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    yes it can, it would require the cats to be put back on, but that is a small job.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Wow, that's terrible. That's a pretty decent price for car like that with that work. I am actually shopping for an F355 but I think that I may have found one already. I will put out the word, though.

10. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    I am interested I sent you an e mail and it has my tell. no. give me a call , I talked to doody today at length about your car and he wants me to speek to you!
    DAVID.

11. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    I am still working on details with the buyer, but I will be in touch in case another issue comes up.

Chris

12. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    This message is to all of you looking to buy!

Chris's deal is an excellent deal., Whoever is in the market looking to buy THIS IS your car.

If you don't buy this car now you will never buy a car!

It is unfortunately just a tad too much for me to put the car in stock but for retail this is the greatest price with the greatest condition you can hope for.

Now go call Chris and BUY IT!

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Brent- I had the pleasure of riding in Noel's 348SS just yesterday, it's in immaculate condition yet hasen't been a garage queen (thankfully, Noel drives it! :D)

Here's a pic.

14. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

I want to second this. After this post came out, I knew of an interested party for this car but it doesn't look like it's going to happen - hopefully, someone will take this opportunity and jump at this chance to buy this 355!! What a deal!

B.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Can Chris advertise that famous people have maybe driven it like Grant and Roland?

16. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Here is that pic of Noel's 348SS I promised.

17. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

No but you just did :)

18. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Thanks Ben!

Is it just me or does my 348SS looks like an NSX?

I almost posted a pic of my 348 on the Red Ricer thread.

LOL

19. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Chris,

Sorry to hear about such unacceptable behaviour.

Considering all that you did to get the car ready for the buyer, is this not a slam dunk as far as detrimental reliance goes? You should have no problem getting damages - but this person sounds like the "can't get blood from a stone" type. I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.

20. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon

Heh, it's just you! I really dig the 'neo 355' look of your car.

The nsx, while it's a decent looking mid-engine wedge, can't hold a candle to the standard 348, let alone your tastefully upgraded SS!

Best!
    Ben.

21. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Sorry to hear that! I hate more than anything when people make commitments they can't keep.

But, in the buyer's defense, everyone has a right to change his mind about a big purchase. However, he does NOT have the right (morally, not legally) to do so at your expense. He should pay you the $900, no questions asked. Any decent person would.