1985 Ferrari Mondial Quattrovalvole | FerrariChat

1985 Ferrari Mondial Quattrovalvole

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by swiftjustice1, Mar 2, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swiftjustice1

swiftjustice1 Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    I am looking at buying a 1985 Ferrari Mondial Quattrovalvole having only 24,000 miles a clean car fax drives great no scratches near perfect interior few scratches on console and nothing else,no rust engine compartment looks like a 26 year old car,has new tires but no service records and a Pininfarina styled body I have never owned a ferrari and would be driving this one 3-4 days a week.the window motors are weak and the engine took 3 times to grab it is for sale at a cadillac dealership and that is all I know I want this car and have the money to invest in the fun what is the normal price range for this?thanks

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Coupe or Cab?
    Belts done recently?

No service records - big hit.

3. MondiAl87

MondiAl87 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Sacramento Area
    Full Name:
    Al D.
    You can go to ferrariportal.com to get the current value ranges.
    The window motors are always slower than almost any other car.
    Beware, replacing one is not cheap, but then again it is an expensive car when new.
    No records is a big risk, but you can mitigate it somewhat by getting a complete Pre-purchase Inspection from an acknowledged Ferrari mechanic not associated with the dealer. Relative to other F-cars, modial parts are easy to come by.

Take the time to be as informed as you can be. It saves money!
    Let us know what you decide to do.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Isn't this the same thread you started yesterday?
    BT

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You don't have anywhere near enough info on this car. Based on what you've said here, it's a $20k car, tops.

6. swiftjustice1

swiftjustice1 Rookie

Mar 2, 2006
    ya it is a coupe in very nice shape the dealer will not allow me to take it to a ferrari mech. so after a good long talk with ferrari america in orlando I have decided to pass thanks for the help I hope to find a nice car sometime this year that I can drive

7. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Excellent choice. You are well on your way to becoming a happy Ferrari owner.

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    you have chosen wisely - there will be more and better cars for you to choose from

good luck!

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think $20k would be really cheap. It is hard to find any 85 Ferrari for $20 or less, and one with only 26,000 miles seems like it would be worth more. Let me know if you find any $20k 1985 Ferraris with low mileage, I know a couple of people who are interested.
    :)
    BT

10. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I knew of a cherry 84 Mondi cab *listed* at 24k obo, so you have to figure a decent amount of wiggle room there. In coupe trim, it's certainly reasonable to knock off a couple thou.

11. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    That fits the description of the one on eBay - it must not have made the reserve they were asking. I thought it was interesting that it was listed as having power seats and no records of maintenance.

Carol