1984 308GTS power door locks repair with pictures | FerrariChat

1984 308GTS power door locks repair with pictures

Discussion in '308/328' started by Beard Bros., Feb 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    #1 Beard Bros., Feb 28, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    I had a friends 1984 308GTS in my shop for some repairs and one of the items on the list was the door locks. They were not operational at all so I took everything apart and found the passenger side motor actuator arm was locked in place by some sound deadener adhesive. I took that motor out and it bench tested fine so I reinstalled it and moved on to the drivers door. This module is just a master controller for the passenger door lock motor module. The drivers door will only lock when in the closed position. The latch assembly has an arm that moves when the latch is closed allowing the lock to set. I was hoping I could take this drivers door module apart and repair it but they are not meant to come apart and I pretty much destroyed the housing getting it split. Once I could see the internals I found the board had shorted out. I found a replacement and when installed the whole power lock system functioned properly again.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thomas Magnum and GT4andMore like this.
  2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great write up Jame! Would you care to share where you got the spare actuator? Thanks.

3. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    My passenger door lock suddenly began locking/unlocking by itself - had to pull the fuse. I decided to resto-mod it with a proper remote central locking. MUCH easier to live with, and all hidden. BTW, my car was nowhere near concours, and never will be, so little mods like that don't bother me.

Beard Bros. likes this.
  4. Beard Bros.

Beard Bros. Karting

Aug 22, 2018
    Midwest USA
    Full Name:
    James
    Luckily I found a new old stock unit on eBay for $325.

miketuason likes this.