1984 Ferrari 400i Chassis 51583 | FerrariChat

1984 Ferrari 400i Chassis 51583

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by samsaprunoff, Oct 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just documenting these cars, as they come up...

Cheers,

Sam

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1984-ferrari-400-3-2/

1984 400i Automatic
    Color: Marrone Colorado Exterior with Brown Interior
    Mileage: 20798 KMs
    VIN: ZFFEB06B000051583
    Chassis: 51583
    Auction:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Just a follow up that 51583 was sold on BaT for $50K USD with 22 Bids... with heavy bidding the last few hours.

Cheers,

Sam

Il Tifoso, Jasonberkeley and bjwhite like this.
  3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Thanks Sam for continuing to document these cars here. Most appreciated.

Il Tifoso and Jasonberkeley like this.
  4. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Sam,
    Would you happen to have any information on this silver/black 400i automatic with chassis #35721 that is for sale in Los Angeles at Heritage Classics?

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Do a search here for that sn. It's been discussed here a few times over the past 10 years.

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Brian,

You are most welcome!

Cheers,

Sam

Il Tifoso likes this.
  7. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jesse,

I post everything I find on these cars based upon the chassis number and/or VIN number. Using the chassis number as a search term will reveal this and any other info to the car. If nothing is found then start a thread on the car/chassis number to see if anyone has some info that they have not yet posted. With regards to chassis 35721, it was discussed a few times with the most recent being:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/chassis-35721-for-sale-81-400a-in-la.612921/

Cheers,

Sam

8. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    As others have suggested, doing a search will prove quite useful. Admittedly, the site’s search function is not the easiest to use, so here’s a top tip: in google’s search bar, type in “site:ferrarichat.com 35721”. This will pull everything for 35721 from within ferrarichat.com.

Ruben

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I've never had any issues with the search here...interesting you say it's hard to use, however it's nice to educate folks on the google search process too. Also handy searching craigslist ads.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  10. Tegethoff

Tegethoff Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2014
    Los Feliz
    Full Name:
    Adam
  11. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Thank you. Will do!

12. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Thank you guys for the info. It was most helpful, especially the way to do it using the F-chat in the google search bar.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  13. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Resurrecting this thread as while perusing the December issue of Sports Car Market classifieds I spotted an ad that reads:

1984 Ferrari 400i
    S/Nxxxxxxxx51583 Marrone/Brown. 15,000 miles. Manual. Super-clean, low miles and excellent driving. Gorgeous interior smells like new. Recent tune-up, very powerful and effortless driving Ferrari. $325,000.00 (it then give phone and email).

According to this thread and the photos, 51583 is an automatic and sold for $50k less than two years ago. I've emailed the owner to see what is up and will post if I get a response....

Am I missing something on this car? I realize it is a truly low km car and a beautiful color, but damn!

14. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    Looking at 51583 there is so much brown oil that has flooded the underside of the car that I really doubt this is a low mileage car. The bringatrailer buyer was probably well aware of the true mileage and made a nice deal at $50.000. Let's hope he is not trying to make an outrageous markup...

For the record all these parts on 51583 are either aluminium or silver alloy and supposed to look so...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Daren,

Hmmm, something is odd, as the online classifed ad says something different:

https://www.sportscarmarket.com/classifieds/1984-ferrari-400i

I wonder if there was a printing or seller submission error that has now been corrected?

Cheers,

Sam

16. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Good catch Sam. I don't ever read it online, but yes, it sure looks like a printing error. $74k is much more realistic.
    I also agree with raemin, that is more oil/dirt/crap than I had on the bottom of my car with 50k miles. From the looks of the online engine photo, there hasn't been much clean-up work done since it appeared on BaT.
    I do hope he can sell it for what he is asking though.