For Sale - 1988 Ferrari Testrossa for Sale | FerrariChat

For Sale 1988 Ferrari Testrossa for Sale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by dsteele13, Jul 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dsteele13

dsteele13 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    Livermore
    Full Name:
    Dave Steele
    1988 Ferrari Testarossa in pristine condition – only 39K miles! You can now own a piece of history. Sale Price: $109,999

As life moves on we all go in different directions and it’s time for me to move on to my next adventure in life. Sadly, this does not include my beloved ’88 Ferrari Testarossa. I have had the pleasure to own this classic Italian icon for 5 years. Within that time, I have invested over $50,000 in restoration. Below is a list of the updates/upgrades that has been capitalized into the vehicle:

· Engine-Out Service done in May, 2015 with an additional $10K of work was done by Roselli’s in San Jose.

· Complete binder of ALL mechanical work since 1988

· Includes California HISTORICAL plates – no smog testing in CA required

· Dash removed and new leather has been stretched and installed

· AC updated and fully functional

· Custom sound system installed with a JL Audio Sub, JL Audio Speakers, JL Audio Amp and Alpine head unit. The box is set behind the seat, and there was no cutting involved during the installation

· New catalytic converters and mufflers

· New alternator and battery

· Rebuilt window motors

· New tires

· Linkage adjustments

· Repaired the front hood latch with a new cable

· New fuse box/panel

· Interior has been updated to alleviate the common drag marks on the driver seat

· Complete braking system overhaul.

. Rebuilt calipers, new break lines, rebuilt master cylinder, rotors were turned, new pads, and two pistons were replaced.

· Clutch fluid replaced

· New front hydraulic hood struts

· Paintless dent repair on the body

· Rocker panels and spoiler have been painted red to match the exterior of the car

· Purchased new door liners with the velvet, ready to be installed

I have pampered this vehicle for the past 5 years. The car has always been garaged during my ownership. All updates and repairs were made by qualified Ferrari mechanics (I am very particular about this). I also have the original exhaust as well as a car cover. I also have the jack stand tool bag and the original books for the car.

Only serious inquiries please. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I am 100% transparent on all aspects of this vehicle. I can be reached at [email protected]

ZFFSG17A1J0074605

Photos can be seen at the Mohr Imports site listed at this link

https://www.mohrimports.com/for-sale/ferrari/1988-ferrari-testarossa/968.html

Marcopolo3382 likes this.
  2. dsteele13

dsteele13 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    Livermore
    Full Name:
    Dave Steele
    Bueller anyone, Bueller...

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Looks great from the pictures. I’m a fan of the early wheels coupled with painting the rocker panels to match. Gives it a clean look.

Yassa likes this.
  4. Psimon

Psimon Rookie

Sep 27, 2014
    I believe you are mistaken about your car not needing to be smog tested because of the historic plates, but as it is not a 1975 or older car, a smog test is required. I wish you were correct!

5. dsteele13

dsteele13 Rookie

Nov 21, 2012
    Livermore
    Full Name:
    Dave Steele
    Psimon, you are 100% correct in your statement. In addition, if you read up on the laws in CA you will find that all cars post 1975 will require smog every two years or if there is a transfer of sale. But, one thing that an owner of this plate will tell you is that once they have entered into this program they have not received a notice from the DMV requiring SMOG. I have been in this program since 2013 when the car turned 25 years old and I have not been required to complete a SMOG since then. I'm not stating that this will not change but it has been the case in my scenario. Take a look at the blog listed below under section 2 SMOG and you will see another reference to the state not enforcing this rule. Thank you for your feedback as I thought you might find this to be interesting...

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=122801

"2. Smog: The reason this program is such a hotly discussed and debated issue pertains to whether or not you will need to Smog your car after you enter this program. Here in CA any car MY 1976 and newer must posses its' original Emissions equipment and in operation. All cars post '75 are mandated to be tested every two years (or upon sale and title transfer). This, as you are all aware, is becoming increasingly more difficult for us here in CA as time marches on (at least through proper, legal means as is the spirit of the law). There has been multiple anecdotal evidence over the years that, despite the clear text above, those folks that have gone this route have not received a Smog testing notice on their registration since registering this way. This I admit was the primary reason I pursued this program as I would love to restore the M535 to its' original Euro exhaust configuration without the O2 Sensor, Cat, and Johnson Box. (I justify this attitude as this car is driven so little, that any affect it may have on the environment is extremely negligible)."

6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Good luck with sale! Fwiw i’d remove the speakers from the back and repaint the rockers and front spoiler in original semi gloss black.