1993 Acura NSX | 44k-miles, Collector Quality | FerrariChat

1993 Acura NSX | 44k-miles, Collector Quality

Discussion in 'Cars' started by Sterling Sackey, Jun 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

#1 Sterling Sackey, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Full photoset: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlingsackey/albums/72157684969093816

Details:

This is a 46,970-mile 1993 Acura NSX finished in Formula Red over black. I am representing this beautiful collector-quality NSX on behalf of its current owner in Texas, a serious Ferrari collector. This car has shared garage space with an F40, F50, and Enzo to name a few.

I have inspected the car personally (I took the linked photos above) and it has nearly no flaws, other than very few normal stone chips on the front bumper and a non-OEM intake (can be rectified cheaply, I can source this for the new owner).

This car runs & drives as expected and has had the full suite of necessary services including timing belt, water pump, and a replacement brake master cylinder (these tend to leak in early NSXs).

We are asking $54,995 firm, a fantastic value given the current asks on the market. I know the NSX market well and this is a great deal for someone interested in the true Senna-spec NSX, an early coupe. Please contact [email protected] if serious about a potential purchase. Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Made a slight error in the title, current miles is 46,970.

3. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

PM me if interested!

4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Bump, open to reasonable offers.

5. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Looking for $52,500 firm... bump!

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    I want every car Sterling ever posts

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Well, you're in luck. They are all available for purchase! ;)

8. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Ok, I have to ask, what's this?: 'true Senna-spec NSX'

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Ayrton Senna was one of the development test drivers for the NSX and signed-off on both the chassis & suspension settings. The specification of NSX he tested (3.0-liter coupe) was brought to the USA from 1991 through 1994.

One of Senna's main complaints with early prototypes was chassis rigidity on the then-revolutionary aluminum monocoque, so Honda stiffened the chassis a further 50% until he was happy. This improved coupe chassis was sent to production, and produced until the 1995+ USA cars, which are almost all targas with significantly reduced chassis rigidity.

Anyway, it's safe to say the early cars are the only ones that are truly "Senna-approved."

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Karting

Oct 23, 2009
    Dallas San Diego
    I've seen this car in person along with the F40, F50, Enzo...immaculate collection

11. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    So, this car here is NOT a targa then ? Hard to tell from the photos.

12. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Given the Senna interest, there is an awesome video of him tracking an NSX for press day in Japan (famous video of his heel/toe greatness...in white socks and loafers!).

GLWS, these are such great cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU

13. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Every 1991-1994 NSX was a coupe, targa production started for the 1995 model year.

14. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

This NSX is sold! Thanks all.

15. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Beautiful NSX. I hope you got what you were asking, as I have the same car - same color, same condition, same mileage, except mine's a 1991. I love it. Great to see the NSX getting the appreciation it deserves.