For Sale - 1991 348ts red/tan | FerrariChat

For Sale 1991 348ts red/tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by CrestSpeed, May 11, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    So a question then, what's a fair price for this car?

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Actually, I'd say your price is spot on if everything is in good order and a major isn't immediately due or very overdue.

Sam Halpern and jjmalez like this.
  3. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Sam Halpern likes this.
  4. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Where was that service done? Kessler tags give away the age of those pics. Any recent pictures of the 348 and/or maintenance records?

Thanks

Hubs348 likes this.
  5. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    I bought this car with 17,600 miles, it now has 18,300 miles. Service at Eurocar, Ft Lauderdale. I know Kessler has a questionable reputation, but at the time I drove to see 4 other 348's all over the east coast and this was the best one. Now it's even better with some needed cosmetic care. As for new photos, I'm set with a video company to shoot next week. Should be a fun project!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

6. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    Super example. I loved my 348s. Rock solid cars and a blast to drive.

7. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Nice!!! GLWS

8. Springcreekpete

Sep 25, 2013
    Do you have service history from previous owners? And it looks like you did the major 5 years ago - so she's due for another?

Sam Halpern likes this.
  9. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    I do have a carfax, but it just states recommended maintenance performed at Ferrari of Long Island. I think this was the only engine out service as far as I can tell. The cam cover gaskets were red before the service, now there green. I'm in the understanding that the red gaskets came from Ferrari factory?

10. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
  11. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Very nice 348ts, GLWS

12. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Ok, how about this for some sales copy?

Enzo Ferrari often repeated his personal view that the engine was the most important element of any car bearing his name. The 90-degree V8 was designed by Franco Rocchi, assisted by Angelo Bellei and enhanced the specialty car landscape. Since its introduction in 1973, the V8 powered model would represent Maranello's most popular and accessible line of mid-engine Ferraris .

First try:

The Ferrari V8 story begins with the 308 model, the first to incorporate the F 106 Al, 2-valve, 3 liter mid-mounted transverse 90-degree V8, wet-sump Ferrari engine. The body was a Bertone design led by Marcello Gandini. The car was received well at the Paris Motor Show and sold over 11,000 vehicles, but Enzo was disappointed with his engineering teams’ use of the transverse mounted engine and transmission which resulted in a higher center of gravity.

Second try.

After the 308s came the 328 model that incorporated the new Quattrovalvole F 105 AB 4-valve, 3.2 liter mid-mounted transverse 90-degree V8, wet-sump Ferrari engine. The bodywork received a modernizing facelift by Pininfarina. The car was well received when presented at the Frankfurt Auto Show in 1985. It sold over 7,000 units, but Enzo still wanted a change to a longitudinal engine and transmission.

Third try… Enzo gets his way!

Before his death in Maranello at the age of 90, 14 August 1988, Enzo called upon the expertise of the parent company, Fiat, to create a new successor: the 348 model. This was the first series-production Ferrari to be built with a monocoque bodywork designed by Leonardo Fioravanti, head of design at Pininfarina, incorporating the new Quattrovalvole F 119 D, 4-valve, 3.4 liter mid-mounted dry-sump engine. Enzo's desire for a longitudinal engine and transmission set low in the chassis similar to Ferrari formula one race cars was finally satisfied.

Sam Halpern, albert328gts and greg328 like this.
  13. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi Larry, I sent you 3-PMs to call me , I have a client that wants your car
    Mike 973-610-7111

14. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    With that introduction, let me offer Enzo's favorite V8 powered sports car bearing his name.

This 1991 Ferrari 348ts is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, a very original, low-mileage example, driven only 18,300 miles. It presents beautifully in classic Rosso Corsa Red, has tan leather interior with sharp black accents. The model number, like all of Enzo’s creations, follows a pattern. The first two digits refer to the displacement 3.4-liter. The third digit refers to the V8 engine.

Its 3.4-liter quad-cam, 4-valve-per-cylinder V8 engine produces 312hp at 7,200 rpm and 238 ft/lbs of torque at 5,000 rpm. It reaches a high speed of over 176 mph thanks to its 5-speed shift gate manual transmission to complete the picture of this classic Ferrari experience. It comes equipped with an onboard self-diagnosis function, stability control, and standard anti-lock brakes. This 348ts also provides creature comforts with air conditioning, tilt steering wheel, power windows, power mirrors, and an AM-FM /CD sound system. In September 2015, this 348ts underwent a full engine-out belt service at Eurocar Garage, Ft. Lauderdale. The new Continental Extreme Contact high performance radial tires drive like a charm with no warning lights. Recent engine and transmission oil serviced in October of 2018.

This Ferrari has always been garaged and covered. Included with this vehicle are the owner’s books in their original leather folio, two keys, factory tool kit, and an extensive file of servicing and maintenance records. Also included with this car is its special order custom-made Ferrari Red car cover with Ferrari emblem, a clean CARFAX report, and clear title.

Join the Scuderia! Call or text Larry. 715.581.0160

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

At this price you are up against f1 360’s, f355 spyder stick, 355 f1...
    Imo, since you asked, 55k tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jferrante likes this.
  16. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
  17. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    agree.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well your $65K ask is not unreasonable to me as the mileage is considered " low"....but add OBO and see what comes from the crowd.

348s for a time had sunk to $55K tops, but the variants and a low miles example should bring a little more in my mind.
    GLWS.....

The 348 has become an entry level Ferrari, but yours looks very clean, and is very low miles.

5 years since the belts does make it "due" as Ferraris says "3 years max"....

jjmalez and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    Thanks for your input. When I bought the car, I traveled around the midwest and east coast to view 5 available 348's at the time. This was and still the nicest one I've seen.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sam Halpern likes this.
  20. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    It is an amazing car for sure. Fair Market Value is always what you are willing to sell it for, and what someone else is willing to buy it for, at a specific date in time. There are probably 348 enthusiasts out there that will pay top dollar for the car, because it is exactly what they are looking for. If it doesn't fetch what you feel it is worth, keep it. It's sure not going to drop in value to any degree.

21. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  22. CrestSpeed

CrestSpeed Rookie

Jul 25, 2015
    Wausau, WI
    Full Name:
    Larry
    I take the car in for detail every spring, so it's clean most of the time. Some times road grime and tar melt on the headers, then I use Gunk spray. When engine is cold, just spray on let sit for a few hours then wipe off. Seems to work well, but it will smoke a few minutes at first start up.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Are the non-factory non-original fender shields glued on or magnetic? if so, how easy would it be to be removed from the car, as not to damage the paintwork?