1989 mondial t cabriolet | FerrariChat

1989 mondial t cabriolet

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by batt3, Dec 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. batt3

batt3 Rookie

Nov 29, 2011
    woodbridge, ontario
    Full Name:
    c. battista
    wondering if someone would know the warning of " slow-down cyl 5-8 " signifies ..... you help would be greatly appreciated .... thankyou

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    It's usually an indication that one of the sensors needs either cleaning or replacement.

Art

4. RoPo54

RoPo54 Karting

Dec 18, 2009
    Miami, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It could be many things from a simple nothing (electronic gremlin) to a serious catalytic converter issue or a sensor.

Are there any other symptoms after it happens?

5. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    You will probably find much more good information in the 348 section as your car shares the engine with the 348 and those fellows work on their own cars a lot. Much knowledge in that section.

The system is supposed to tell you that the specific catalytic converter for those cylinders is too hot and dangerous, however it is far more common that there is an error or glitch in the system. But it is something that is important to diagnose and repair.

6. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Great information on the 3.4 engine at:

http://www.my348.com/

The few times that I have seen the light it was associated with a yellow check-engine light. If a cylinder/bank of cylinders stops firing with a hot engine, the light warns you of a potential exhaust fire/overheat due to fuel in the cat.

Dave

7. batt3

batt3 Rookie

Nov 29, 2011
    woodbridge, ontario
    Full Name:
    c. battista
    i would like to thank all for their help in my query .... i do not believe it is too serious .... other than the warning light the vechicle preforms as normal as always .... or when the car is idle and high revs may cause it to stall ... again.... i would like to thank everyone for their efforts .....

8. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi, so just to clarify your issue, A)is it running normal but the slow down light appears on your dash or B)when you rev it at idle over 5k rpm or more the engine stalls? If its (A) check your thermocouple wiring that connects to the cat, inspect wire for rubbing that could give the false light. If its (B), its more serious and you should find a qualified Ferrari mechanic to help. Good luck!