1988 3.2 mondiail coupe whats it worth? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1988 3.2 mondiail coupe whats it worth?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by tr512, Jul 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Hank. I have long been sold on the Valeo. No Valeo concerns with my trepidation. It's the other day to day finicky stuff involved in keeping any Ferrari of any era in good form.

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Ahh, OK - - I understand. But honestly, even "good form" has a life span. Sometimes (even), you're back at the dealership after only 50 miles on the clock - - because "good form" seems to be out to lunch. My Rachel is a 92 model. My records show that Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter, had issues in the first month. Pretty normal stuff - -

Many years later, after Eugenio systematically removed any suspect components that made up the entity, I can disconnect my battery maintainer, turn her key ........... and go !!!!

BTW, a "major service" is not designed to fix problems. It's actually a scheduled maintenance service, albeit - a pretty big one to the tune of around $6,000 for a t - which should include a rebuilt water pump. It's all those CEL & Slow Down lights that drive the cost up. A/C service, clutch, brakes, etc. has nothing to do with "major service", yet, if you address that at the same time as the major, your final bill will reflect those service charges.

It blows my mind that when folks talk "glowingly" about the lower cost of a major service on a 3.2, they seem to focus on "only" the basic cost of a proper major service.

Here's the deal - - A 3.2 Mondial in for a major - engine in - service, and a Mondial t in for the same major service - engine out. Their additional needs are identical! The difference in the bottom line, "should be" about $1500. !!!!!

Be careful who you talk to and who you go to. The BS can take the unsuspecting, for one hell of a ride.

Cheers, Hank