1986 Mondial Coupe for sale in Maine | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1986 Mondial Coupe for sale in Maine

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by MondialMondo, Jun 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    There is a nice Black on black cpe. that is available in Arizona. PM me if your interested. I think I know where it's located

2. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    You're missing the point. There's always a market for low mileage Ferraris, but I just don't think a 16.5K mile Mondial is going to cut it.

3. MondialMondo

MondialMondo Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    +1

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Agree on the 16.5k but I don't think that anyone would pay a premium for a low mileage Mondial. That's not the Mondial market. You think that someone's going to be salivating over 2500 mile Mondial Coupe so that they can add it to their collection? Highly, highly doubtful. People buy Mondials to drive them.

5. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I'd salivate over a low mileage (sub 3k or even 5k car) Mondial. Then I'd buy it. Then a year later, it'd have 15k miles. The year after 30k miles.

6. Tahoe Guy

Tahoe Guy Karting

Jan 16, 2006
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    The 3.2 Coupe is an extremely underrated car. I'm not sure about the red interior, however if it is more towards bordeaux instead of actual red that might work.

The Girgio is extremely nice for that car. The only thing I personally don't like is that it doesn't seem to have a sunroof. It seems a little high in price to me but a good clean 3.2 coupe can be a little tough to find if you are seriously looking.

Good luck either way. I think if you get one you will be very happy.

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Recoup money? BWAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA!! :D

8. MondialMondo

MondialMondo Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    Actually, I consider that a plus. Mondial sunroofs are known to give problems. The fewer mechanical parts, the better.

If I wanted to recoup my money I would ditch this Ferrari hobby altogether and start collecting paintings. I have yet to meet anyone who came out ahead (incl. service, repairs and upgrades) after selling their Ferrari. I personally lost $10K on my previous 3.2 Mondial Coupe and I am now getting ready for another one. Ferraris are a costly hobby...

9. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I would not shy away from that car because of the price. You cant buy a nice new Chevy Tahoe for that money, and I would much rather have a Ferrari.

Its a beauty in that odd color too.

10. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Didn't someone buy a Mondial QV coupe same color combo recently. Can't remember who? Maybe from NY?

Jeff

PS: I like the exterior color, rather have black or tan interior, but I've seen much worse. I'd buy that car to drive and drive, hopefully with a good starting price, not worry about resale.

11. jonesdds

jonesdds Formula 3

Aug 31, 2006
    SB,CA & Park City UT
    Full Name:
    Jeff

Whoops, sorry Bob, it was you!

I forget to read the second page on this thread. I loved a Grigio/black mondi coupe I looked at 6 years ago or so. Too many issues though.