1989 Ferrari Mondial T's convertible top operation | FerrariChat

1989 Ferrari Mondial T's convertible top operation

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by amer_qureshi, Apr 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amer_qureshi

amer_qureshi Karting

Jul 9, 2013
    Harrisburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Amer
    Hello-

A few of my Mondial friends had asked me to show them how I put the top down for my car. I made a video to demonstrate it. I hope it helps.

Please click on the youtube video below:

https://youtu.be/durY363xslU

2. Roc

Roc Karting

Nov 19, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Rocco LaBriola
    Very nice job Amer!

3. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Nice video.

One thing to add:

It is very important to note that you have to put the windows down, especially the rear ones, before you attempt to lower the top.

Then you can "lock" the rear windows in place with the window lock switch on the dash.

Believe it or not, a few times I have started to put my top down (or up, I usually ride with the rear windows up to reduce wind buffeting when I have the top down) with the windows still in the up position.

To get the rear windows up with the top down, you need an assistant to guide the window past the B pillar as it comes up. Going down is no problem.

Thanks for the tip about pulling the mechanism outside the B pillar, I never knew that.
    Alden

4. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
  5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I agree on guiding the B Pillars. It's important to guide them past the panel so they don't make contact. I never knew about the making sure that the structural arm was positioned properly.

Thanks for taking the time to share your process.

Ron