1982 Ferrari 512BBi Chassis 39527 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1982 Ferrari 512BBi Chassis 39527

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by samsaprunoff, Aug 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bknblk

Bknblk Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Josh Toby
    The wheels are a Group4 Ferrari reproduction wheel that are powder coated in Prismatic's Satin Poly Gold (PMB-6487). I went with Firestone Firehawk Indy's for the semi-period type appearance and great reviews (Don't hate on me for not putting PS2's on an 80's car, lol.). The size is 235/45R-17, and the tires have handled very well and comfortably for me.

The original rims, which were re-finished shortly before I bought the car, and new Michelin TRX's (less than 500 miles wear) were set aside in storage bags for future Concours use if desired. The original wheels would absolutely come with the sale.

I think its a best of both worlds set-up, and it gets thumbs-up on the road every time she's out!

2. Bknblk

Bknblk Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Josh Toby
    The seats were certainly dry, initially. I have used multiple treatments of Leatherique to condition the seats, and they have a great patina now.

So many Boxers have had their leather replaced, and I feel the seats then look a bit puffy, new and out of place for the car. These seats do have some mild cracking due to age, but I really feel like it adds solid character that I wouldn't want to give up. Your personal taste may vary and replacement is certainly an option for the new owner!

3. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    good answers.
    i certainly like original leather with patina, its just a fine line between patina and neglect. you are the best judge of that tho.

i certainly like the new wider and taller wheels - did the same on mine.
    just wanted to make sure the originals go with it.
    thx