1989 mondial shock actuators X reference Delco | FerrariChat

1989 mondial shock actuators X reference Delco

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by jal, Sep 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    I became interested in this when my "suspension " light came on. The topic has not been covered on this site since approximately 2006. I thought that my experience might be useful to others. I identifyied the offending one of the four, by the "whirring" sound IT DIDN'T make (listening with a sthetoscope or 1/2" 2 ft long hose to ear). Tried everything including cutting top off to check wire solder( this had been a previous post solution) but all was fine. I was not able to check the 4 wires which are used for the Hall sffect. The plastic gears appeared fine. I decided to find a replacement, but the OEM prices were very discouraging. Reference to a possible crossover from GM products was made here in a previous post. These were also made by Billstein and used on the 89-02 chevrolet corvette ZR1 under the Delco brand FX3. They were considerably cheaper. I got mine from e-bay where they sell for $175-$295 each ( compare to Ferrari at $895).The part is a perfect fit and the only difference between the fronts and rears is the lenght of the wire. This didn't present a problem for me, as we have lots of slack in the plug wiring. The end result is that the ECU likes it and shut off the warning light on the dash.
    Sorry for the poor photo quality.

2. DenisB

DenisB Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2007
    Cape Cod Ma.
    Full Name:
    Denis B.
    Sorry for the poor photo quality.[/QUOTE]

Photo?What Photo!!! I need pics..... B-)

3. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    #3 jal, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's awesome! The 3-position settings work as well?

5. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    I haven't roadtested them yet, but I suspect that the actuators are in synch and will respond in the same way (screw to right-center-left) on the road.

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is very good but I thought it to be common knowledge from some time ago.

However for those new to the fold here is a helpful link in hopes of continued help:

http://captainzcnc.com/index.html