1989 Mondial t Cabrio 8200 original miles | FerrariChat

1989 Mondial t Cabrio 8200 original miles

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by robbio99, Aug 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I am seriously looking at buying this white(red lleather) cabriolet from Naples Motorsports. Before I get on a plane does anyone know of the history of this low mile car? VIN is ZFFFC33A7K0081588

2. MondialMondo

MondialMondo Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    I believe I have seen that car on eBay a few times; at least once before on June 25. I wonder why it did not sell then. Any ideas on how many owners it has had? When was the last time the belts were changed? Changing the belts on a Mondial t would require engine-out service and that could cost you big $$$'s if you can't do it yourself. Judging from the pictures you may also need some new tires soon. Is the rear bumper straight on the right side, or did it take a little hit? The miles are ridiculously low and the car does look great on their pictures. Make sure that you do your research on the dealer; particularly on the people you plan to hire for the PPI:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107103&highlight=naples

Good luck, Mondials are great cars!

3. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Robbio99

It looks pretty good, but you will have to see it in person to really judge. I searched for my car (for YEARS) and looked at many frogs that photgraphed like a prince. It is my personal experience that the camera can hide a lot. It will be worth your time and effort to see any car you buy in person. I know some might disagree, but if you are the least bit picky you will be glad you looked....everytime.

I had one guy down in So Cal tell me his car was flawless...and perfect. I now know that door dings, tree leaves in the interior, and dents, chips and scrapes on the spoiler and undercariage still qualify for "flawless" and "perfect" in some peoples eyes.

I finally found mine, and am here to say, I am glad I LOOKED up close and personal at every one.

By the way, don't worry too much about low mileage...Mine (1991) has 3900 original miles, and has been problem free. Not even a hiccup! Just make sure you drive it. No one says you have to take it on 100 mile runs every time.

And make sure you are ok with the color combination. I personally would not want to own a car of this caliber and have to make excuses when people ask what color it is....and they do ask. If it is what you like-go for it.

Good luck

Fyrrari

4. MondialMondo

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    Right on! Some people even consider great bodywork and a great paint job after a major accident a "flawless" and "perfect" car. "Flawless" and "perfect" are such subjective statements.

5. MondialMondo

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    There are pros and cons to a low mileage Ferrari. I would definitely consider a low mileage car simply because there is less wear and tear on the drivetrain. However, I would want to find out the reason for the low miles (perhaps the car is due for a major service). If I were to buy a low mileage car I would replace the rubber seals and belts and drive that thing!