1984 Ferrari 400i for sale on autotrader | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1984 Ferrari 400i for sale on autotrader

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by zman, Feb 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zman

zman Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario
    This is for the full exhaust, tires and refinish wheels plus install

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #27 samsaprunoff, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up... Chassis 53277 has surfaced and is listed for sale at a dealership in Toronto:

https://www.legacymotorcars.ca/inventory/1984-ferrari-400i-automatic/19587

Asking pirce is $47900 CAD or about $37627 USD which looks to be one of the lowest price 400i's out there. Interesting the pictures show a BAR sticker and so the car could be of interest to a California buyer. Sadly, no real info on the car or its condition. I wonder if one of our Toronto members has seen or looked at the car and if so if they can report back on its condition? The car does present well and the paint (front passenger side spoiler looks to be damaged), interior, and engine bay look quite reasonable. I wonder about the maintenance and also the age of the tires, etc. I really do like this body style in these colors.

Cheers,

Sam

1984 Ferrari 400i
    Color: Grigio Exterior with Black Interior
    Mileage: 76628 (KMs or Miles?)
    VIN: ZFFEB06B000053277
    Chassis: 53277

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Schumi likes this.
  4. IIIVV

IIIVV Rookie

Jul 20, 2018
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    Troy Boy
    SAM~

Pretty car! Are you building a data base of 400s?

5. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #32 samsaprunoff, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Good day IIIVV,

I am unsure if I am the "sam" you are referring to. However, I have posted and continue to post 365/400/412 and Boxers that I find. Am I building a database of these cars? I guess indirectly I am, but not for me but for everyone. My motivations for posting about these cars are three fold. The first is that I think it is great to have an easily and searchable record of these cars and their histories (simply type in the chassis number is the search field and one can find info on the car). In the past finding a car's history was not overly important, but today that has changed and a lot of owners and enthusiasts do find it important and interesting. Also, in the past the car's info was scattered all over and so it could be very challenging to find past info. One has to remember that since our cars our older information, its past info/history can become lost over time... unless one takes the time to document. In a way I am trying to be a bit of a information historian for future owners, etc.

The second reason is so that we can see what these cars "experienced" or even look like over time and/or see some of the car's original colors which may have also changed. A lot of cars were "personalized" during times where this was the norm and so a number of car's originality was lost. Seeing some past info, pictures, etc allows one to see these cars as they originally were... which to me is quite fascinating and assists those that are restoring their cars.

The third is that I prefer to have any linked or found data embedded within the post. This ensures that the data within any links posted is maintained if the original links were to disappear over time.

As for an "almost" database... a member on here (rustytractor) has created an online excel database of our cars that has some great info that you might be interested in:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/online-spreadsheet-please-add-your-cars.507810/

The google link may be dead, but it can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ROO5t0GVAg-c8w3A-UE4PSk4xtEy8gANjbuxbZ7LKY/edit#gid=0

"dstacy" and "ramboy" are other members who were probably the first ones to have been tracking and documenting these cars. Consequently a big shout out to them for their continued efforts!

Cheers,

Sam

GTR-Man likes this.
  6. IIIVV

IIIVV Rookie

Jul 20, 2018
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    Troy Boy
    Sam~

Totally agree with ALL your great points. The world needs more people like you!

7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day IIIVV,,

Sounds good, and thank you for your kind words! As I mentioned previously, there are several members on here that take an interest to document our cars and in the end we all benefit!

Cheers,

Sam

8. IIIVV

IIIVV Rookie

Jul 20, 2018
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    Troy Boy
    I agree SAM! Anything on 54207?

9. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
  10. IIIVV

IIIVV Rookie

Jul 20, 2018
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    Troy Boy
    Sam~
    Yes he was very very helpful. Is there specific information you might like? I am a rookie here obviously.

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day IIIVV,

Excellent and welcome to the Section! I think you not find a better group of enthusiasts that are very courteous and extremely helpful, as you will find in this section.

As for your or other cars you find... You are more than welcome to start a new thread with the car in question. Usually I create the thread with a title following the format of: <model year> Ferrari <Model> <optional: auto or 5 Speed> Chassis <5 digit chassis number>.

A recent example of this was the following thread I created:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1979-400gt-auto-chassis-27985.636194/

Here the thread title is "1979 400GT Auto Chassis 27985". Sometimes an existing thread or threads have already been created on a particular chassis number and so if there is a lot of data in this thread, I simply add the info I find on it. If the past thread or threads only contain little bits of info I will create a new thread and add the links to the past threads in the new thread. The ultimate goal is to minimize the number of threads on the same car/chassis number.

Within the threads I place as much info as reasonable and at the same time I respect people's privacy, etc. So I usually do not publish telephone numbers, etc. I only publish pricing if the existing data is on a public accessible website and include the source links/info.

Pictures and any past info is welcome, as other members enjoy seeing other cars along with their interesting histories. Some also create threads on things that they are doing to their cars and/or if they find difficult to locate parts and/or if they need help finding parts or with some tasks. It is highly recommended to use f-chat's search function first before creating a new thread, as an existing thread might already have been created. Posting to a past thread is desirable, as then similar info or additional posts can be contained in a limited number of threads and thus minimizing the need to find and search multiple threads for this info.

Cheers,

Sam

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Hi all, I spoke to the salesman today. I plan to go look at the car for myself. No books, no tools, no records, no history.
    Will let you know.

13. Leaks

Leaks Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I've had my eye on this one as a bit of a dream for awhile, but I'm not in any financial situation to toss 50k at a car that probably needs a much more. from the pictures, it looks like the lower right edge of the front bumper is cracked, can you confirm if you go to see it? It appears to have been driven plenty (78k miles?) and looks pretty good for the use honestly, but a closer look would go a long way.

14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I went to look at two cars on the same trip. This 400i and a Mondial 3.2 cab. I now need to make a choice and it is VERY HARD.

The 400 is better than I expected it. Yes the front lower air dam is broken. Its made of plastic NOT fiberglass so it is a little harder to fix. Maranello Classics has the part availaible at fair price.

The rear suspension sags after sitting for a while but is in working order when engine runs. The rear bumper has a little blem.

It has been repainted a long time ago and need some touch ups. Still very presentable and more shiny than pics show it.

The engine is dirty but seem to have never been worked. A good cleaning would make it nice.

The interior is absolutely the part that impressed me the most. The interior of a car tells a lot on how it was treated. It is almost perfect.
    Nothing broken or worn. Spend a day cleaning and detailing and you have a super nice interior. Reminds me of my Testarossa interior.

Overall I describe this car as an unmolested well driven car for it's miles with A LOT of potential. Just looking at it's interior I would think this was a VERY LOW MILES car. And NO it's not been redone.

I would love to own it just to bring it back to a nice looking clean condition.

Ak Jim likes this.
  15. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    I like Ferrari cars

16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I will pass on this one. Owner is firm on his price which is a bit too much for me for the miles and what it need and what I want to do.
    I hope it finds a good owner.

17. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just adding Doc...

Chassis 53277 is on BaT:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-ferrari-400-5/

Cheers,

Sam

18. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just an update regarding the BaT auction of Chassis 53277... it was a no sale with a high Bid of $51K USD.

Cheers,

Sam

Jasonberkeley likes this.