For Sale - 1987 Mondial $32,000 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1987 Mondial $32,000

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by bigsparky, Jun 22, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    1987 Ferrari Mondial. Priced to sell, $32,000. I’m retiring and downsizing so have to part with some toys. I love this car and since I bought it about six years ago I have around 25k in mechanical and restoration work invested in it to get it running perfectly. All major/minor work has been done; timing belts, new clutch, flywheel and much more and I have all the receipts to show for it. As I'm sure many of you know that most of the Mondials can come cheap but require a lot of work which in this case has all been done so you really don’t need to do much. Around 24k miles, however it’s on two speedometers/odometers. The original Speedo shorted out and fried around 22,000 miles and after waiting for over six months from Ferrari Italy for new replacement, the whole speedo cluster had to be replaced. Mileage is totally verifiable with carfax from when I bought the car which shows the yearly mileage progression and the old odometer which is frozen at around 22k miles. The replaced odometer is showing around 1,600 miles, so add the two. I need to also mention that someone bumped into it couple years ago and dented the fender which which was of course professionally fixed. I have more pix but seems i can only upload 10 here.
    Please feel free to call/text me anytime if you have questions. I’m located in Rockville Centre Long Island NY. Thanks. Mark 917-225-1284
    Also selling a pristine 2008 BMW 328XI with only 63k miles. Please see ad in “other cars”
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Adam Benalt, MrMark and sixcarbs like this.
  2. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Nice car!

WIll not be available for long at this price.

GLWS

3. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can you add some shots of it with the top down/interior? Looks really nice from the outside.

4. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    I would love to, I have many pix, however, when I posted this I didn't realize there was a limit of only ten pix (would be nice if they told you that up front) and I clicked the post button by mistake and now I don't know how to delete some pix and add others. When I go to the edit button in the upper left it seems that it only lets me edit the subject line not the text. I have inquired with moderators but they seem to only respond to part of my question, so I still don't know how to edit the posting. I bought a Rossa package so I can list three cars, (I also posted a mint BMW 328XI but the posting doesn't show up). I must say that moderators don't seem too helpful. They only answer part of your question and not in a timely fashion. Since this is a pay to sell site they should do better I would think? Maybe I need to be a 20 something to navigate web sites, but still... I'm going to trey and add other pix in the upload button below. if it doesn't work i can email you pix. directly. my email ia; [email protected]
    Hey I think it worked, can you see?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Photos look great!

6. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Thanks, wanted to get my 20 something son to take better pix but of course he's to busy lol. It is what you see, and frankly now that it's running great I wouldn't part with her now that I put all that money into it but I'm moving by the ocean so the rust factor and smaller garage will be an issue.

7. rebrewer

rebrewer Rookie

Dec 1, 2015
  8. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Sorry don't understand what PM sent means?

9. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He is sending you an email thru Ferrari Chat (personal message).

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Hi Mark,

This looks like a nice car. A few questions for you:

-Who did the mechanical work on the car for you?
    -Has it been 2012 since the belts were changed?
    -Outside of the mechanical items that you mentioned in the ad, what else has been done to the car in your ownership?
    -Is the A/C working on the car?
    -Do all of the windows work without issue?
    -Are the factory tool kit, compressor, jack, and manuals included?
    -Any particular needs that you're aware of at this point?

Thanks!

2cam

11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS

12. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Hi

-Who did the mechanical work on the car for you? Initial work was Euro-Car Mineola LI NY, then PM Motorsport also in Mineola but his good mechanic left and i found Jason at Giannetti Performace in West Babylon. Jason G only does exotics but he's phenomenal. Happy to have him
    -Has it been 2012 since the belts were changed? Yes, but I probably only put on about 2,500 miles since then
    -Outside of the mechanical items that you mentioned in the ad, what else has been done to the car in your ownership? OMG, it would take me an hour to type it all, easier to do by phone and i have all the itemized receipts to prove. Can you call me and I'll read them to you? 917-225-1284. if you insist i will do, but it will take me a bit
    -Is the A/C working on the car? Yup
    -Do all of the windows work without issue? Yup, even radio antenna works, go figure. Rear windows even work which i understand is an issue with some Mondials, have to put rear windows down to open top.
    -Are the factory tool kit, compressor, jack, and manuals included? Honestly i haven't looked in the tool kit since the beginning, I believe yes to all but i will have to double check. Yes to manual. Also spare. Tires look in great shape and hold pressure all winter.
    -Any particular needs that you're aware of at this point? Now that you are making me think, (a challenge these days...) the only thing i can think of is the internal button to open the gas flap doesn't work. Turned out to be the solenoid. Meant to get it done this last mechanical go-around but Jason informed me if i wanted original Ferrari part (which I always try to do, if you can get them that is) it would take six months to get from Italy, Frankly i got tired of waiting and this was never a big deal to me since you can open it manually with the pull handle. I think its a six hundred $ item from Ferrari. Only other thing now that you have me thinking lol is that little piston (don't know what it's called) that keeps the trunk up when you open it, doesn't hold the lid up. Again this was a non issue for me and after Jason ordered three of them and they kept sending him the wrong ones, I just said to forget it, I don't think I have ever used the trunk anyway. It's cheap and easy to replace about 120 bucks maybe? That's all i can think of, could use a good rug shampoo though....

13. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Ok, so some of you asked and here it is, the summarized list of work performed since 2012, and as i said I have receipts for all of these:
    2012 Work: Oil change, plugs coolant hose, etc. Replace Rear main seal. Replace timing Belt. Rebuilt starter, (couldn’t readily find a new one for that car so it was rebuilt). Replace cam seal. Transmission service replace cam gasket. Oil pan had tiny leak, removed and re-welded, never leaked again. Replaced speedometer and instrument cluster. 2016 – 2017 Work. Oil, filter etc, Brake fluid flush/bleed/ A/C maintenance, Freon. Check for leaks etc. Seat belt issue initially corrected (kept getting stuck) but seatbelt was ultimately replaced with new. 2018: Flywheel replaced. Clutch Kit w/bearing, disc, pressure plate etc. Distributor rotors. Upgraded Spark plugs. 2 distributor caps. Spark plug wires. Ignition module. Gear, lube etc. Some other minor stuff here and there

This was a CA car and I knew when I bought it that it was basically just sitting around and I had a feeling that not much was done to it mechanically over the years, but I wanted it and at the time didn’t care about $ in restoring it. So now that it runs great and I’m selling. lol. But I did enjoy it for as little as I used it and learned a lot in the process.
    Thx
    Mark
    917-225-1284

14. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I know you are downsizing, but care to trade for a GranSport Spyder?

:)

paulchua likes this.
  15. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    This is a well sorted Ferrari for sale asking $32,000. Not a pile of parts, a good looking running example. A Ferrari, for $32,000!

(I wish I was in buying mode, but that's my problem.)

BigTex, jjmalez and paulchua like this.
  16. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Hi
    yes besides the downsizing situation mt biggier issue is my height ant the way i have to have backrest all the way back because of the way i sit, so mondials and 911's are really the only thing that work, besides 4 seaters pf course.
    thank you for asking though, nice car
    best
    M

17. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I'm nit-picking. Ferrari fender badges, sticker or magnets?

Joe

18. bigsparky

bigsparky Rookie

Oct 16, 2012
    Magnets? what's that. Badges are stuck on permanent, part of body metal looks like. not nit-picking, good question

19. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sharp car......GLWS!!

20. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a great car at a great price. I wish I had room for it. I’m shocked it’s still available.