For Sale - 1984 Ferrari 308GTS QV | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Ferrari 308GTS QV

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by rdefabri, Jan 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Up for sale is my 1984 Ferrari 308GTS QV (US Spec) that I've owned for 7 years without issue. This is not a car I wanted to sell, but my current situation dictates it's time for it to go to a new home.

The car has been garage kept and maintained during my ownership. It is in excellent shape and the previous owner (another F-Chatter) made some tasteful modifications (QA1 adjustable shocks, upgraded radiator, wider tires). The car starts and performs extremely well, and everything appears to be in working order.

It is currently showing 25,856 miles, and while I don't want to get into a debate over whether this has been turned over, I'm inclined to believe it has NOT been. In the time I've owned it, I've put just under 3,000 miles on the car. Title shows ~23,500 miles on the car.

The car is in excellent condition, but has some minor flaws to be expected from a car of this vintage. I am asking $64,500 for the car, but I'm open to reasonable offers. No tire kickers or hagglers, I'd just as soon keep it if someone is going to try and hustle me.

I have all the books, records, tools, etc., as well as some extra parts.

I would recommend belt service be performed on the car - it was completed just before I bought it, so it's time to consider doing again.

It was a dream of mine to own a Ferrari, specifically a Ferrari 308. I was never disappointed by this car - it's an absolute blast to drive. It took a lot of attention away from my 1966 Jaguar E-Type, it was that enjoyable and fun for me. I will miss it for sure, but my loss is your gain. Now is the time to get into the 308 series, as the market is in a dip at the moment - this is a solid example that can be driven without issue.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

basvossen, 308 milano, djs308 and 8 others like this.
  2. RJHD3

RJHD3 Rookie

Aug 16, 2013
    Seattle
    Curious if you don’t mind a question about two quick topics for your car.
    Could you elaborate on the “minor flaws”comment? Is that the usual road rash sort of thing or are there other things beyond cosmetics that you feel are worth mentioning? And I don’t mean to be “that guy” about all east coast cars, but what’s the shape of the undersides and any observable rust?

thanks kindly!

3. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Minor chips on front paint, but I mean next to nothing. Biggest thing I notice is slight wear on seat and carpet on drivers side.

No rust, undersides are excellent.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sorry you have to sell it. Hope it goes smoothly and quickly. Great looking car!!

rdefabri likes this.
  5. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    Where is it located? With a 6 digit odometer why would you question the mileage?

6. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I’m in NJ.

I’m not questioning the mileage - it has 25,000 miles. However, there’s always been controversy over the “low mileage” Ferrari that’s 30+ years old. Doesn’t matter how many digits, there’s always an allegation (some true) where the odometer is completely hacked.

7. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    It is what it is, but this one will be sad to let go!

8. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    very nice GLWS

rdefabri likes this.
  9. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    I'm interested in your car, in fact I'm going to see a 308GT4 tomorrow. Yes, 7 years is a long time not to have the major service done. That being said how flexible on the price are you? I tried to send you a private message but can't seem to do it. Thanks, Dan​

10. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Make an offer. I’m not going to come down tremendously but I guess it depends on what you are thinking.

11. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    looks like you also have a new radiator - new expansion tank also?
    Yes the interior looks nice and the paint is clean from the reflections..... Bonus on the no buckle from someone opening the hood and trying to force it closed.
    how are the window motors on this one. familiar issues. Do you know if the bushings were changed out when you did the QA1? this is going to be a great buy.
    these are just some of the questions you'd likely get - these are the ones I asked when I bought my 85QV 3 months ago

Ciao55 likes this.
  12. Ciao55

Ciao55 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel D
    Who do you bring the car to? I'm sure they would do a major service for the new owner.

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    New radiator done by previous owner. He also did the QA1s, but he didn’t cut corners so I’ll hazard a guess bushings were replaced. If he sees this he’ll respond (he’s an F-Chatter).

The car is in really good shape and drives outstanding. As good as any 308 I’ve driven previously.

14. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    they are amazing cars and when properly sorted for the mechanical upkeep they are bulletproof.....
    Bushings
    Cam seals and belts (had a leak) - since it was a deep effort all gaskets and seals moving upwards through teh injection plenum
    since we had the plenum off - All lines for fluids (coolant and brake).
    New fuel injector bushings from the Netherlands (injectors were clean and functioning well)
    New plugs and wires.
    Stereo upgrade up above with teh pods and new head unit
    then onto carpets.....
    had the bumps and slight imperfections with age (botox the wrinkles away).
    New tires

and woohooooooo now its good for another 30K miles...

NYC Fred and rdefabri like this.
  15. ferrari1971

ferrari1971 Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Santa Barbara , Ca.

16. ferrari1971

ferrari1971 Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Santa Barbara , Ca.
    interested in your car. How would I get in contact with you? [email protected], Looking forward to your reply. Thanks

17. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I’ll shoot you an email - thx!

18. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Here's a video of the car - a few asked about the lower part of the body. Car is in excellent shape!

19. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Correction on video - car does not have Tubi exhaust, it’s stock.

20. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking car. shame you only got to drive it about 400 miles a year

rdefabri likes this.
  21. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yea I wouldn’t take it out in bad weather. Northeast - outside of Summer - is hard to drive it with salt / rain.

Most of the time I’d take it to Cars and Coffee, which was not far from me. Driving back roads as well.

22. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Here you have this terrific Ferrari, as far as the car world is concerned fairly low production numbers, and it is a bargain.

Did you see this 240 on BAT that just sold for an astounding 310k? This is nuts! I'd take the 308 any day of the week.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-124/

rdefabri likes this.
  23. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Oh yes, I saw it. I’ve owned quite a few Z’s, know the cars better than any other.

This was way overpriced! And I’ll also agree, the 308 is a better car to drive. My last 240z was replaced by this 308 FWIW!

24. Agent_86

Agent_86 Rookie

Feb 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Joseph
    Still for sale? Just joined and can't find how to PM (maybe I don't have permission yet).

25. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Welcome! To PM, click on the avatar then click on “Start a Conversation”