1986 Testarossa Vacuum lines | FerrariChat

1986 Testarossa Vacuum lines

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Guss23, Jun 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Guss23

Guss23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Jason Sharkey
    Is there a good diagram or reference pictures of where the vacuum lines are supposed to go off of the manifolds?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The service manual has that. It can also be worked out from various pictures in the parts book. If it is a US model it is federal law that a vacuum diagram is on a label under the hood.

There are very few on a TR so it should not be terribly difficult.

3. peteficarra

peteficarra Karting

Jun 22, 2010
    ontario
    Full Name:
    peter j ficarra
    The one I could not find was the small one that plugs into the connection under the left rear 1/4 panel. I was talking to Dave Helms about my Fusebox and I asked him about it. He asked for a picture of it and the location then found it on a TR he had in his shop. It is way under the fender and I could not find it.

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    There are 2 vacuum lines on the left side. One goes to the vacuum port on the Digiplex mounted over the tire. The longer one attaches to the vacuum storage tank just outboard of the 7-12 ignition coil. There should be a one way valve located there with a short rubber hose between the tank and valve.

peteficarra likes this.
  5. Guss23

Guss23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Jason Sharkey
    OK, I have 2 ports coming off of my manifold on the rear-drivers side. One is a large one the other small. I have one port on the passenger side which is small. Both of them are supposed to go to the charcoal canisters in the rear passenger fender behind the wheel-well. Correct? I have 2 small ports on the front of the drivers side manifold. One goes to the charcoal canister above the drivers side wheel-well and the other is plugged. Is this correct?

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Yes, the small port at the rear of each manifold should go to a charcoal canister.

No. One of the small ports at the front of the LH 7-12 intake plenum should go to the vacuum storage tank (sort of on the top backside of the LH wheel well under the coolant tank), the other should go to the port on the Microplex ECU (on the top of the LH wheel well) as Brian had posted. Are you saying that you have no small intake vacuum line going to the Microplex ECU? That would be very not good.

7. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James