1982 400iGT, #39425 - $69,500! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1982 400iGT, #39425 - $69,500!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Schumi, Feb 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes Seth, But were those four bidders for real? I say no. Are you trying to tell me this is a $70,000 car? Do you really think they turned down an honest $63,500 bid? I think it was all BS trying to push the price and they came up with nothing. Just from the pictures the car has things wrong with it that the folks that own it don't even realize! I think it's a good looking car in the best color combination. Cavallino says $60,000 tops, FML says average $34,600. Anyone want to venture a bid??

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #52 bjwhite, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Dup post

3. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I say $35-39k. And no, I don't think those $60k bidders were real.

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Driver's Source has one for sale in much better shape and they are asking $46,500.

5. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
  6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day George,

Thanks for the link... I will create a thread with regards to this car so all of the info, comments, etc can be placed in one thread.

Cheers,

Sam

7. Pyrford Ranger

Pyrford Ranger Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  8. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    That's what they told me the asking price was, £60,000.

I hear a silver RHD 5 speed 412 with only 6600 miles from new that has always been in New Zealand is for sale and has been offered to someone in the UK...one can only imagine the price.

9. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi well wasn't a blue 412 manual with about 4000 miles sold for about £79000 last year

10. Ramboy

Ramboy Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    David Ramm
    That's true Rob,though that was LHD. Rumour has it that Amari Supercars have bought the silver 412 I referred to and will be listing it for sale very soon. Six figures I wonder?
    David

11. Pyrford Ranger

Jan 21, 2011
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  12. Temerian

Temerian Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 17, 2014
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Rick Temerian
    I don't know if this is helpful but I bought my 400i A this year for $30,000.00. It had 90,524K on the clock and had been maintained for the past 9 years by Giovanni Gugliotta (a great Ferrari mechanic). It took me almost a year to convince him to sell it to me and the price went up by $4,000.00 before we made the deal. He is convinced these 12 cylinder cars will go north of $100,000.00 in the next 3-5 years. I looked at a number of 12 cylinder models before I decided to buy a 400. I love the way it looks and sounds and also the feeling of it being a hand-built automobile. I also love the 456 and the 550/575 models and would probably buy one of them if I someday want to own another Ferrari. I will post some photos soon. And as an aside, my wife absolutely loves the car and the automatic makes it much easier for her to drive. Everywhere we go people comment on the car and want to talk about it- which I am happy to do. It was the fulfillment of a lifelong dream to own a Ferrari and I feel privileged to have joined the club. Who can know where the prices will go from here? I would bet that most of you will not sell your cars even if prices go through the roof. Just my opinion.

13. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    So I've been wondering about this car... It's been for sale for a while with no takers yet. Have any of you actually seen the car in person? Have any of you made an offer?

What's the deal here as to why there's been no movement?

Cheers!

Ruben

14. Rover73

Rover73 Rookie

Apr 2, 2008
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Gio
    Ruben, I checked this car out about 2 months ago. The good looking photos peaked my curiosity. First off its going to need a paint job.

As I recall the areas around the front & rear windows has paint chipping/bubbling, dent/big gash on passengers rear, lots of paint imperfection all around, and the rear bumper was dented. The interior was another mess. The pictures look great, however the seat covers on the front seat not only don't fit well they don't match the color of the back seats. The Tan color is totally different which is not picked up on camera.

The dealer claimed it was well maintained. Gave me some story about the orig owner buying the car for his wife not realizing it was a 5 manual yadda, yadda, yadda, she refused to drive it so it just sat around.

I'm sorry don't remember the details I spotted while looking at the engine but I do recall it did not look like it was touched in a while.

I just do not believe the car has true mileage or is well maintained. I had a odd feeling. I did not even ask to test drive it..

15. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Thanks Gio... I guess it makes sense that it's just sitting - clearly asking premium price for a less than premium car.

I hope it ends up in a good home, at a reasonable price.

Cheers!

Ruben

16. jbarbakow

jbarbakow Karting

Mar 6, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Barbakow
    I am interesting in buying a 400/412 manual...anyone want to sell?

Jeremy
    818-645-5459

17. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Hi Jeremy,

I see that you live in CA... If so, not sure if you're aware, you'll need to also ensure that you find one with a BAR sticker. These are rare cars and unfortunately even rarer with the sticker which is what enables you to legally register it in CA.

That said, they're out there (there's one in my garage, but it's not leaving anytime soon), so best of luck in your search and keep us posted!

Cheers!

Ruben

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    There's one in my garage too (5-speed with a BAR sticker) and it ain't going anywhere! Especially since currently I have the exhaust taken off. But still. :)