1981 BB512 Boxer with 800 miles sells for $36,500 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1981 BB512 Boxer with 800 miles sells for $36,500

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kdross, Jul 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What you all fail to acknowledge is that the 365 bb series was first designed as an answer to ferrucio Lamborghinis pride and Joy ,the Miura. the answer was quite a statement. That statement was designed in the late 60,s and first shown at the Turin motor show in 1971...The 308 series was not even a twinkle in Enzo eye yet. So when you compare the design style of the interiors and exteriors, the boxer was state of the art for the late 60's. the 308 is a generation ahead as it did not appear till after the dino or the 308gt4. In 76 it appeared as a replacement for the gt4.Technological and ergonomical advancements were accelerating as fast as the speedo limits on the cars. so all in all it is a case of 2 worlds apart in design. you are comparing an 85308gt with the orig 1971 365 design.The fact of the matter is there was always a flagship ferrari and an entry level ferrari.History will record the Boxer as a Flagship.and the 308 a sibling.

Now tell me there was a better interior in the 1970's.

2. atheyg

atheyg Guest

Their is no need to justify extra $$$ vs a 308, the Boxer is the only limited production supercar under $100k as referenced per Sheehan, they are a one of a kind work of art never to be made again.

The 308 does have a nice gauge set up but I far prefer the layout in my 328 which is identical to the 288 GTO.

Its funny how someone says I prefer my 308 over a Boxer, it doesn't make sense as a Boxer shares many similarities to to 308 but is more exotic, its really the big brother to them with more cylinders. much more horsepower, speed, sounds and more radical looks, in contrast a TR is not similar at all to the 308/328 series.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    And, I think the interior compares well to even more modern exotics up to date.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Gary,
    I suppose if it makes you feel better I'd be willing to sacrifice my 308 and trade you. How soon can you meet me to seal the deal???? I'm on my way out the door now.........What can I say, I'm just in a generous mood!!

By the way I think your car is gorgeous. I wanted to be a little closer behind you on the track last weekend to hear it better, but had to "settle" for being behind Robert's TR and DJ's 308. Still sounded good back there!!!

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is a damn fine interior. The best I have ever seen in a boxer.

6. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Michael,

SWEET....interior!

Congrats on your 1st place/best of show awards and the many more that will be coming your way!

Gary

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Side marker lights are required to allow the vehicle to meet DOT rules. I've never deducted points for a grey market car having them. However, I have deducted points for a US spec car being converted to euro spec marker lights.

8. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Here's one. I love the teak console.

9. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Sorry Atheyg, I call BS here. In the last 8 months I've followed the Canadian BB market closely with help of others on this board. I do believe Steve does move a lot of cars, and he works with a variety of quality, but the same BB's keep popping up under different names, in different situations, and return to his site at different prices. I personally would not go there and do not use his site as representative of the market. Good clean BB's with strong history and decent prices move reasonably well (I've measured in months) but there's a lot of cars with stories that sit for a long time.

I totally agree with the canadian contributors. I'm waiting for my net worth to incresae so 5% = a BBi, even the genuine "best BBi in the world", but suspect it'll be sold by then msdesignltd or you'll have your 100pts and $150USD...

10. atheyg

atheyg Guest

As I said for the upteenth time, Steve Maman does not sell exclusively to the Canadian market, many of the Boxers he's sold were US cars that either were on consignment or were purchased by him and left in the US and later sold to US customers, I know of several.

Call it what you want but I've beem looking seriously for a Boxer for over a year and Maman has sold many some within days, their are only a few hundred Boxers in North America anyway.